Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 19 DEC 14
Want to look and feel beautiful? Spritz on a sexy scent on your pulse points for an instant confidence boost.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Birthday Party in SchoolÜ  (Read 65893 times)

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Birthday Party in SchoolÜ
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2010, 02:13:24 PM »
thanks nikz! re shakey's, if i remember correctly, they serve bunch of lunch in a small pizza boxes.

dec_girl

• Ooops! The rumor is true, I am a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Hardworking Mom and Wife
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2010, 05:08:08 PM »
^right sis, they serve bunch of lunch in a box. this is what we served nung bday celebration ng son ko nung nasa nursery school siya.

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2010, 09:37:48 PM »
For my kids' birthday party in school, I prepared spaghetti Bolognese and cocktail hotdog balls + mallow on cocktail toothpicks.  Fruit juice too. The kids really liked my spaghetti!  There were no left-overs for the teachers, kakahiya!   I ordered mini-chocolate cupcakes with sprinkles and a blowing cake from Shoppersville.  However, the kids did not get to eat those since they were full and I left the box of cupcakes for the teachers and staff.  The butter cake of Shoppersville was so delish. ;)

As a token in lieu of a loot bag, we gave each kid a FIFA World Cup bendable action figure.

As "entertainment" for the kids, my husband prepared a slideshow presentation showing my twins' pictures from birth to present.

This was my kids' first time to hold a school party and it was truly memorable.  I loved seeing the happy faces of my children's classmates.  My kids also felt so happy to see their mommy and daddy in school and they reveled in being the center of attention.  Priceless!

prettysummer

• GirlTalker
  • a baking enthusiast and a certified girltalker!
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2010, 09:25:16 PM »
My son will be 8yrs. old na this coming Aug. 23, Monday...
plan ko na magbirthday siya sa school... I'm the one who will cook for them since konti lang naman sila 22 (pupils) I'll make it na lang 30 para kasama na rin mga teachers nya.

TIME: 10:45am (lunch time nila)
MENU:
- Macaroni Spaghetti (since mas madali sya kainin ng mga bata compared sa typical na spaghetti pasta)
- Chicken Fingers
- Mini Burgers
- Hotdog and marshmallows
- Bottled Juice

Cupcake as souvenir (individually packed)

1hour ang allotted time ng school nila,
so pwede pa siguro ako magpagames para mas masaya ang mga kids... gusto ko sana mas marami participants...

Note: sa tingin nyo mga sis, kulang pa ba yung food nila? dapat ba may rice?

Any inputs? Thanks in advance =)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 09:19:58 AM »
^ Sis, for me enough na ang food. :)

bluekaren780

• an EVENTS PLANNER and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Thank You Lord For Everything!
    • Dynamic Impact Events Management
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 10:52:42 AM »
agree ako kay Marose, baka nga di pa maubos yan lahat since food pa rin ang souvenir mo...  at i-take home na lang yung iba...

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

... i am no angel, i just know how to pay it forward...

... i am beautiful, but it doesn't mean that i am perfect...

princessmia08

• struggling student of life, Miakka's biggest fan :), and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • loves F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and Hi-5 :)
    • .*.Confessions of A Danceaholic.*.
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 09:40:38 PM »
Almost done with our preps for the school party :) All in all, I'm allotting 20k for this.

Theme: Toy Story 3

Invitation: Melisse of Perfect Pixels (although sa October pa hehe)

Food: Will just order bunch of lunch sa Shakey's for 20pax (15 kids, 2 teachers, 2 guards, plus extra yung isa)

Cake and Cupcakes plus Cookie Pops/ Lollies: Veronica of Les Sucreries. :)

Loots: c/o Toylandia. Basically personalized shirts for all kids, toy soldiers and buzz and woody figures for the boys; mini dolls and dollhouses for the girls. Plus all students and teachers will have cupcakes and cookie pops.

Now, am still thinking na lang how to make it extra special pa :) Bawal kasi any form of entertainment (yata, not sure)

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 09:59:02 PM »
^nikz, im having a cupcake decorating activity for sofia's school party since games/entertainment are not allowed

aleng_maganda

• Senior GirlTalker
  • SAHM! and i love it...
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 10:56:13 PM »

my son will also celebrate his 4th bday sa school nya...

food: jollibee - chicken spaghetti meal
   cakes and cupcakes - ana baluyot since malapit lang sa cambridge.
   giveaways - directors chair

then will have a take out party sa house... i will be sending our relatives, friends and neighbors meryenda, kami lang mag luluto spaghetti, chicken, cupcakes and yung give away na directors chair for the kids. kontrabida kasi si hubby dapat party talaga plan ko.
"Life is not as perfect as i wanted it to be BUT i am completely HAPPY!"

sexyladyyy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2010, 07:18:28 AM »
^nikz, im having a cupcake decorating activity for sofia's school party since games/entertainment are not allowed

sis, baka naman may marecommend ka pang ibang activity for school? kasi may gumawa na ng cake decorating activity last month and my daughter will celebrate her 3rd birthday in aug and she wants toy story themed party :)

thanks sis!

bluekaren780

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2010, 01:11:12 PM »
^ Arts and crafts...

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

sexyladyyy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 07:59:22 PM »
^ oh thanks sis for the reply. Hmmmmm....any specifics on that activity? sorry ha im not really a creative thinker :(

chellesunshine

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 08:05:56 PM »
thanks nikz! re shakey's, if i remember correctly, they serve bunch of lunch in a small pizza boxes.

how much po ito and pwede padeliver on the day ng bdy party?

bluekaren780

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2010, 10:12:57 PM »
^ oh thanks sis for the reply. Hmmmmm....any specifics on that activity? sorry ha im not really a creative thinker :(

i strongly suggest you ask for their teacher's help on this since siya yung nakaka-alam kung saan magi-enjoy ang majority of them based on their daily activities.

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

quixotic

• Junior GirlTalker
  • mom of 2 adorable kids :)
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2010, 08:23:47 PM »
I am so excited for my nephew's upcoming school party. Its his 1st time too! He's in Grade 1 and he's turning 6. His classmates' age ranges from 7 to 8.

Food - Spaghetti Bolognese, Grilled Hotdogs with Mallows, Fried Chicken, Chocolate lazy cake, bottled water.

Giveaways - I was thinking to give out storage boxes filled with food items and maybe throw a couple of toys inside. For the teachers siguro OK na din tumbler - something they can use din, di ba?

My sister is insisting that each child gets a mylar balloon. Sabi ko huwag na and focus on the giveaways na lang. And instead of balloons I told her its cheaper pa nga if we add an activity like cupcake decorating or cookie decorating. Will need supplier for cupcake decorating activity, help please.

Cake - It would be nice if 1 supplier na lang ito and the activity. I wanted Sweet Success sana + cookie decorating activity but my sister isn't convinced yet. Mas in favor siya sa cupcake decorating.

Invites - I will try to get it for free from Kathleen dela Merced of Hi 5 Parties. Day before of the school party is my nephew's party with friends & relatives so ipa-edit ko na lang. Was thinking of getting it from Perfect Pixels too, I saw what she did for Marose's twins and I super liked it :)

The theme by the way is around the world/wonders of the world. I wanted to focus on Pyramid of Giza and Eiffel Tower since these are his favorites. We'll see...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:01:20 PM by quixotic »

$ale... seeker!

• Super GirlTalker
  • A delighted wife since 2002 + proud momy of M&C!
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2010, 08:53:33 PM »
for those who cooked the food lang... do you have any special serving suggestions? should i buy plates and let them get on their own? i am also thinking of cooking pasta + a few finger foods lang! TIA
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

Our Eat Dates!Ü
Bambino® Phils

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2010, 08:57:18 PM »
joefe, check marta's cakes. they have packages which includes both cupcake and cookie decorating activities.

re balloons, some schools do not allow it. lalo na those with sticks since kids can get rowdy. they want to avoid accidents.

eens, ask the school's policy. with sofia's, they asked that the food be placed on separate containers so in case there are leftovers. make sure lang din daw na that serving is just enough for the kid.

$ale... seeker!

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2010, 09:06:13 PM »
^ i see! what did you use als? thanks
ok na kaya yung microwaveable?

want to make some shanghai rolls sana but hindi bagay ka-pair ng pasta... :-[

Our Eat Dates!Ü
Bambino® Phils

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2010, 09:18:01 PM »
i'll be using microwaveable container for the pasta. then for the chicken fingers and cheese sticks, i'll place them in strawberry shortcake boxes i ordered from amazon.

instead of shanghai rolls, why dont you try making vegetable cheese sticks/rolls. similar to lumpia but i place cheese with chopped asparagus and carrots. you can add any veggies that goes with cheese  ;)

$ale... seeker!

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
^ where will you order your chicken fingers & cheese sticks?

Our Eat Dates!Ü
Bambino® Phils

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.