Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 29 AUG 14
Learn to laugh at yourself! Share embarrassing moments with your friends and giggle along with the rest of them.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: How to deal with this pain alone?  (Read 65433 times)

auane

• Senior GirlTalker
  • *whims and needs*
    • ptc sites
Re: How to deal with this pain alone?
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2010, 11:20:25 AM »
Kaya mo yan sis..naku, lalo ka magpaganda ;)
Patience:  A minor form of despair disguised as a virtue.  ~Ambrose Bierce

meldy17

• Probationary
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2010, 10:32:01 PM »
i know how it feels, sobrang sakit. pinagdadaanan ko din ngayon yan, wala akong masabihan. prayers lang talaga siguro

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 12:57:06 AM »
^ Same here. Nakakainis talaga kasi rationally, alam mo naman in your head na it's the best option in the long run, that something better can and will come along eventually. Hindi lang sumusunod ang emotions at impulses mo. Hurt ka pa rin even if you know better. :(

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2010, 06:08:57 AM »
Focus on yourself, sis. Walang mawawala if you love yourself more. :)
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2010, 02:12:47 PM »
This is something that I just learned recently that's been helping me...

Give yourself time to grieve BUT don't make a habit out of it. How? Cry for a measured number of minutes, like 10 minutes a day for example. I heard of this from a burn patient, what she does so she can cope. In that amount of time, POUR EVERYTHING OUT. Cry, cry, cry. Scream if you have to. But keep in mind that when time's up, you HAVE to get back up and begin HELPING YOURSELF. Life goes on.

My mistake with my last major break-up was that I wanted to skip the hard parts and get better ASAP. I didn't let myself really grieve so in the end, the healing process just became longer and harder. Just let it out THEN start again. :) Good luck.

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2010, 04:48:24 AM »
^Thanks for sharing, sis.
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

phurple0515

• your bitchy, sweety, ironic, down-to-earth (",)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2010, 08:23:24 AM »
^^ yes, sis, worked for me as well.  yong tipong lahat ng sakit at sama ng loob mo, ibuhos mo lahat sa iyak.  tignan mo, mga ilang araw lang, it will not be that painful na.  maaalala mo pa rin naman at maiiyak ka pag ganon, pero di na siya ganon kasakit.  hanggang dumating yong time, ikaw na mismo magsasabi, 'Pagod na ko umiyak!' :P

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2010, 09:26:24 AM »
^^ You're welcome :)

^ And yes, you're right! Nakakatawa nga, parang reverse psychology. The more you tell yourself "cry pa! let it out!" at some point magugulat ka na lang na wala ka nang mailabas. You're also right na in several days, you feel a lot less heavier. :)

x-y

• RN, Skin Care Enthusiast
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I am not a heroine but I save lives.
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 06:53:42 PM »
Same sitch. Just pray. God is always with you. :)

mimiku

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 08:01:27 PM »
We all went through the same sad situation. It's part of growing up.

Break-ups are messy. It's not easy to detach oneself from someone who was a big part of your life. Take time. Cry. Pray. Go out with your friends. If you let the pain remain in you, the burden will be much painful to bear. Let it out. Tell your story.

I went through the same process. It was painful but after a while I managed to get up.

Hoping for the best.
Sometimes Im terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts. Edgar Allan Poe

wannabelove

• Probationary
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 11:42:12 AM »
im a newbie.. just looking  for peeps kung saan pwede ko mailabas what im feeling right now.. Sana wag ako ijudge...
Im in pain now kasi finally nagawa ko nadin iwan totally yung bf ko.. And i know i made the right decision of leaving him coz he's already married with kids pa.. I love him soo much pero alam ko na mali, been with him for 1 year and medyo fresh pa break up ko kasi it happened kagabi lang.. Nung unang month palang i want to let go na pero lagi nya ako hinahabol, he told me that di sila ok ng wife nya.. Which nung una diko pinaniwalaan kaso shungak nga ako eh kaya kahit di ako naniniwala i still enter into an illicit affair.. He proved it to me naman.. He left he's family and nag rent sya ng apartment nya, pero umuuwi padin sya every saturday to be with the kids... hayyyy... sana maging masaya na sila now.. and i pray maging ok na sila uli ng wife nya.

ashleyhan

• GirlTalker
  • born to explore
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 12:11:59 PM »
Im in the same situation right now, except that yung samin is bawal na pag ibig. He chose the wife over me, of course and umasa ako cyempre...its very painful. We have plans and everything, i thought his love for me is enough to keep us together but i proved myself wrong. now I am miserable. i wanna talk to him, I wanna call him but how can i  move on if I keep our communication line open. What I would do is to go back to the philippines. though the ticket will be twice cheaper if I should wait for another month, I dont wanna take the risk of calling him, of if he calls me, i know I cannot resist. im willing to give up my job just to move on. Mahirap talaga ang mag move on sis... u have to do a lot of sacrifices... kung gano kadali  magmahal ganon namn kahirap makalimot.... I wish this would be the last [textspeak!] na masasaktan ako. I've already been through a lot of heartaches...sana maging matured na ko to face it this time. We'll pray together sis para sa heart aches natin. Good luck to both of us

wannabelove

• Probationary
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 12:44:43 PM »
sis bawal na pag ibig din naman samin eh.. Kahit ano pa reason, may asawa padin sya at mga anak.. So im still the spare tire.. Yeah he keeps on telling me that he will always choose me.. Even over his kids daw, basta ill promise na di ako tututol if susuportahan padin nya.. But still di ko padin kaya, kasi ano man mangyari I still cannot have him whole.. May kahati padin.. I want a man na pwede ko masabing sa akin yung hindi ako nang agaw lang.. Kaya even if I love him I still choose to let him go.. Sabi ko pag naayos na nya yung buhay nya.. As in everything is in order na, malay nya im still here waiting.. :(
Kaya sis let go.. Mas more ka dapat mag let go.. kasi he already chose he's wife.. Left alone kana.. Be strong.. kaya mo yan..

menice

• GUYTalker =)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tahimik at mabait.. period!
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 04:44:06 PM »
yun lang.. you don't have to start all over again, kung nasaktan ka. learn to stand up after your big fall. ikaw din naman ang pumasok don so you must know the consequences, not all relationships have happy endings, we should learn how to accept and move on.

If you are still dwelling on what you have left yesterday. Just Remember, Past is past. Don't let the past interfere with what you have at present. It's your new chapter.

phurple0515

• Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 04:55:23 PM »
^ yes, tama.  Past is past.  If it's meant to be naman, kahit ano mangyari, kayo pa rin e.  Pero, pag hindi na, at talagang hindi na pwede mangyari, tama na.  Masakit pero move on.

menice

• GUYTalker =)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tahimik at mabait.. period!
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 04:58:36 PM »
^ di mo rin pede na kung kayo kayo talaga. kung walang pupukol walang bubukol tama? so kung walang gagawa ng effort to make the relationship work again. walang mangyayare. walang kayo.

phurple0515

• Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 05:05:51 PM »
^ pero would you care to say na walang uukol kung walang bubukol sa case nila sis ashleyhan?  siguro, mas safe sabihin na its a case to case basis talaga...

basta mga sis, kaya natin yan.  women are emotionally stronger than men.  I remember a powerpoint presentation on woman and the reasons why we are stronger esp. emotionally :P
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:08:32 PM by phurple0515 »

wannabelove

• Probationary
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 01:17:06 PM »
^ tnx sis... Im slowly moving on.. As much as possible i dont wanna look back kasi baka magstop uli eh.. really decided to let go..
hope sis ashleyhan, will have the strenght to move on na din..

anir

• I'm a smoker, melancholic, loner, painter, geek, executive secretary and a full time
  • GirlTalker
  • the woman... beyond the usual
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:53 PM »
yeah it is difficult... but first you have to accept the pain... you just can't run away from it... 'coz sooner or later you'll have to deal with it...

it's ok to cry, kahit magwala ka pa, what is important is that you have an outlet of emotions, wag mo itago mas mahirap yon...

it's better if you deal with pain with someone, like a friend or relative... It will be much easier...

but since you choose to deal with it alone... you need to be very busy... do want you want... change your daily routine into something new... go shopping, food trip, movie marathon (except romantic movies), jogging, learn a new sport... anything to keep you busy...

time will come that you will be ok na... and you'll realized that being single brings a lot of advantages... LOL  :) :) :)
woman with no regrets...

ashleyhan

• GirlTalker
  • born to explore
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2010, 11:30:02 AM »
sis wannabelove grabe ang hirap ng pinasok ko. i love him so much. now ang promise nya eh magmove out na cya sa bahay nila ng asawa nya but the fact that magkikita pa rin sila everyday because of the kids, its killing me. di ko na nga alam, lagi nya sinasabi na ako pinili nya, na inaassume ko lang daw na pinipili nya yung aswa nya, pero bat ganon ang hirap pa din mag move on. sana there's an easy way out noh? pipilitin ko na talga mag move on. thank u sis

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.