Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 24 OCT 14
Do you have blemishes on your face? Try making a paste out of blended pineapple and carrot. Apply it to your face for 15 minutes, then
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Health Alert: Slimming coffee found to contain banned drug sibutramin  (Read 44106 times)

alyanika

Re: Health Alert: Slimming coffee found to contain banned drug sibutramin
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2010, 07:36:47 AM »
i totally agree with sis skye! galing! ;)

i believe all of us are aware that proper diet and exercise is the best way to be lose weight - however, due to the our OWN personal reasons, WE CHOSE to drink leisure18/fashion coffee - the easier way! sabi nga ng isang sis natin sa isang thread, "hell, i'd drink a can of cow urine if itll wash my fats away!" - loved that statement! haha!

basta, i love leisure and fashion coffees! heaven sent talaga and made me a HAPPIER person! cheers! :)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:23:33 PM by FNMod_Tonette »
things are best learned through experience! :)

alyanika

« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2010, 07:46:28 AM »
Just got my annual health check here in the office, so far.. ok naman, [textspeak!] naman na detect na bad sa system ko. IM SUPER HEALTHY! Nga pla guys, with regard to the health threat posted here, here's a link to read: http://ezinearticles.com/?Safe-and-Effective-Weight-Loss-Supplements&id=287324

I'll check with my husband (who's a medrep) to ask the doctors more about 'Sibrutamine|Meredia'.  :)

btw, also had my pre employment medical physical exam (requirement) a week ago. FIT to work ako and healthy. ok din ako sa drug test. :)
things are best learned through experience! :)

snooky

• Fashion, food and furry friends
  • GirlTalker
  • Don't be gullible
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2010, 08:59:04 AM »
^Of course your APE's will pass. There's nothing in the coffee! Same reason it passes through immigrations and customs of Japan and United States. Same reason they can't do any scientific studies.

Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is usually the correct one

It's all in the mind = PLACEBO EFFECT There's nothing in the coffee.

Classic signs of a DIET SCAM:
  • - A doctor takes it so it must be safe (yeah right, all doctors are infallible. I know lots of doctors who smoke, who are alcoholics, take drugs - so these substances are ok?)
  • - Lose Weight without Diet!
  • - Lose Weight without Exercise!
  • - No hard work required!
  • - No Discipline required
  • - "I lost 30 pounds in 30 days!" Testimonials

Slimming coffee has all the signs above. Just use critical judgment and an open mind.

Sadly, people would rather Cheat themselves of a miracle supplement than accept reality - That the only real effective method is a change of lifestyle, hard work, discipline, proper diet and exercise.

Edit:
Back to topic. if Leisure and fashion does contain Sibutramine, then it will work. Sibutramine is an appetite suppressant which fashion and leisure does, diba? Mawawalan ka ng gana kumain.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 09:50:42 AM by snooky »

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2010, 10:31:46 AM »
It works because it contains a substance not listed in the box. Whatever the substance is, people dont seem to care anyway, as long as it works.
eto na naman sila, "mas better" , "pinaka the best"

skye*

• GirlTalker
    • Skye Avenue
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2010, 01:20:56 PM »
^Of course your APE's will pass. There's nothing in the coffee! Same reason it passes through immigrations and customs of Japan and United States. Same reason they can't do any scientific studies.

Occam's razor - the simplest explanation is usually the correct one

It's all in the mind = PLACEBO EFFECT There's nothing in the coffee.

Classic signs of a DIET SCAM:
  • - A doctor takes it so it must be safe (yeah right, all doctors are infallible. I know lots of doctors who smoke, who are alcoholics, take drugs - so these substances are ok?)
  • - Lose Weight without Diet!
  • - Lose Weight without Exercise!
  • - No hard work required!
  • - No Discipline required
  • - "I lost 30 pounds in 30 days!" Testimonials

Slimming coffee has all the signs above. Just use critical judgment and an open mind.

Sadly, people would rather Cheat themselves of a miracle supplement than accept reality - That the only real effective method is a change of lifestyle, hard work, discipline, proper diet and exercise.

Edit:
Back to topic. if Leisure and fashion does contain Sibutramine, then it will work. Sibutramine is an appetite suppressant which fashion and leisure does, diba? Mawawalan ka ng gana kumain.

So supplements are not good? So we should not take vitamin supplements because they are not good. We should just eat fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables to protect ourselves and get the right nutrients that we need. Coz when we take these vitamins in tablet or capsule or syrup form we are cheating. Is that right?

Then kapag nagkasakit tayo we should not take medicines because we're taking shortcuts para mabilis gumaling and we're just cheating if we decide to take meds?

Look, if you want to take the coffee and go to the gym at the same time you are free to do so. Wala namang sinasabi na if you take the coffee don't go to the gym anymore.

Yes, maybe there are other ingredients which are not listed on the box.. but slimming coffees lang ba ang ganun? Think about it.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:25:13 PM by FNMod_Tonette »

leslyn_blues

• aha-aha- i like it- aha-aha
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2010, 04:33:52 PM »
i tried slimina slimming coffee, i lost weight 2 lbs per day, ang effect niya lang noong umiinom ako ay dehydration and wala akong gana kumain and malakas akong umihi at pagpawisas, original yung binili kong coffee kaya akala ko okay siya, after kong gamitin tinigil ko na kase siya kase pumayat na ako diba, ngayon natatakot ako kase sumasakit yung lower back ko and nag coconstipate ako.. eh diba pag lower back ang sumasakit kidneys yun affected? natatakot ako huhuhu pano toh right and left yung masakit eh  :'( kaya now i want to go back on taking gluta para madetoxify sana katawan ko from the toxins okay lang ba yung ganun? natatakot na ako :'(
chikichikichikichikinini....!!!!

leslyn_blues

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2010, 04:45:40 PM »
siguro yung bad effect na naramdaman ko yun na yung withdrawal effect nung coffee  :'( baka kase yung bad effect ay after mong itigil or maybe lalabas yung bad effect after 3months to years after gamitin.. now i learned my lesson hindi na dapat akong sumugal dapat hindi ko na isugal yung health ko para lang gumanda figure ko baka mamaya kidney failure na ito or kung ano man engot ko kase alam ko naman na hindi bfad approved tinuloy tuloy ko pa  :'(

snooky

• Fashion, food and furry friends
  • GirlTalker
  • Don't be gullible
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2010, 10:25:02 PM »
@skye supplements , vitamins, and meds which are backed up by medical studies are ok. Problem is, those slimming coffees have NO research behind it - none, nada, zilch, zero.

If leisure 18 gets an ok from a respectable medical authority, i'll even help you sell, promise! :)

(I am for the safety and health of our sisses in GT. I promote proper diet and exercise. I am not selling anything. I have nothing to benefit unlike the sellers of sliimming coffee which may lose customers.)

sheh-la22

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2010, 11:34:41 AM »
>  gusto ko sana uli bumalik sa lesiure kaso natatakot ako , kase kapag biglang payat ka, parang dangerous talaga...naalala ko kase yung namatay dahil sa pag inom ng mga drugs na nakakapayat, baka kase sumulpot ang sakit (cardivascular)

> pero plan ko uminom ng slimming coffee, pero in very small amount lang or every other day, para lang bumilis bilis ang pagpayat...pero once ma achieve ko na, stop na ko, then direcho discipline

> ngayon ang ginagawa ko talaga is i LESSEN ang RICE, napansin ko lumiliit na waist ko at napayat ako

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2010, 01:20:49 PM »
snooky, add to the fact that slimming coffees are relatively new to the market. no long term safety data, just like gluta. these are not extensively studied, so taking them is like subjecting yourself into an experimental research.  LOL

@leslyn: from what i've read, sibutramine must have tapering doses.  (granting na yun ang substance ng slimina) hindi binibigla ang pagstop.

with your current condition, it's best to have it checked sa doctor. 

leslyn_blues

« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2010, 01:32:39 PM »
snooky, add to the fact that slimming coffees are relatively new to the market. no long term safety data, just like gluta. these are not extensively studied, so taking them is like subjecting yourself into an experimental research.  LOL

@leslyn: from what i've read, sibutramine must have tapering doses.  (granting na yun ang substance ng slimina) hindi binibigla ang pagstop.

with your current condition, it's best to have it checked sa doctor.

mag papacheck up nga muna ako.. what if kidneys nga?  :-\ scary  :'(

***bhebe_q***

« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2010, 01:48:18 PM »
hello sisses..... actually nakikita ko yung point ni sis snooky, qt_ben, and ms.skye..... pero in the end kasi [textspeak!] mga users pa rin ng coffee ang magdedecide, may mga tao kasi na willing to take the risks para maattain [textspeak!] ideal body weight nila....and i believe (reading from the posts of sellers here sa mga thread nila) hindi naman nila pinipilit ang mga tao na bumili ng product nila, nasa tao pa din yun if bibili sila or hindi...... ;)

pearlrae

• GirlTalker
  • contented
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2010, 03:27:59 PM »
buying a certain product follows that you also have thought of the effects it may give your body...

all of us who have used these slimming coffees wanted to achieve our ideal weight the fastest way... but we are very much aware that after the weight loss, we should not be dependent on it...

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »
but come to think of it, if it's really just a coffee then it shouldn't have serious side effects and all the cardiovascular warnings on the label.

after all, nescafe and starbucks don't give such crazy warnings. LOL

babynadine

• GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2010, 07:53:51 PM »
@skye supplements , vitamins, and meds which are backed up by medical studies are ok. Problem is, those slimming coffees have NO research behind it - none, nada, zilch, zero.

If leisure 18 gets an ok from a respectable medical authority, i'll even help you sell, promise! :)

(I am for the safety and health of our sisses in GT. I promote proper diet and exercise. I am not selling anything. I have nothing to benefit unlike the sellers of sliimming coffee which may lose customers.)

feeling ko you're working for or a part owner of Gold's Gym / Fitness First / Slimmers World and you're losing a lot of profit with the rise of slimming coffees.

kahit na sabihin mo na vitamins and medicines are backed up by medical studies STILL IT IS CHEATING BECAUSE IT IS ALSO A SHORTCUT to get proper nutrition right?

Alam mo ba na kahit simple medicine like mga biogesic etc.. na in the long term if madami ka na naiinom na ganun may long term effect din sya sa body mo that can cause kidney failure? kasi finifilter sila lahat ng kidney natin.. so DAPAT NATURAL WAY DIN para gumaling tayo tama ba kahit pa na may back up pa yan ng medical studies?

@[textspeak!] ben there's no cardiovascular warnings on the label of fashion nature slimming coffee.. ms. skye just added it to her ads. you may check the box

babynadine

• GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2010, 08:03:57 PM »
but come to think of it, if it's really just a coffee then it shouldn't have serious side effects and all the cardiovascular warnings on the label.

after all, nescafe and starbucks don't give such crazy warnings. LOL

although nescafe and starbucks doesn't give such warnings STILL THEY ARE NOT GOOD FOR THE HEALTH OF THOSE WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE.

ellix

• Junior GirlTalker
  • free yourself.
    • earnonlinepinas
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2010, 06:42:17 AM »
whats wrong of taking sibutramine ba?
im taking reductrim (15mg sibutramine 50 caps P2200)
and I feel much better when i lost all the pounds.
and this is recommended to me by my doctor.

leslyn_blues

« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2010, 07:48:55 AM »
dapat pati sa philippines iban na din yan  >:(

parang ganito yan eh..

buyer: pabili po ng drugs
seller: saan mo gagamitin?
buyer: may problema kase ako eh para lang ma solve
seller: okay ilan?

gets?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 02:33:39 PM by FNMod_Tonette »

qt_ben17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2010, 10:19:33 AM »
whats wrong of taking sibutramine ba?
im taking reductrim (15mg sibutramine 50 caps P2200)
and I feel much better when i lost all the pounds.
and this is recommended to me by my doctor.

let's put it this way, we are advocates of healthy living and eating. a good figure is equated to hardwork.   

diet pills do work for a certain time, but the body is smarter so it tolerates and gets immune with the substance over time.

anyway, the real issue naman kasi is the unlisted substances in these slimming coffees.  who knows kung ano talaga laman niyan,  it might not be sibutramine at all, it might be mas matapang diba. that's the danger of it.

pearlrae

• GirlTalker
  • contented
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2010, 10:06:36 PM »
hey, sibutramine is used to cure obesity...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.