Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: GOOD and AFFORDABLE Buffet in Metro Manila Hotels  (Read 133027 times)

sydxoxo

• single and fabulous
  • Junior GirlTalker
GOOD and AFFORDABLE Buffet in Metro Manila Hotels
« on: June 27, 2010, 05:37:39 PM »
i know Spiral in Sofitel is the best when in comes to hotel buffet food but for me, P2500/head (correct me if I'm wrong) is too expensive if you want to treat friends and family for a birthday party or just a simple get together dinner. Can someone suggest a good and affordable hotel buffet food that won't put holes in my pockets? i guess 1k+/head is ok. Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 05:41:29 PM by sydxoxo »
being a POSER and a USER won't make you famous my dear :D

dream on girl!

katiztic

• Stressed but Fab
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: GOOD and AFFORDABLE Buffet in Metro Manila Hotels
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:47:55 PM »
Pasubscribe din :)

Yung sofitel, 2500 na per head? I thought mas cheaper than that :(
What won't kill me will make me strong.

lemonade

• Super GirlTalker
  • ich liebe meine tochter!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 06:17:35 PM »
lola maria's at the legend villas (pioneer street, mandaluyong) - very affordable filipino buffet at around P350/head. i haven't tried it yet but my friend says it's good enough for its price.

restaurant 5 at the discovery suites (ortigas, pasig) - less than P1k/head

basix at the dusit thani manila - around P1,200++/person

circles at the makati shangri-la - you can avail yourself of the special rate (P995++) for lunch on mondays

sydxoxo

• single and fabulous
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 07:24:31 PM »
Buffet prices are P918 (breakfast), P1,388 (lunch), P1,588 (dinner), and P1,888 (Sunday brunch)
*according to http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx?articleid=73422

so i guess hindi pala expensive. alam ko nung nag-feature sa tv ng places that serve buffet all over the metro, spiral yung pinaka-expensive. sa Rated K ata yun, not sure though. anyway, thanks lemonade, mukhang ok yung shangrila and restaurant 5  :D

how about in crown plaza? ok ba food dun and how much? may buffet kaya? TIA.

dream on girl!

lemonade

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 07:57:35 AM »
crowne plaza's 7 corners offers buffet dining. okay din daw although i haven't tried it.

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:53:12 AM »
Kumain kami ng lunch 2 Sundays ago, P3180 per person sa Sofitel.

If you want to save sa Sofitel, get their Accor card. Half the price ang 2nd person na kasama mo. We have 4 cards kaya nakakatipid kami pag marami kami kumakain :)

sydxoxo

• single and fabulous
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 12:41:45 PM »
^whoa! 3180/person? grabe naman.

uhmm about the Accor card, how do i avail one and how much na lang yung buffet if meron ka nun? how much naman kuha nun? TIA.

dream on girl!

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »
^Call Sofitel and ask them to talk to a sales agent :) I think, cause my dad applied for us, 7k yung fee. May mga benefits naman like may free overnight stay, discounts, points, etc...

I lost the brochure nung card pero alam ko pag 2 kayo kakain, half the price yung isa, pag 3, may certain percent nalang, then so on and so forth.

For me naman sulit yung lunch nila especially Sunday kasi wine and champagne all you can so dun kami bumawi haha

workinmom

• Junior GirlTalker
Fave Buffet Restos in the Metro
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 06:23:36 PM »
Name your fave buffet restos in the metro. I'm thinking of where my next foodtrip's gonna take place! Tia!  ;D
"A Moment on the Lips, Forever on the Hips"

veeyaa006

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Fave Buffet Restos in the Metro
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
My current fave is Cabalen in MOA. Ok yung food. Typical Filipino style pero meron ding small Japanese area, etc. Better than the one in Festival Mall :) I always end up feeling guilty afterwards kase super pig out talaga. Even yung chocolate fountain hindi ko pinapalagpas :)

workinmom

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 06:42:58 PM »
i'm from the north kasi so i don't get to visit moa that much. but their trinoma branch has the same menu too. so you could try that out in case you get to go to the north.

one of my faves din is tong yang in makati. the food and the place are both are equally great. i however visited their quezon ave branch and boy was i grossed out coz the place was just filthy.:o i'm never ever going back there. they've to do something about that branch of theirs.

"A Moment on the Lips, Forever on the Hips"

lemonade

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 06:54:39 AM »
some of us have shared our favorite buffet restaurants on this thread:

http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,210427.0.html

twinks

• Fun fun as a
  • GirlTalker
  • it's a small world!
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 07:15:42 PM »
bukod dto saan pa meron sulit buffet?
We all get good and bad breaks. What we do with them decides our fate.

http://www.scrapoftwinkle.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/#!/twinktwinkle

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 03:56:13 PM »
Other than those mentioned above, I feel Mandarin Oriental's PASEO UNO offers value for money. If you have their card, you get 50% off. The card is fully transferable so you may just borrow. I think it's around 1,300+ per head. :)

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 08:00:37 PM »
richmonde hotel eastwood has a Friday the 13th promo this week. Their buffet is only Php550

jhoanneaganda

• Senior GirlTalker
  • "Nothing is impossible"
    • www.charlojhoanne.multiply.com
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 09:21:41 AM »
nagtaas na ang mandarin actually parang 1500++ per head na... correct ok yun card ng mandarin hotel... i have mine super sulit naman.... half ka lahat sa restaurants ng mandarin including the paseo uno plus you have free overnight stay and 1 free buffet certificate...

before meron akong accor card... pero feeling ko di sulit... the overnight stay sobrang hirap magpabook plus super expensive ng buffet yun lang i really love yun dessert station nila... heaven...
Stay in love...

aranses

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 12:32:34 PM »
pa-join.  ;)

My family used to go to  Diamond hotel (The Palm Court Caf's), hyatt (market cafe) or new world(M2M) every special occassions. halos pare-pareho naman sila ng price pero para sa akin pinakasulit sa market cafe(free-flowing drinks & wines). Once pa lang ako nakakain sa sofitel for me ok lang ang dami selection pero ang mahal.. hehe  :)
Some of the greater things in life are unseen; that's why you close your eyes when you kiss, cry and dream :)

Faith20

• Fabulously Beautiful
  • Probationary
  • i am who i am....
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 02:00:57 PM »
on the 20th will be our 5th year anniversary as couples. i'm planning to celebrate it sa hotel nga sana para maiba naman... suggestions naman mga sis. yung ok sa budget and the cozy romantic ambiance too
When you wake up in the morning don't forget to thank God for a beautiful morning and after doing so face the mirror and then greet the beautiful lady in front of you. "Good morning Gorgeous"

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 11:34:31 AM »
^ Your top choices are Sofitel and Shang. But if on a budget, definitely Oakwood. Actually, Oakwood's 1-bedroom unit is wayyy cozier than either of the two aforementioned 5-star hotels. If they are on a promo, you can avail of the 1-bedroom deluxe for only 5k. Regular price is around 8k (including tax, service charge, etc). Their breakfast buffet is okay according to friends who've tried it. I've dined there once (not buffet) and food was good. :) 

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 03:20:30 PM »
I don't consider Spiral's buffet as the best in terms of taste.  It has a wide selection all right, but not all of the dishes are good.  The dessert selection also does not please me.  Spiral is way overrated, in my opinion.  I'd rather dine at Circles or Paseo Uno than Spiral.

Affordable for me is Crowne Plaza's buffet at 7 Corners.  I like the home-made ice cream there.

Hyatt Hotel's Market Cafe is underrated.  I like the fact that there's a fresh seafood and meat selection where the chef can cook according to a client's preference.  I also like their homemade ice cream and desserts. 

I want to try Dusit Hotel Manila's Sunday Crossover Lunch buffet because it offers Benjarong and Umu food, among others.  I also saw in Dusit's website Umu's unlimited sushi and robata lunch buffet for only Php850 nett per person, as well as the happy hour (sake+local beer+selected sushi) for only Php750 nett per person.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 03:25:05 PM by marose17 »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.