Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 28 JUL 14
Skip drinking at the bar and go on a day trip with your barkada--it's the healthier and more adventurous option!
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: IELTS / TOEFL  (Read 25220 times)

kachich

• gets twitterpated with cute subtle flirts!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • i ♥ silly jokes that give good laughs!
Re: IELTS / TOEFL
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2012, 11:43:39 AM »
grabe kinabahan ako sa results ng ielts ko (acad module, taken nov 17) thank God I got the required minimum score:
L: 8.5, R:8.5, W:6.0, S:7.0

I'm really really grateful kasi sobrang palpak ako when it comes to writing and speaking, hirap ako to gather thoughts lalo na to make a sentence and a paragraph out of them.
"The secret of success is the consistency to pursue." -Harry F. Banks

I ♥ watching tv series, travelling and lurking in forums. I might not be able to contribute with the discussion, but at least I get to learn something from it.

kachich

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2012, 11:48:35 AM »
mga sis, try to download cambridge ielts 4-8, yun ang pinractice ko, plus i also tried the 3-5-5-5-3 or 3-7-7-3 essay writing format. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna retake the exam pag working visa na aapplyan ko. :) btw, mga 1-2weeks na self review lang po yan focusing on listening, reading and writing.

I ♥ watching tv series, travelling and lurking in forums. I might not be able to contribute with the discussion, but at least I get to learn something from it.

roxykarlo

• mom of miguel and a certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • God is good all the time.
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
^self-review ka sis? congrats! ako namomoroblema, general module lang naman sakin eh. hay sana i, too can get the required scores. :o
bones strikes back!

kachich

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2012, 03:52:09 PM »
yes, self review. nagpilit ako 2 hours per day. sa writing talaga hirap ako mag isip ng isusulat kahit may topic.

eischied_21

• is happy to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2012, 05:01:36 PM »
mga sis, try to download cambridge ielts 4-8, yun ang pinractice ko, plus i also tried the 3-5-5-5-3 or 3-7-7-3 essay writing format. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna retake the exam pag working visa na aapplyan ko. :) btw, mga 1-2weeks na self review lang po yan focusing on listening, reading and writing.

congrats! galing..buti ka pa tapos na. In Writing (esssay) part, which one did you use - 3773 or 35553 layout? This is also what I'm going to follow in my Writing essay part. Pero mas nadadalian kasi ako sa 3773.

kachich

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »
^I messed up with writing. I tried doing the 3773 but I couldn't get 7 sentences for the disadvantages and advantages of the topic. Depende siguro sa topic? Pero true, mas OK ang 3773. Goodluck sis!

eischied_21

• is happy to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2012, 09:49:09 PM »
^ sorry to hear that pero at least taas ng obs mo.

may question ako about 3773 baka may idea ka.. Sa 3773 layout after ng introduction,  ano ba content ng 2nd paragraph? For or against/adv or disadvantage ba? May rule ba dun kun ano kelangan unahin. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 09:56:08 PM by eischied_21 »

kachich

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2012, 10:41:47 PM »
No rule naman. ikaw bahala kung ano uunahin mo.

Ito pala ginamit ko website: writefix.com

nagenjoy ako masyado sa reading and listening kaya no time na with writing talaga. Best of luck sis!

eischied_21

• is happy to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2012, 11:07:19 PM »
^ yes, writefix.com din ako nagrefer kaya nalaman ko yun layout. Thank sis.

Goodluck to other sisses here who will take the exam. :)

IamDindin

• GirlTalker
  • Baby on board! :)
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »
grabe kinabahan ako sa results ng ielts ko (acad module, taken nov 17) thank God I got the required minimum score:
L: 8.5, R:8.5, W:6.0, S:7.0

I'm really really grateful kasi sobrang palpak ako when it comes to writing and speaking, hirap ako to gather thoughts lalo na to make a sentence and a paragraph out of them.

Congrats sis kachich! Taas ng nakuha mong score :)  I just took the exam on Dec 1 and I am on the agony stage until December 14. Whew! :)

snowyice

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #150 on: December 03, 2012, 11:36:42 AM »
@kachich san ka nagdownload ng cambridge baka pwede naman pa pm ng link.  Congrats sis!  U made it!

jessiej199091

• GirlTalker
« Reply #151 on: December 14, 2012, 04:25:37 PM »
hi mga sis! i receieved ielts results on may 2012. unfortunately, naisubmit ko sya sa canada ng hindi ako nakakapag photocopy.  >:(

ngayon, hinihingan ako ng copy of ielts result for submission sa cio. pwede kaya ako makakuha ng copy sa idp office nila?

glacy_rein

• me, myself, and i
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I am the author of my life.
« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »
^once langbata sis.. Sila pa yata magpapadala sa inapplyan mo. Try to ask. :)
I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I've been hurt but I'm alive. I'm human, I'm not perfect but I'm thankful.

zee87

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #153 on: January 12, 2013, 03:57:13 AM »
i purchase an ensogo voucher for 9.0 Niner IELTS review.
Baka po may suggestion kayo kung sang branch ng 9.0 Niners maganda ang turo or ok yung facilities.

Miss Charcoal

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2013, 11:18:06 PM »
Hello :) May naka experience napo ba mag TOEFL?

Mostly IELTS experience andito. :P

deity17

• GirlTalker
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2013, 10:13:40 AM »
will take ielts din this feb, kinda nervous coz i'm really bad when it comes to writing  :(

RuChe

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2013, 02:49:01 PM »
Just allot enough time for your review and practices in writing. That's what I did. Mas nag allot ako ng time sa writing since medyo mahina ako dun and it paid off naman. :)

Madness

• GirlTalker
« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2013, 05:50:55 AM »
Hi, sissies.

Currently availed of Pinoy Great Deals' Crash course review for Niners.

Check this link for more details: http://pinoygreatdeals.com/deals/pgdenglishreview

At first, I don't want to take reviewer course/crash course sana for IELTS, but can't hurt for you to be extra prepared for this exam. Afterall, it's Php 8,640 so might as well paghandaan na rin :))

I will take my IELTS this April.

kachich

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »
Goodluck Madness! Hope you'll be able to get your required band scores! :)

rave21lala

• Certified
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #159 on: February 19, 2013, 01:44:45 PM »
bakit ngtaas na ng fee sa british council?
This girl is on fire!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.