Hi sis! I also have that same tendency so I always see to it that I have a lot of other things going on with my life aside from him!
I love spending time with him but when we're not together, I try not to think or obsess about him by KEEPING MYSELF BUSY!
When you're idle, you tend to just think about him. And then you start pestering him by texting, calling, emailing or whatsoever gimmick you might think of. This is a big no-no for everyone, even for girls, who have other things going on with their lives.
Imagine yourself busy at work or school, beating deadlines, then your significant other, who seems like there's nothing else going on with her/his life, would start pestering you and at worse getting mad if you don't respond right away or the way they want you to. ANNOYING DIBA? Tendencies are, you get into a fight. Then you'll feel smothered. No freedom. Sakal. Then you would want to take a break so you'll be able to breath again. FAIL.
So what are the things that will keep you busy and even for a while, make you forget about him:
1. Work - keep yourself preoccuppied with work! When you're busy, you won't notice the time. Before you know it, the day's over and you haven't even talked to each other! He'll miss you. You'll miss him. You'll both miss each other. WHICH, will make your next time spent together worth sharing.
2. Friends - spend time with your friends! Girls night out, girl bonding, shopping, pampering, etc. Shopping always keeps my mind off him, haha.
3. Volunteer - Spend time to cultivate your innnerself. Get inspiration from other things and people too. From experience, I can tell you that volunteering for a non-profit organization is very much fulfilling. It will keep you busy, emotionally healthy, inspired and fulfilled! :-) He might even find this sexy and inspiring too!
4. Hobby/Sport - engage into activities you like or love. You may do this along with friends, with him or just by yourself. If you do not have any, think of something you're interested in or things you want to try. Then find a friend who shares the same interest, then you can do it together. My hobby-turned-to-business which is accessory-making keeps me busy everytime. Now, he even takes time to go to my house and help me out, haha! Sometimes he even helps me sell them. :-)
5. Family - spend time with your family! Go out with them and have a blast. Nothing beats quality time with family, even just to catch up.
That's it! Basically, it's having fun with yourself. When you know how to have fun with yourself, your guy will be more interested to join and be part of your world. He will want you to have fun with him too or experience the same fun you're having! So he'll want to spend more time with you and be all happy and excited when you next see each other! :-)
Hope this helps sis! It's great to be in love! <3 But never forget to still love yourself.