Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 31 OCT 14
Having trouble staying true to yourself? Spend time with your loved ones to remind yourself of who you are--after all, they know you best.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Stone Works  (Read 5070 times)

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
Stone Works
« on: April 07, 2010, 02:56:49 AM »
Is it true that fabricated stone works fade? Dapat ba natural stones talaga ang gamit? Dahil daw nagfafade yung paint nun. Anyone who's experience this na? TIA

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
Re: Stone Works
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:39:24 PM »
We always use natural stones, even if we have to import these.
We just prefer to think that natural/the original is best.

However,  fabricated stone works do have certain advantages...
    such as -- these can be installed where natural stone may not be practical to install cost-wise;
    uniformity is easier to achieve
    labor cost comes out cheaper since there is no time wasted in making "asinta" or fitting, and/or trimming the natural stones to appropriate sizes

I share the view too that these "fade" in time.
But these also have the advantage of not being as prone to damage or aging due to pollution, water exposure, etc.

What you can do is to ask the supplier/manufacturer/importer for written assurance that the fabricated stoneworks will maintain its color for x no. of years....  If they are willing to put down 15 years... what the heck, that is just as good as natural stoneworks. 

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 04:19:39 PM »
thanks sis! ask ko na rin if ok lang na hindi na tiktikin yung cement na pagdidikitan at pandikit na lang daw ang gagamitin. pero nalimutan ko kung anong tawag dun sa pandikit e. yun din ang pandikit na ginagamit ng mga tamad magsemento sa tiles. tama ba yun? parang feeling ko hindi e pero wala lang akong experience kaya hindi ko mapatigasan na di dapat pandikit ang gamitin.

bmitch

• I'm an Architect
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:43:50 PM »
E kasi nga fabricated, simulation siya ng look and feel ng original so the material used is that of lower quality. Maganda talaga ang natural stone.

I used MACTAN STONE in my bf resort drive, las pinas project. It will not fade of course but it will have "lumot." The natural beauty of the stone will come out of that.
Be Bewitched by the b**** called Mitch

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 09:36:52 AM »
thanks sis! ask ko na rin if ok lang na hindi na tiktikin yung cement na pagdidikitan at pandikit na lang daw ang gagamitin. pero nalimutan ko kung anong tawag dun sa pandikit e. yun din ang pandikit na ginagamit ng mga tamad magsemento sa tiles. tama ba yun? parang feeling ko hindi e pero wala lang akong experience kaya hindi ko mapatigasan na di dapat pandikit ang gamitin.

Omgoodness, I missed this.... Sorry!
Well, shortcuts are shortcuts... they wll do for awhile tapos, uulitin mo uli.  The best way to kapit all that is the old tiktik method.
I am sure by this time you are already reynang reynang salpak sa bahay mong maganda.   
One day I will invite myself to eat your sapin sapin ha. 

God bless you and your home.

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 11:43:42 AM »
^ thanks sis! they made tiktik naman din in the end. gumamit sila ng grinder para mabilis. makulit kasi ako. at palagi kami nag-aaway nun foreman ko. pati hinges ng cabinet pinag-aawayan namin.

at eto na nga. reynang reyna na since makalipat kami. reyna ng labada, kusina at ng kung ano ano pa. sige, sabihin mo lang kung kailan ang sapin sapin/peachy peachy party. hehe!

A/K/A

• GirlTalker
  • I am a gypsy, watch me dance.
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 05:23:52 PM »
would anyone know where i can find affordable natural stones? hubby and i went to ace hardware to check out synthetic stones and we didn't like them. they're priced at around 1k per sqm there but i'm sure mas mura pa sa iba. ayaw din namin ng designs ng synthetic stones eh. so we want to check out some real ones. we're eyeing bricks for our accent wall. found some suppliers in sulit but i want to know if anyone can suggest their own suppliers. thanks! :)

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 12:07:11 PM »
along balintawak. tabi tabi sila dun. the price depends on the type of stone. pero not as much as engineered stone works.

A/K/A

• GirlTalker
  • I am a gypsy, watch me dance.
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 11:44:16 AM »
^thanks dear. :) will drop by on a weekend to check. buti na lang sa may QC rin ako nakatira. will share my inputs here. :)

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • call me sis bratty for short..
    • Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
To those sisses who have already installed deco stones, may I know the costs (Kahit estimate lang), at the process sa pagdikit nito, Kasi I am planning our wall fence medyo maliit lang naman ang space para for accent purposes lang din.
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

sarahcerteza

• Probationary
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 02:32:47 PM »
sis ang alam ko around 1.2k and up [textspeak!] cost nun per square meter....natural stone sana kunin mo pero depende parin kasi..sa artificial stone meron talagang nag fafade sa ganyan...lagyan lang ng top coat an dr lock...ok na yun safe na un from alage at dirt etc...di pa sia magfafafade

jp_jameop

• major major adik na
  • Super GirlTalker
  • happily married!
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 02:20:58 PM »
i dunno if tama ba na dito ipost to.. san ba nakakbili ng italian granite?
God is great! :)

tiggerlily

• Super GirlTalker
  • Whoa!
    • The Lazy Mama
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
^sa edsa munoz-balintawak madami. magkakatabi yun. sila din ang nagbebenta ng mga stone works.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.