Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 28 JUL 14
Skip drinking at the bar and go on a day trip with your barkada--it's the healthier and more adventurous option!
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Calendar Method. Is it safe? how?  (Read 91096 times)

menice

• GUYTalker =)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tahimik at mabait.. period!
Calendar Method. Is it safe? how?
« on: February 25, 2010, 03:12:04 PM »
Anyone na expertise to ? hehe need some how to's here :)

menice

• GUYTalker =)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tahimik at mabait.. period!
Re: Calendar Method. Is it safe? how?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 10:36:17 PM »
Di ko alam kung pano talaga to? pero sabi kase nila 5 days before and after.. Accurate ba yon? ang sabi din accurate lang sa mga regular ang mens.

any inputs?

messe.besse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2010, 12:09:25 PM »
been using this method with the rhythm method for years at a success...important thing to consider is that you should be regular and that know your body very well.

fyi, the woman's mucous secretions are clues to being fertile or not-- secreted mucous that are sticky means you're fertile (unsafe days),  peak being the stickiest.

come your monthly, you can do lovemaking this on your 2ndth-6th day max (sperm can live for days).

there's also an ovulation program to d/l for time-keeping on one's safe and unsafe days. :)  paki google na lang.

IronLady

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:08:34 AM »
di ko rin to magets.. sabi nila 14th day daw after your period ka fertile? tama ba?

messe.besse

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:56:37 AM »
technically there's the 14 days before that you are unfertile BUT that's not 100% because every woman's body is not the same and not all ovulate at the exact time.

we can add in other methods like recording our temperature (basal method) + mucus method (sticky or not; yellowish or whitish) to make it more effective, though, the mucus method has been enough for me  (studied my system for 2 months before relying on it).

Paulo

• GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 05:48:24 PM »

As earlier mentioned you can Google it, or ask your OB about it. The main idea of the method is to make full use of your non-ovulating days by logically plotting an estimate BASED on your monthly cycle. So may computations yan, may mga changes din yan if your cycle is irregular, so your OB is in the best position to help you plot it especially if you are clueless about it. The more you do not know anything about it, the riskier it is.

Is it reliable? Reliable enough but if and only if your cycle is regular and continues to be regular and if you practice it properly.

Is it safe?

Among all the birth control methods this is the one with the lowest rating. Not even 90% effective when practiced by the typical couple, and not even 50% effective when practiced by unwed lovers who are just having a fun time banging each other regularly. ;)

Still, I say you should consult your doc about it. I'm sure she'll be able to convince you to use some other form of birth control. :)

Expecting the World to treat you fairly just because you are a good person is a lot like expecting a Bull not to Charge just because you're vegetarian.

ebosh

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
What I know is that it's 5 days before and after your first day of menstration. Calendar method + withdrawal works for me for almost a year na.
btw, ano yung rhythm method?
LOVE is not a feeling, it's a DECISION..

applejoy

• "aah, how fascinating the trivialities of this world.."
  • GirlTalker
  • * bring on the big guns *
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2010, 01:10:09 AM »
it's pretty much about counting the day of your period. day 1 is the the first day you get your menses, then up to day 11-12 is considered the safe period. day 14 you ovulate, so not safe until day 28. from day 28-30 those are the days you're supposed to get your period again. it's ma-effort and you'd have to be overly aware of the day of your cycle for it to actually work.. but then some might prefer using this method kase withdrawal doesn't have to be an option.
*joyjoy*

miss parker

• My self is my BOSS. Been an entrep for 4 years and loving it :)
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • thank you Lord!
    • Tinay Shop.. your online Beauty Shop!
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 11:49:01 PM »
dapat REGULAR ka.. if hindi naku wag na..

ako regular ako eh and effective saken un 5 days before 5 days after.. kaya alam namen ni hubby na mappreggy na ako nung time na we did the deed.. :)
Beauty comes from within.. but wouldn't it be better if BEAUTY SHOWS FROM INSIDE OUT?

musicalfan

• music maker and
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Musicalfan Loves Minerals
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2010, 10:28:36 PM »
i've been on this for 3 years na. so far so good! do your research well sa internet. i'm slightly irregular, meaning that my period can be off for a maximum of 5 days. but you can make adjustments to suit your cycle, and you have to keep tabs on your cycle for 6 months before you can use this. kailangan kasi makita kung ano ang maximum ang minimum days mo sa cycle. be careful nga kasi the success rate of this is 91% lang even if done to the letter, the lowest rate among natural birth control methods.

yinchii

• GirlTalker
  • I'm a techie and its my passion
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 06:12:14 PM »
i've been using this before pero since i don't want to take risk we use condom na.
when life gives you question, google has answers!

berna15

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 06:20:02 PM »
yes effective pag regular cycle ;D
dont let the things you want make you forget the things you already have.

LoSiNGGRiP

• is a long distance MOM, super NURSE and a PROUD 10-year-
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • love2loveu
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 07:09:10 AM »
^agree
**A true measure of a man’s desire to be with you happens after sex, not before. So don’t look at all the sweet things he did for you before you slept with him. Examine how he acts after.**

miss_girl

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 01:33:44 PM »
ako nga sis irregular, nagrrange ng 31-48 days ang mens ko, nakakaloka.  ;D pero I've been using this for 4 years na, works well for me naman.

I'm using the cervical mucus method mostly, pero calendar is a part of it din. I make sure na i'm not withing 11-30th day.. kasi nga i don't have mens the same day each month eh.

princess_jhade

• Probationary
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 11:05:18 PM »
safe talaga pero in our case 3 days after my menstruation lang para safe we been practicing it for 5 years hehe

so far wala pa nman kami baby lolz

wraspberri

• Probationary
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 03:08:10 PM »
been practicing for the last 8 years with bf-then hubby, and 2008 lang kami nagka-baby ... so far, effective siya sa amin.
i love life ...

lovemeagain30

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 06:13:08 AM »
yeah i suggest a better contraceptive like condom. calendar method is a hit and miss situation if you dont know the whole idea of it!

parang withrawal lang yan eh. ang hirap kaya magbilang lage kung kelan ka safe at kung kelan hindi.

wraspberri

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
^ pwede yun sis, as long as disiplinado din si hubby/bf and always .. always, keep a calendar with you with your notes/counting ...   ;)

yun ang ginagawa ko dati kay bf now hubby ...
i love life ...

Heavenly_Bliss

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 08:32:03 PM »
yup.safe ito basta regular menstrual cycle..  ;)
I place everything in your hands.♥

shinny~

• Probationary
  • I <3 my bembem.
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
Yung friend ko na 45 years old, ginawa daw nila to ng husband niya for 5years dahil ayaw pa nila mag anak.  According to her, dapat daw simula nung nagkaroon ka, count ka hanggang 10days. Safe daw yun. So kunware 3days ang period mo + yung 7 days na natitira safe yun. :D and 5days before ka magkaroon safe yun. :D

My Boyfriend and I tried this so I think its safe. :)
DHC Supplements Mini-Store
Facebook: Shin Kho
Message me first. then I'll add you.
Multiply Site: www.shinnysministore.multiply.com

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.