Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 01 OCT 14
Avoid shaving problems like bumpy “chicken skin” by using shaving cream or gel every time you use the razor.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: INVITATIONS : Tips and Suggestion Thread3  (Read 53042 times)

Dhendhendhen

Re: INVITATIONS : Tips and Suggestion Thread3
« Reply #260 on: June 22, 2012, 10:25:37 AM »
^ sis, thank you sa tip. nag google na ko kaso parang me kulang pa din eh. btw, can't  view the invites you made, i think naka private yng album.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q499/DhenDhenDhen/pizapcom13325581336253.jpg

eto na yung bagong link..  ;D
I hope nakahanap ka na for your invitations... mukhang bongga ang party ha?!!  ;D

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2012, 05:55:06 PM »
Invitation tips namn itong thread kaya siguro on topic naman ito. Wag naman sana super aga ang time na nakalagay sa invitation card kung alam naman na d ganun oras ang start. Kumbaga para maiwasan ang late na bisita e 1 hour lead time ilagay. 3pm pala ang party 2pm ang ilagay grabe nakakainit ng ulo pala, lalo na walang hinanda na activity sa mga on time darating.

At sana alam ibig sabihin ng rsvp, usual reklamo e d nagreply imbitado. E kaloka naman if nagconfirm ng attendance pero walang acknowledgment na binigay :(

khriseeee

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2012, 03:04:25 AM »
where do you mommies pull your prints/designs for DIY?

For other options, try Etsy vendors - you can decide on the wording, font and color combinations. They will send you the digital file and then you can print on your own. Cost ranges from 10-15$ plus cost of printing. Not bad na.

I love this invite, same as Etsy vendors but entails more work due to the layering and different material to be used.

http://indulgy.com/post/kJMtyqZpH1/owl-invitation

This one is free naman, cute too and available in a number of colors.

http://www.do-it-yourself-invitations.com/free-party-invitation-templates.html

baby_corey

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #263 on: November 08, 2012, 10:58:59 PM »
Hi everyone, join ako dito ha. :)

My daughter will turn 1 next month and we have invitations na. Now, naisip namin ni hubby na mag request na lang ng books instead of toys as gift; kasi mas love ng baby namin ang books. Kaso lang, hindi ba to nakakahiya ilagay sa invitation? Here's what I got online, I just tweaked a little sa wordings:

I want to be a bright child
as smart as I can be.
That is why I love it
when my mama reads to me.

If you plan to bring a gift
Please take another look,
I would like to learn my ABC's
From your favorite storybook.

Please sign the book
as your personal touch.
I would like to thank you
Very, very much!

Love,
(baby's name)

Then at the bottom, we will put:

In lieu of a gift, please help start baby's library instead.  Please consider a children's book with your personal message for baby to enjoy. Let's build a "library" for baby; that will be fantastic!

What do you think mga sis, hindi ba to tacky kung ilagay ko to sa invitation ni baby? :)
~Don't aim for success if you want it, just do what you love and believe in, and it will come naturally... ~

Cheesecak3

• Mom
  • Super GirlTalker
  • missing my baby so much....
    • Jan's Travel and Tours
« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »
^nice idea yan sis. :)

kettlekorn28

• a very happy wife & mom and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
^^ that's really nice sis. no, hindi sya tacky.  ;)
God has given us the greatest gift of all. And that is you, Baby Matthew! :)

dyann***

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Cupcake Babies by Dyann
« Reply #266 on: November 19, 2012, 10:32:37 AM »
Mga sis please suggest naman how to explain R.S.V.P. in an invitation, kasi madalas when I put R.S.V.P. wala naman akong narereceive na reply kung pupunta o hindi ang guests. Kaya I plan to put a simple explanation din in brackets after "R.S.V.P."

Ano kayang magandang phrase?

R.S.V.P.
(PLEASE confirm if you are coming)

Something like that sana...
Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. ~Les Brown

Shery

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #267 on: November 19, 2012, 11:07:34 AM »
nice mga invites nyo,. keep coming. nakaka inspire!
Ang Kulet ng Buhay

dyann***

• Senior GirlTalker
    • Cupcake Babies by Dyann
« Reply #268 on: November 20, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
Sharing my DIY Mickey Mouse Clubhouse invitation  :)
I'm proud that I DIY all of my sons' invitations  :)

(I blurred some details)

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t65/dyann_photos/mickeyzacsample.jpg

ok lang kaya yung R.S.V.P. etc. na nilagay ko?
Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality. ~Les Brown

andie75

• GirlTalker
« Reply #269 on: November 30, 2012, 10:42:56 PM »
May alam ba kayo kung saan pwede mgpaprint ng invites if i habe the layouts na. For printing nalang sana. Pls suggest. Thanks

imagodei082990

• labmyangelsassortedstuff
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #270 on: December 07, 2012, 10:38:13 AM »
hi mga sis ask ko lang kung san po ba pwedeng makakuha ng free babtismal invitation gusto ko po sana ako nalang gagawa para tipid TIA

pinkpunk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #271 on: January 30, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »
i have the same question as sis andie... is there a printing service for invites? thanks! :)

danda

• Nagtatrabaho para may panggala..
  • Super GirlTalker
  • enjoy Life! ^__^
    • galanamen
« Reply #272 on: January 31, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »
^ sis ako sa Mitsubishi ako nagpapaprint. Not sure ako kung saan merong ibang branch.
Dont tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you traveled.~ Mohammed

http://galanamen.blogspot.com

zelene.18

« Reply #273 on: February 20, 2013, 07:18:55 PM »
me I'm planning to make my own passport invitation for my baby's baptismal & birthday celebration on May .. sana magawa ko ng maayos .. :)

Rochelle Valera

« Reply #274 on: February 21, 2013, 08:34:00 AM »
Just sharing the Rapunzel / Tangled invitation I made for my daughter's party next month

http://www.pizap.com/gallery/mypizap?u=tilehc#

It's Rapunzel's tower with Rapunzel's long braid hanging out the window. When you open the window, you'll see a picture of Rapunzel with my daughter. I placed the details and a location map inside. There are so many Rapunzel invitation ideas on the internet so I just combined and modified several of these to make it more personalized for my daughter. It was a little labor-intensive compared to what I usually do (meaning just design then print) since I had to make 35 braids, hand-cut the windows to make them open, cut out the roof and glue the braid and the roof to the tower. But it was fun and, most importantly, most rewarding to see the finished product and my daughter's delight when she saw it. This is the reason why all of us spend so much time prepping for our kids' parties after all!

Happy preps!

Rochelle Valera

« Reply #275 on: February 21, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »
@dyann*** Oo nga, I agree with you, mahirap mag-pa-RSVP talaga. I wrote RSVP pa rin on the invites I made and didn't explain anymore because I have my daughter's class directory and just plan on calling/texting to follow up talaga. When my daughter's classmates had parties kasi, one mother did this and this was the one party where more kids attended rin e. So I think yan ang pinaka-effective since a lot really do not RSVP (meaning you should inform the person inviting whether you are coming OR NOT). Maybe you can write (instead of RSVP) "The favor of a reply is requested by (date)" then place your contact details after that. You can modify the wording to suit your theme (ex: Princess theme, "Princess (name) requests the favor of a reply by (date) to amply prepare for the royal ball" or something like that)

pilyaz

• back for good :)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • be yourslef. be sexy,be true,be beautiful. BE YOU
« Reply #276 on: March 17, 2013, 11:15:09 PM »
Hi po, im planning to DIY my daughters invitation. Lollipop sana, may alam po kayo way, mabibili or lugar na pwede ko ipa-cut ng circle? Pag yung ordinary scissor kasi hindi pantay :-( thanks
i don't want to change just to please anybody.

Rochelle Valera

« Reply #277 on: March 18, 2013, 06:43:49 AM »
^they sell those circle cutters na pang crafts talaga, they are cutters that cut circles parang compass. I think I saw one in national bookstore?

pinkpotato

• wants to go back to SEOUL <3
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Jeremiah 29:11
« Reply #278 on: March 18, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »
@dyann*** Oo nga, I agree with you, mahirap mag-pa-RSVP talaga. I wrote RSVP pa rin on the invites I made and didn't explain anymore because I have my daughter's class directory and just plan on calling/texting to follow up talaga. When my daughter's classmates had parties kasi, one mother did this and this was the one party where more kids attended rin e. So I think yan ang pinaka-effective since a lot really do not RSVP (meaning you should inform the person inviting whether you are coming OR NOT). Maybe you can write (instead of RSVP) "The favor of a reply is requested by (date)" then place your contact details after that. You can modify the wording to suit your theme (ex: Princess theme, "Princess (name) requests the favor of a reply by (date) to amply prepare for the royal ball" or something like that)

naku sakit yata talaga ng mga pinoy yan. minsan kahit explicitly telling them, "Please contact my Dad or Mom if you are unavailable or you cannot come on this date... blah blah"

may save the date invite na din yan ha.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love Him.." R8:28

pilyaz

• back for good :)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • be yourslef. be sexy,be true,be beautiful. BE YOU
« Reply #279 on: March 18, 2013, 11:42:46 AM »
Sis rochelle valera, thank you po pero I asked national bookstore sa alimall parang di nila alam mga naka nganga. Try ko sa ibang mational. Thank you so much sis.
i don't want to change just to please anybody.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.