Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 19 APR 14
Is your beauty bag too bulky? Invest in lip-cheek-and-eye tints which are all-in-one kikay kits—no packing required!
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Birthday Party in SchoolÜ  (Read 55821 times)

leslee_santos

• GirlTalker
  • Working MomÃœ
Birthday Party in SchoolÜ
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:06:37 pm »
Hi :) my son will be in school na this june and im excited just like before with my 1st born to prepare for his bday on november ;D

Can you suggest a party theme, food, souvenirs for the kids & teachers, etc.,  :)

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Birthday Party in SchoolÜ
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 02:43:10 pm »
sis check first with the teachers on how long is the allotted time.

for my daughter's school party in July, 30 mins lang ang allowed time. so most likely kainan lang. for the activity, im planning to get a cookie or cupcake decorating activity.

for food, im thinking of ordering set meals from conti's (pasta, chicken, brownies).

for giveaways, im scouting for a utility box supplier. then i'll just place candies, coloring books, crayons, etc

giveaways for teachers will be mini cakes

theme will be strawberry shortcake

leslee_santos

• GirlTalker
  • Working MomÃœ
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 05:35:00 pm »
do you also give the class an invitation?Ü

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 06:05:55 pm »
^most likely yes. just to inform the parents no need to prepare baon for the kids that day.

and oh, my daughter requested for balloons. so i'll prepare mini pillars na lang with some mylar toppers. 1 or 2 pcs will do.

i'm not making too much fuss about the party since as per the teacher there are only max of 10 kids in the class
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 08:31:04 am by hunny_ally »

chellesunshine

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 11:53:10 am »
my daughter will also elebrate her birthday sa skul niya, siya mismo nagrequest sa amin,kinder 1 siya this coming June,,
how much ba budget sa ganitong party sa school??
parang sawa na sa McDo at Jollibee foods ang mga bata sa birthday party ah,,suggest naman saan pwede pa mag-paorder for 12 students 2 teachers and 2 assistants and for their yayas na rin,,thanks

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:10:41 pm »
^i'm allotting 10k that includes cake, balloons, lootbags, food, cookie decorating kit and her dress.

re food, meron ang conti's na nasa Php180/head. if it's too much, you can try other fastfood like kfc (chicken and spag) and shakey's/pizza hut (chicken, spag and pizza slice)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 02:31:58 pm »
I want to have a separate school party for my kids too.  It's going to be really simple since the school will not allow anything ostentatious.  One pasta+1 dish only and dessert plus a simple loot bag.  I'm thinking of cooking spaghetti bolognese and preparing cocktail hotdog+marshmallow on a stick.  We'll serve fruit juice.  I will order a simple blowing cake and cupcakes from Shoppersville since that's the most convenient and nearest baker sa school ng kids ko. :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:34:37 pm by marose17 »

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 03:09:25 pm »
^that's a good idea the hotdog & marshmallows. I'm also thinking of preparing food since it will only be for 15 pax max. Para cheaper. Lol. I'm thinking pasta, chicken fingers plus fries.

bluekaren780

• an EVENTS PLANNER and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Thank You Lord For Everything!
    • Dynamic Impact Events Management
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 11:46:31 am »
parang gusto ko rin ito.. Jade's school is super duper near 9 waves resort... as in same street... he-he... parang gusto ko sana after school, dun na ang diretso ng mga classmates niya.. morning kasi sila eh...

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

... i am no angel, i just know how to pay it forward...

... i am beautiful, but it doesn't mean that i am perfect...

pompz

• Senior GirlTalker
    • http://lmtf.lilypie.com/LepQp8.png
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2010, 07:45:05 am »
ako naman june 14 ang birthday ng youngest ko, sabi ko before sa school na lang sya mag birthday, kasi madalas puro matanda ang umaatend, while sa school puro sila bata, kaso nga tight ako sa budget dahil nga enrollment, so isip ko, ako na lang prepare ng food for kids like fried chicken, spag and hotdog on stickl, then tetra pack na juices, June 15 pasukan nila, so di ko pa alam gano kadaming kids, pwede ko naman sigurong gawin ng friday dba? para makapag ayus pa ako lootbag

momai

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 08:31:20 am »
tamang tama ang topic na ito ngayon kasi inaayos ko yung birthday ng pamangkin ko. ang birthday niya talaga ay june 8, ang target naming party date ay sa friday dapat, kaya lang na-move ang opening ng classes sa school niya so sa june 16 na lang namin gagawin. ang binigay na time sa kanya ay 10:301m-12:30pm. ang activity na gagawin nila ay yung cupcake decorating activity. kumuha kami ng cupcakes na good for 35 kids. mahilig kasi magluto yung pamangkin ko so yun ang napili namin.

ang food naman, ay mag-order lang kami sa MIL ko, ang food ng kids ay spaghetti, mini burger ang hotdog with marshmallow plus juice. sa mga teachers naman, 2 ulam (roastbeef and chicken fillet) and rice plus juice.
If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy....

juicy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2010, 01:23:55 pm »
join din ako dito. :)
Signature edited.

bluekaren780

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2010, 03:35:59 pm »
pompz... ay ang cute, magkalapit sila ng bday ni Jade... mas ok nga kung Friday kasi di ba more often than not, PE day na nila yan? 

momai.. ok yan, girl.. educational pa rin ang dating.. he-he..

juicy.. join lang ng join..

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

bluekaren780

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2010, 02:14:28 pm »
Just finished ours this morning... Been planning this pero nag-stay lang sa mind ko yung plan due to our busy schedules... it was only last Monday night, on our way home that we have realized na super duper lapit na yung birthday ni Jade.

Just the same, we know naman talaga what Jade wants - to have a chance to spend time with us and the rest of the family in any resort.  Need not to be in a very far place.  Basta may swimming pool, masaya na yun.  So we have agreed to have our dinner and spend a few hours in a nearby resort.  Di naman kami mago-overnight... Night swimming lang talaga.  Kaya lang parang bitin kung ganun lang.  He-he. 

And so, i woke up early yesterday just to work on a simple invites.... parang note nga lang eh... ha-ha... had it printed on a plain bond paper lang and tried to be earlier than the usual time of fetching Jade from school.  My motive is to be able to request one of her teachers to attach the note sa handbook nila.  Ibinilin ko rin na pati si Jade, lagyan para di niya mahalata.  At para di magkaroon ng chance ang mga kids na basahin yung note, itinaon ng teacher niya na may activity and collected their handbooks.  Siya na rin ang nagpasok sa bag nito one by one. 

The note says,

"Dear parents: 

We are the proud parents of your child's classmate, (full name ni Jade) and we are very happy to inform you that she is turning 6 tomorrow. 

She's very much aware of the occasion, but totally no idea of what's in store for her tomorrow.  And part of it is a simple surprise celebration inside their classroom which will be done during their break time only.

If your child loves Mc Donald food items, no need to prepare snacks for their recess as we have chosen them to provide a meal for the entire class.  Rest assured as well that we won't be serving sodas.

We got one request though - a confirmation that this note has reached you. Kindly send your acknowledgement at (cellphone number), together with your child's name. This will also serve as our guideline for the headcount. 

Your cooperation will be very much appreciated.  Thank you very much.  God bless!

Sincerely yours,

(our names)"

And i'm so happy kasi lahat talaga sila, nag-respond sa note ko.  Ang galing!  He-he.  So before we went to bed last night, may final headcount na ako. 

Hanggang kaninang umaga, wala talaga siyang idea.  Nagtaka na wala siyang baon pero when i told her na maaga akong pupunta at dadalhan ko siya ng hopia from Goldilocks, na-excite na siya (it's her favorite). 

Kahapon pa lang, um-order na ako sa mc do ng food.  I ordered for Burger Mc Do Meal with Funchum doy packed juice (instead of coke), Spaghetti Ala Carte, 6-pcs Chicken Nuggets Ala Carte and the Coca cola Contour Glass as her give away.  Which we picked up na lang from the store as early as 8:15am kanina.  Have learned na mas mahal pala ang bawat food item pag ipina-deliver.  Wala lang.  He-he.  Sayang din.  Madadaanan din naman yung store kasi before makarating sa school nila.

Pics can be found here -> http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=14143&id=100000372821572

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

momai

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2010, 03:42:14 pm »
^ ang cute nung gimik na si teacher ang naglagay sa notebook para makit ang classmates ni jade. siguro sobrang natuwa si jade sa birthday niya. hindi ko pa makit anag pics kasi naka-block pa ang facebook dito sa office.

update din, kanina yung celebration ng pamangkin ko sa school niya. sobrang nag-enjoy daw siya pati ang classmates nita. alam ko mga 20 lang sila sa classroom tapos 35 yung order naming cupcakes. sabi ng sister ko, kulang pa daw at tinanong pa daw siya kung may cupcakes pa. im so happy kasi nag-enjoy sila.

If you want to feel rich, just count all the things you have that money can't buy....

bluekaren780

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2010, 06:45:18 pm »
^ Thank you.  He-he.  Natulala nga for a few seconds tapos muntik nang maluha kung di lang namin binati.  He-he.  Nakakatuwa pa kasi we were joined by my mother and a few mothers din ng mga classmates niya na ka-close niya.

At present, we are just waiting for some of her young uncles and aunties as we are off to a resort nearby for a night swimming.  Part pa rin ng birthday celebration niya.  Yun pa rin ang subject ng kuwentuhan nila dito.  He-he.  Yung cake, ayaw pang hatiin.  Ha-ha.  Nakakatuwa lang kasi simple lang naman yung cake pero for her, special siya kasi part siya ng surprise celebration niya kanina.

Yesterday, we thought of having cupcakes din as part of give aways kaya lang puro na lang food.  He-he.  Iniwasan na rin namin magbigay ng lootbags with toys kasi baka ma-tempt silang paglaruan na agad yung toys after their break eh kami pa ang mapagalitan. 

And ang unexpected na nakakakatuwa, despite of our late announcement, nakapag-prepare pa rin most of them ng gifts.  He-he.  Ang cute.  Sila naman, 16 lang sa classroom. 

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »
Hi :) my son will be in school na this june and im excited just like before with my 1st born to prepare for his bday on november ;D

Can you suggest a party theme, food, souvenirs for the kids & teachers, etc.,  :)

Schools now, if they do allow bday parties, encourage simple celebrations.  So express the theme (whatever your kid is crazy about these days) just on the cake and perhaps the paper plates and glasses.   

Schools nowadays they just want you to bring max 2 kinds of food and a drink.  They discourages give aways and balloons.

Check with your school.

bluekaren780

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2010, 07:09:42 am »
I agree... before doing a planning, check with your school first.  They usually have rules on this.

Ondoy Survivor Ako!

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2010, 01:23:51 pm »
i got inspired with emie's love letter for the parents so i also prepared a simple invitation that my daughter can distribute a day before her class party. i included a small note to the parents to inform me if their kid has any special dietary requirements (baka kasi may allergic to chicken or whatnot).

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 02:11:21 pm by hunny_ally »

princessmia08

• struggling student of life, Miakka's biggest fan :), and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • loves F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and Hi-5 :)
    • .*.Confessions of A Danceaholic.*.
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2010, 01:42:00 pm »
Ang cute Als :) and nice party Emie :)

Am planning Miakka's 4th din. If hindi ako makakita ng matinong venue, I will just let her celebrate her party at school. :( Pero if yes, then I will probably invite her classmates :)

If school party, ayaw ng school ng styro. So hindi ko alam pano ako mag oorder sa Shakey's ng bunch of lunch na lang sana. :(

For cake, I'll probably prepare cupcakes then souvenirs lang for the kids.

But am still hoping na makahanap ako ng matinong venue para isang party lang :(

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
FN's Top 10 SPF Beauty Picks for Summer 2014
These babies are mighty protectors from the sun's harmful UV rays.
5 Ways to Reflect and Meditate When You’re Time-Bound
Whether you have five minutes or five days, a breather from all the deadlines and meetings will do you good.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!