Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 31 OCT 14
Having trouble staying true to yourself? Spend time with your loved ones to remind yourself of who you are--after all, they know you best.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: SNORE / SNORRING / SLEEP APNEA  (Read 9996 times)

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
SNORE / SNORRING / SLEEP APNEA
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »
Hi Sisses,

Would like to ask for a suggestion kung saan hospital or sinong doctor ang ok magpacheck up regarding snorring?  Lakas kasi magsnore ni hubby and I want him to undergo 'sleep test'.  Sabi kasi ng sister ko there's such a test daw and pwede daw macontrol ang snorring.

I'm really concerned about his snorring  kasi may effect daw sa heart yun pag sobrang lakas ang snore.  Or kahit anong sleep position nya eh nagssnore pa din sya, it possesses problem daw.

Help help pleasee...

TIA!!

;)
I can only give you love that lasts forever,
And a promise to be near each time you call.
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

ladylucille

• boom boom pow!
  • GirlTalker
Re: SNORE / SNORRING / SLEEP APNEA
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 02:48:23 PM »
huwaa...  hope someone could suggest a good doctor re my prob.   :'(
I can only give you love that lasts forever,
And a promise to be near each time you call.
And the only heart I own
For you and you alone
That's all,
That's all...

i_v_y

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:15:52 PM »
I am not sure if there is already a thread for this but please feel free to direct me if there is one.

My husband snores like a monster. Sometimes kapag pinagmamasdan ko sia matulog at naghihilik sia, parang natatakot ako kasi yung breathing nia parang hindi maganda. His snoring sometimes keeps me up too and forces me to sleep on the foot side of the bed.

I want to try this nasal strips kung magwowork sa kanya. Do you have any idea where to get this Breathe Right Nasal Strips. May nakita ako sa ebay pero may scent sia na menthol Baka kasi ayaw ni hubby ng may scent.

TIA!

forumera

• Born in heaven, raised in hell, a cutie
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 02:34:58 AM »
Ako I confess I snore pero hindi ko sure kung like a monster din ba, medyo madalas kaya hindi ko alam kung dahil ba sa pagod or ano ba talaga dahilan. 8)
Wishing that forgiving is as easy as saying Hello :(

em.em

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 08:25:49 AM »
yung husband ng sister ko grabe din daw mag snore, hindi na sya makatulog gabi gabi dahil ang lakas daw, parang nagmomotor. pano kaya yun magagamot?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnt do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

riririann

• Probationary
  • Miserable Little pile of secrets
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 09:35:48 AM »
yup please saan ba meron.. nahihiya ako matulog kasama ng iba kasi nag i-isnore nga ako tapos nahihiya ko syempre baka pagtawanan pa ko. Kelangan ko nito :(
v-^_^-v

leslyn_blues

• aha-aha- i like it- aha-aha
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2010, 01:42:28 PM »
pano yan ginagamit? may gusto akong regaluhan niyan hehe ingay kase eh
chikichikichikichikinini....!!!!

miss_o

• Stay beautiful!
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2010, 08:14:55 PM »
sis parang me nakita ako before sa healthy options
I am what I am!

i_v_y

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 09:27:12 PM »
i didikit lang sia sa bridge ng ilong.

baby michael

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 04:01:35 AM »
kung super lakas ng snoring like mala monster nga like what some here said.. the breathe strips will not work.. you might need to see a doctor na baka sleep apnea na yan.. may hubby din malakas mag snore dati then i told him to see a doctor then yun nga after ilang tests may mild sleep apnea sya.. he now wears a sleep device while sleeping.. parang mask..

forumera

• Born in heaven, raised in hell, a cutie
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 07:47:04 AM »
Ano exact name ng product and brand name?
breathe strips? Nasal Strips?
And san makakabili?
Wishing that forgiving is as easy as saying Hello :(

i_v_y

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 03:04:29 PM »
Breathe Right Nasal Strips.

@baby michael
hay naku si hubby ang tigas ng ulo. ayaw mag pa doctor. kasi natatakot ako sa kanya kapag tinitignan ko sia matulog while snoring. minamasdan ko yung tummy nia kapag humihinga, hindi normal eh. ang ang lalim ng hugot nia ng hinga.

realmofadreamer

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 01:47:44 PM »
hindi nagssnore mama ko dati, then bigla nalang sobrang lakas nya na magsnore... nalaman namin, may sakit sya sa puso (cardiac hypertrophy) it's better talaga if you go to the doctor to have it checked. snoring may look like something normal but it could be a 'sign' of something na hindi maganda.
死马当活马医
千里之行,始于足下

red_one

• mrs.architect
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 02:51:53 PM »
when i was still in college, nag-i-snor na talaga ako pero mahina lang, yung parang pag nilapit mo lang ears mo sa sakin, saka mo lang malalaman na nag-isnor pala ako.
pero ngaun nagrereklamo na hubby ko lakas ko daw mag-snor. nakakahiya  :-[

googalee

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 12:28:16 AM »
Parang ok ata to. I should tell my hubby to get one of those strips.  Nagigising kasi ako every minute para kalabitin siya para tumigil tapos magsisimula nanaman. Nakakainis!

Where can you buy ba these nose strips in Manila? Has anyone tried it and do they work?

simplekitty

• GirlTalker
  • "The longest journey begins with a single step"
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 12:52:39 AM »
first time ko makita to sa Grey's anatomy...

need ko to badly para kay hubby...

for 16 years d pa rin ako sanay..

lagi ako may earphones and music until maka tulog ako..

right now sira cp ko kaya heto mukha na ako panda dahil sa dark ng eye bags ko

di ako makatulog hay :-[

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 01:33:27 AM »
yup best to see a doctor and do a sleep study.  if it is  sleep apnea they'll recommend a cpap machine. atleast both of you will be well rested. mas nakakatakot yung pag nagstostop ang breathing pag nagsosnore and like what was previously written it could be something else kung unusual na masyado ang pag snore.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

Mom_S

• a Mom & Wife at heart and a...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • It's so nice to be happy...
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2011, 11:47:26 PM »
got the same problem with hubby. sobrang lakas na niya mag-snore that i'm forced to sleep at the other room para makatulog lang... minsan bigla na lang nagsasalita malakas na parang meron kaaway siguro sa panaginip niya  ;D haaay, ang hirap!
"Thoughts lead on to purpose, purpose leads on to actions, actions form into habits, habits decide character, and character fixes DESTINY."  - Tryon Edwards

http://clicknthoughts.wordpress.com/

charmedPrue

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
ganito din hubby ko. I also bought the Breathe Right strips (from Walmart sa US). Kaso it doesn't work... It helps daw sabi ni hubby kasi it lifts your nose, making the passage bigger. Pero may snore pa rin.

San kayo nagpa-sleep test and how much? I inquired dati sa St. Lukes, 25k :( ang mahal, and that's for 1 night lang of observation.

Sanay na ko ngayon kay hubby pero I'm still concerned kasi hindi nga tama ang breathing. Nakakatakot minsan parang hindi na sya humihinga tapos biglang bawi

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »
What I know re BREATHE RIGHT n/strips - these are for times your sinuses are acting up, hindi pang snoring.  They are easy to buy in pharmacies like CVS, even at Walgreens, in the US.  You can try, tell us if it works on your hubby's snoring.  Have someone buy and mail to you. 

It didn't work on my clogged nose though. 

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.