Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 19 DEC 14
Want to look and feel beautiful? Spritz on a sexy scent on your pulse points for an instant confidence boost.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Rules on Leave of Absence  (Read 3317 times)

miss resilient

• Now a wife, a daughter and a mom.
  • Super GirlTalker
Rules on Leave of Absence
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:36:38 PM »
In the company i am working for, accumulated ang leave namin. in the past, 25 alloted leave ang binibigay nila pagkasimula ng taon. BUT NOW, they decided to give it pag nakumpleto mo ang isang taon. confusing? halimbawa, hindi ka nagleave in the past five months, saka mo lang i e earn ang leave up to that period of month. so pag nagresign ka, wala kang makukuha na back pay. walang CBA sa company namin..you think legal ito? i want to contact DOLE about this kaso i am too busy pa at this time.  ::)

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Rules on Leave of Absence
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 03:44:51 PM »
this might help you in a way - chapter 3, article 95.

labor code

dunno if there are other laws that apply, though.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 03:51:28 PM »
Technically,  the company is not doing anything wrong. 
The 25 days are still there, and the policy of  its paying for unused leaves remains.
What has changed is the administration of the leaves, or the timing thereof.

So it is not a clear cut violation.   
Madali  ma justify.. sabihin lang nila it is in the interest of orderly leave administration in the interest of orderly operations blah blah blah... and tadah!!!  they will whip out that Employment Contract with the Fine Print you signed conforme to ... that you accept Company changes of etc etc etc 
No benefit was removed, technically.  Na postpone lang pag use mo or pag cash- in mo.

miss resilient

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »
^tama nga kayo doon ms aquacharly...shempre kung anong churva na ang idadahilan nila...ngayon..may bagong naisip na naman sila sa company policy..hrmpf >:(

gelize

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
hi good morning to all... i just want to ask kung  ilan ba talaga ng legal na leave of absence?...kasi sa kompanyang pinapasukan ko 7 sick leave and 7 vacation leave lang... as in yun lang... 

wait ko po ang inyong reply... thanks in advance...

agape

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 04:33:14 PM »
I got this message:

Hi Team! For those who were absent from August 6-9 or any absence within those days,
sanction/s will be waived if you have a certificate (from barangay, police or any certificate) that your area has been affected by the flood.

What can you say about it? What does DOLE say? What did the NEWS and Government say during this week that we have been affected by HAIKUI Habagat?
Integrity, Ethics, Etiquette...

purple_girl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 01:28:39 AM »
^hmm... i think yung august 7 pwedeng i-contest sa company and report sa DOLE since declared ng malacanang na walng pasok nun. as for the other days, not sure lang, since hindi naman declared na walang pasok nun. i guess may right ang company to decide for those days.

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 01:33:43 AM »
In fairness sa company namin, file ka lang ng leave of absence dun sa 2 pang magkasunod na days after ng Habagat,  oks na. No need to provide proof kung talagang baha pa sa inyo or what. Ika nga konsensya na lang. Wag lang magpo-posts sa FB na nag hahappy-happy ka lang pala.
Very understanding naman yung company namin dito sa Habagat crisis.

purple_girl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 01:37:57 AM »
^same in our company sis. very lucky tayo, but maraming companies kasi ang not as understanding. sa amin naman, those who can work or are critical resources can work from home, pag hindi talaga kayang makapag-work, file lang ng EL.

k_heart

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 01:44:10 AM »
^oo nga sis.mAhigpit yata sila sa mga call centers (BPO?) at mga malls. Although ako pumasok na agad last Thursday. Hirap din kasi matambakan ng work.Nataon pang midyear budget review namin.

Agree sa August 7, pwede sya talagang icontest at isumbong. Napaka-heartless naman ng mga kompanyang yan.

miss resilient

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 12:22:11 PM »
hahaha so ironic..

kasi sa work ko ngayon..ako ang nag pe preaaprove ng leave!  :D :D

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.