Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 24 SEP 14
When expressing discontent in your relationships, try to cut the dramatics and present it as a problem that needs solving. Guys will often understand and appreciate
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Beading 101 (The Art and Craft of Accessory Making) PART 2  (Read 42393 times)

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Google and Mr. Webster are the best defense!
Re: Beading 101 (The Art and Craft of Accessory Making) PART 2
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2010, 05:04:00 PM »
^2f, in front kara plastinina... a few steps away from dept store entrance near escalator...
If you can't keep your Integrity ONLINE, what does that say about the person you are OFFLINE?...

READ. UNDERSTAND. REACT INTELLIGENTLY!

I love to be Hated, specially when I'm Right... ;

Super Nix

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Class Dismissed!
    • Class Dismissed
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 07:07:23 PM »
^thank you sis!

kittie_rock

• Probationary
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 07:49:13 AM »
Ano po online shops na base dito sa Philippines?
I'm finding it hard to look for magnetic hematites and other kinds of beads/stones.
And sa Quiapo may nagtitindi ng silver plated and gold plated chains?

Thank you! Thank you!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 11:30:13 AM by kittie_rock »

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2010, 11:18:55 PM »
^so far, all the beads stores in quiapo have magnetic hematite... try Joyo or DIY for bigger hematites... try CBC for silver and gold plated chains...
If you can't keep your Integrity ONLINE, what does that say about the person you are OFFLINE?...

cherryblossone

• Senior GirlTalker
  • 8.6.11 :)
    • One Charming Day: Wedding & Party Inspirations
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2010, 01:08:39 PM »
Hi all! I just finished backreading the first thread. So helpful talaga! Dati when I go to Quiapo, ang alam ko lang puntahan ay Wellmansons.  Now I am excited to check out the other stores hihi! :D

Medyo matagal na ako nagbebeading pero hindi ako confident ibenta yung gawa ko lalo na yung bracelets. Feeling ko kasi mapipigtas kaagad. :(

Ang problem ko talaga when buying in Quiapo is that I tend to overbuy lalo na sa beads and charms. Minsan ang dami ko na nabili, pag uwi ko, kulang pa din pala yung beads ko for a certain project. 

How do you buy your beads mga sis? Nakalist na ba kung anong klaseng beads gagamitin nyo or pag dating na lang dun tsaka kayo pipili?

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2010, 11:09:19 PM »
i usually list down the components i need, e.g. locks, connectors, etc... but when it comes to beads and charms, i usually buy 'by eye', meaning whatever catches my fancy, sige lang ako bili... i have so many i havent even used yet...

btw, i was just in quiapo recently, and parang konti yung mga bagong materials... and ang daming wala na rin... anyway, for those looking for semi-precious stones, let me give you an idea on the price from the sellers at 88 bldg: Onyx (round 10mm) 240, Rose Quartz 270, amethyst 270, Jade 330... yan lang naitanong ko eh...

cherryblossone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2010, 11:39:39 PM »
^thanks sis! ako din ang dami ko pang beads, charms, and spacers na hindi ko pa nagagamit.

i'm planning to go to quiapo this weekend, sana maraming bagong materials.  btw, meron bang nabibili na ready made polymer clay beads?

cherryblossone

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2010, 03:47:18 PM »
available ba sa atin yung mga crimp covers like these http://www.beadaholique.com/c-60317-crimp-bead-covers.aspx

wala kasi ako nakikita eh. puro crimp beads lang.

mojitayanipot

• is one happy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Dear God, please give us our bundle of joy soon.
    • The Memet Diaries
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »
This thread is very helpful. :) I'm also hoping to add some handmade accessories to my small reselling business. Hehe.

hailey06

• blessed and thankful!
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 01:01:13 PM »
Hi! I do bead accessories as well. I just noticed na sikat ngayon yung mga vintage look na accessories like yung mga may cameo pendants. does anyone know where we can buy those vintage pendants and charms? I'd also like those parang resin pendants na may vintage pics.
and how about leather cord like the one sold sa the bead shop. meron po ba nabibilhan nun na wholesale?medyo mahal kase sa bead shop. TIA

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
^for vintage charms and materials,  you can try Joyo... they also have wholesale for that... for the pendants, there are some of that at Sophie's...

meron yata sa wellmansons nung leather cord...

hailey06

• blessed and thankful!
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 03:30:53 PM »
thanks, sis trinity94. is joyo also in villalobos?Para kaseng I haven't noticed that one before.
I haven't seen leather cords in Wellmanson na katulad nung sa The Bead Shop or something like this http://www.leathercords.in/leather_cords.html. Mostly wax cord lang and suede laces at yung nakikita ko dun e.

hopelessromantic

• GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2010, 04:28:20 PM »
^^oo nga sis sa villalobos din ba yun?di ko siya makita dun,or naduduling lang din ako? lol

kapag andun na ako sa quiapo kuha lang ako ng kuha,hirap pigilan sarili.kaso ang problem ko ang kinukuha ko lang e halos same color.yung mga pang vintage look.kaya ayan,parang nauubusan ako ng idea.kapag gumagawa ba kayo,do you do it kasi eto yung nagugustuhan nyong designs or iniisip niyo rin yung gusto ng iba?
..men and women should complement each other not be like each other..

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2010, 12:29:10 AM »
Joyo is at evangelista st, just a few meters away from the Quiapo church office...

@hailey06, try to ask lang sa wellmansons, parang may nakita ako eh.. if not, meron yata nyan sa carolina's...

@hopelessromantic, just to answer your question, i make my own designs.. since i dont make accessories as a business, and i simply rely on word of mouth to dispose of my creations, i always make sure there is something personal in my work... merong iba na made to order talaga, and i sometimes browse at magazines, still merong dapat original sa gawa ko... i like buying a lot of materials too...

ichelie

• The Handy Mommy
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm a Handy Mommy!
    • Handy Mommy, handy thoughts on on the journey as a wife, a mom, a counselor, and my own person.
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2010, 11:16:30 AM »
hi mga sis, im a bead enthusiast and have been doing this as a hobby-business sonce 2004.  I stopped midway 2006 when i had difficult pregnancy.  Now, Im longing to go back to it.  Can you help me by posting the Quaipo shops that has quality finds.  Suki ako ng Wellmanson before (it used to be 1 stall lang), and I know now there are other nice ones to find really good supplies.  Thanks!
The best life valuing the essentials - family, relationships, faith, & being my own person!
Parenting, Relationships, Mommy Wellness, Expert tips at: http://handymommy.wordpress.com

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 06:47:57 PM »
^hi sis!... welcome back to beading! ;D

let me just give you a run down of shops in quiapo...

villalobos st: Butingting, Pot of Gems, DIY beads, Sophie's, Wellmanson's, CBC, plus the stalls at the 88 bldg..

evangelista st: Joyo

carriedo st: butingting

btw, i finally found wellmansons in divisoria... more on dressmaking materials and accessories sila... very limited yung beads nila...

mojitayanipot

• is one happy
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Dear God, please give us our bundle of joy soon.
    • The Memet Diaries
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2010, 09:50:29 AM »
^^ Hi sis Ichelie! You're here din! Hehe. :) I'm interested in starting this hobby din. Sorta like an outlet, and siguro business din. Anjan naman ang officemates na pwede pagbentahan eh. LOL! :D

^ Thanks for posting the shops and locations sis. It'll come in very helpful. :)

ichelie

• The Handy Mommy
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm a Handy Mommy!
    • Handy Mommy, handy thoughts on on the journey as a wife, a mom, a counselor, and my own person.
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »
^ yes sis, this is my first love!  before organics and makeups, hehe. 

isip ko talaga if kaya pa ng powers ko.  Ill do it again to kick off the desire.  the benta would come later.  hopefully I can budget it with my homelife, kids, hubby, professional career and others pa.  :)  pero ang dami na necklaces and bracelets na nakahanay sa utak ko. :)

thanks sa list.  the welmanson in divi is meant for dressmaking.  quiapo pa rin ang place to go.  before, i only get in welmanson kasi mas good quality and pinapapalitan ko pag may defect yung pieces.  may ka chika na ko salesladies dun kaya i call to check the supplies i need.
The best life valuing the essentials - family, relationships, faith, & being my own person!
Parenting, Relationships, Mommy Wellness, Expert tips at: http://handymommy.wordpress.com

hailey06

• blessed and thankful!
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2010, 12:05:10 PM »
Thanks, sis trinity94. will try to check out that store next time I do my bead shopping.

bigdadis_girl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »
pasali sa thread, bean doing a lot of this since high school days pa, fun na nag earn ka pa :) its my third time around quiapo and now ko lang na explore the following stores Pot of Gems, DIY beads, Sophie's, Wellmanson's, CBC and the stalls at the 88 bldg, super mura ng mga beads dito compare wellmanson lalo na pearls, kaso nakakasawa kasi pare pareho lang  ;D

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.