Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 29 NOV 14
Want to give your home a makeover? Save money (and the earth) by refinishing or repainting old furniture!
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Why Cant I Get What I Want???  (Read 10800 times)

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
Why Cant I Get What I Want???
« on: May 14, 2010, 12:53:30 AM »
Im definitely not happy.  >:(

Bakit ganito? Im single now and i should be having fun. May mga gusto ako, ayaw naman sa akin. Yung nagkakagusto sa akin ay mga OLDER guys at mga race na ayaw ko (pls dont call me racist).  Bakit ganito na lang palagi...

Kung may mga type naman ako na ka-age ko at guwapo, hindi naman magka-jive yong priorities namin. They are in the 30s pero clubbing pa rin ang gusto at may mga wanderlust pa.

There's this guy na he wants to climb Mt Everest or something. Merong isang guy na every weekend yata he goes on a trip somewhere. Merong isa na masyadong puno ang social calendar by playing squash, polo, gym.

Bakit ganun? Masyadong active ang lifestyle nila? Wala na bang guys na gusto mag-stay na lang sa house na bata pa?  :(
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

yujin

• Guy Talker
  • GirlTalker
Re: Why Cant I Get What I Want???
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 10:23:34 AM »
marami naman diyan. just wait lang.
maybe its not yet time for you to enter sa relationship.
were both single but and i enjoy it. having fun with my friends kahit tambay lang.
sabi nga nila "don't waste your time on the person who don't want to waste their time on you" :)
love or lust

young_maiden

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »

Bakit ganito? Im single now and i should be having fun. May mga gusto ako, ayaw naman sa akin. Yung nagkakagusto sa akin ay mga OLDER guys at mga race na ayaw ko (pls dont call me racist).  Bakit ganito na lang palagi...

Kung may mga type naman ako na ka-age ko at guwapo, hindi naman magka-jive yong priorities namin. They are in the 30s pero clubbing pa rin ang gusto at may mga wanderlust pa.

There's this guy na he wants to climb Mt Everest or something. Merong isang guy na every weekend yata he goes on a trip somewhere. Merong isa na masyadong puno ang social calendar by playing squash, polo, gym.

Bakit ganun? Masyadong active ang lifestyle nila? Wala na bang guys na gusto mag-stay na lang sa house na bata pa?  :(

pareho lang tayo. di ko rin nakukuha gusto ko. pag may nagkakagusto sa akin, di ko naman gusto o nangtitrip lang sila. hindi relationship ang habol kundi flings lang o gagawin lang akong number 2. pag may gusto naman ako, iba naman ang nagugustuhan. nakakainis.
BE STRONG.

purple_maye

• Probationary
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 02:01:26 PM »
^^maybe they are not the right person for you.. Ganun naman talaga eh. at least, at the first palang alam na natin dba na un lang ang gusto nila so if ever na magyayakad for a date mas mabuti may options kau.. If fling lang ang gusto FINE wag lang involve feelings kasi mas masakit un eh..

xxpetitexx

• Virtual Assistant and A Clever
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • clever and straightforward
    • The Chapters
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 07:28:34 PM »
di pwede ang fling saken  ;D ... kasi always serious ako sa relationship.
"The clearer vision of what you seek, the closer you are to finding it"

trizh

• aiming high :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 07:31:08 PM »
 -- sis wait ka lang, may dadating din sa iyo.. sa ngayon, enjoy mo muna yung pagiging single mo. wag kang mag focus sa sadness na nararamdaman mo.
Learn to wait for the perfect time so that you may discover that all pain found in waiting has a magnificent and awesome purpose ϋ

purple_maye

• Probationary
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 01:15:28 PM »
trizh is truly correct... time will come for the right person.. sabi nga it Right GUY will come on the RIGHT time.

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 02:17:40 PM »
having a partner in life is not easy. who you thought is nice and well would turn out to be a monster after.

So what i suggest is pray for that, list the qualities you want in a man, pray for it.
God is so good that HE will give you the desires of your heart.Just learn to believe and wait.

God bless

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 02:42:49 AM »
maybe you don't know what you want.

i think that if you have a list of things you're expecting from a guy you want to date and you cross these guys out just because they, say, tie their shoelaces with one hand or the right elbow is a shade darker than the left elbow- mga ganyang chorva, eh wala ka ngang makakatuluyan. doomed ka na to be single forever.

or maybe you just haven't found someone you have genuine chemistry with. in that case, chill lang.

:P

caterpillar-girl

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 05:13:05 PM »
Eh maybe you can step back and see why you like who you like. I mean,  you said you get attracted to these guys and you discover they like clubbing pa rin or they don't take you seriously enough. Still, why do you gravitate to those men? Obviously something about them still attracts you. Parang you want to have your cake and eat it too. That would be fine, if you knew in the first place what kind of cake it is you want to eat. You know what I mean? Maybe you could redefine your standards or determine what is it you really truly want.
I dated a guy once, when I was MUCH YOUNGER na super cute, lawyer, gimikero, a real trophy. I thought I was in love with him then I realized, I only liked him because I wanted to "be" him. Gets? I was living out vicariously through him. I wanted to be a successful, career-driven, happy-go-lucky person. I only liked him because I can afford to "live" or share in his exciting life without doing the work. All I had to do was sit and be his date and do nothing. Then I realized if I wanted that life, I needed to get it for myself. So I did and I'm much happier.

ANYWAY nobody said naman just because your bf is active eh super kelangan mo sabayan. For example, my bf now loves to surf. I, on the other hand, don't. I don't like the whole lifestyle. Haha.  He knows it. I don't know how to surf and I don't care. I don't like camping on the beach. I don't like camping period. So on weekends he goes out with his friends to the beach and I go out with my friends to the mall. We're both happy. Tapos on weekdays, date kami. It works out well.
Good luck sis.
"Like a bird on the wire / Like a drunk in a midnight choir / I have tried in my way to be free."

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 07:35:31 PM »

oo nga naman sis. pano ka nga makakakita kung lagi nasa bahay yung guys na ganu.

I remember Bruce Lee when he met his future wife Linda Emery, their dates were simple: bahay lang, watching tv together.

but guys who loves to be at home sis, other women see them differently naman. hehe

they say those born in the year of the sheep/goat love to stay at home. but these people most often have something interesting in their homes...siguro they play music, or watch movies thru their awesomely set up home theatre. etc
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 08:58:49 PM by akthung »
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

xxpetitexx

• Virtual Assistant and A Clever
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • clever and straightforward
    • The Chapters
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 09:20:55 PM »
^
LOL, so true.. ;D
"The clearer vision of what you seek, the closer you are to finding it"

Joycy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 09:44:51 PM »
Ano ba yan? Naging funny tuloy...  8)
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 09:01:36 PM »
yes funny nga but true...

so if you see someone na ganun...

be prepared to hang out at his crib.

I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

BacMook

• A S U P E R C A L I F R A G I L I S T I C E X P I A L I D O C I U O S
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Life's good.
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »
Baka kasi sis ang palagi mong nakikita/tinitignan are yung flaws nila. Why don't you try to look on the good things about them.  :)

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2010, 02:50:55 AM »
Agree. Baka you need to try going out with one from time to time. It might help you discover yourself more in the process.
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

frozen

• surf princess :)
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2010, 11:39:42 AM »
@ sis joycy: love comes when u least expect it.. wish you happiness soon..  ;D

.. ugly truth equals rude awakening ..

noemi86

• I'm a Christ Follower, Lovely Daughter, Sweet Friend ♪ I LOVE BESTFRIEND JC! =D
  • GirlTalker
  • ♥ I thank God for everything! ♥
    • Multiply Account
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
parehas lang tayo sis... yung gusto ko hindi ko alam kung anong status eh hindi namna kasi ako pinepursue... yung hindi mo naman type yun ang makukulit... hay sana makilala na natin si prince charming
Ecclesiastes 3:11
He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

Joycy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2010, 11:11:38 PM »
Thanks sa mga response. =)

I went out to a mini safari with a Macedonian guy yesterday.  I dont know if it was a romantic date at all (though maybe he tried). He was mostly concerned with eating my face! Yuck!  >:(  :(

I sure do know how to pick 'em, dont i?  :-[  :'(

pinprick

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 09:48:44 AM »
hi sis. i agree with most of the responses here.

the right guy hasn't come yet. painful as it might sound, you must have the patience to wait.

the wise thing to do now is: DO NOT SETTLE  ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.