share ko lang the leche flan recipe that i got from http://panlasangpinoy.com/2009/07/02/leche-flan/
it was my 1st time to make leche flan and it turned out perfect, not too sweet din. hubby loved it!
10 pieces raw eggs
1 small can condensed milk
1 cup fresh milk (or evaporated milk)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Using all the eggs, separate the yolk from the egg white (only egg yolks will be used).
2. Place the egg yolks in a big bowl then beat them using a fork or an egg beater
3. Add the condensed milk and mix thoroughly
4. Pour-in the fresh milk and mix well
5. Put the mold (llanera) on top of the stove and heat using low fire
6. Put-in the granulated sugar on the mold and mix thoroughly until the solid sugar turns into liquid (caramel) having a light brown color
7. Spread the caramel (liquid sugar) evenly on the flat side of the mold
8. Wait for 5 minutes then pour the egg yolk and milk mixture on the mold
9. Cover the top of the mold using an Aluminum foil
10. Steam the mold with egg and milk mixture for 30 to 35 minutes.
11. After steaming, let the temperature cool down then refrigerate
12. Serve during dessert. Share and Enjoy!
tip: try not to whisk too hard to avoid bubbles. if there are still bubbles, try using a spoon to scrape it before steaming. or pass through a sieve just like sis ric does.