Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 16 APR 14
Addicted to coffee? Bring your own container--it may save you some money, and even if it doesn't, you'll be saving the planet one cup at a
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Top IT companies here in the Philippines  (Read 54561 times)

yndy

• vanidosang prinsesa at
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Top IT companies here in the Philippines
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2012, 01:43:30 pm »
I used to work for Misys. Almost 5years din ako dun and wouldn't want to leave sana kasi ok ang working environment, pay and benefits. Need to rest lang kasi we really wanted to have a baby na. Compensation-wise, depende sa department I think and defend ko lang ang Misys as mentioned ni sis snowyice. Your increase is based on your performance and based sa computation ng kita ng company. And in my 4 years dun never naman ako naka experience na 14php ang increase. Meron pa nga kami performance bonus kung kumita ang company that's every August and your bonus din will be computed based on your performance. So gaganahan ka talaga to perform. Then we have local hero awards na inonominate ka ng co-workers mo or even clients and ok naman ang cash equivalent. Madalas din for support na pinapadala overseas sa clients. Sa 4hour parity test naman, meron talaga yun and is being used sa lahat ng Misys office worldwide.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
http://www.mywedding.com/raffyatyndy

red_pepper

• Probationary
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2012, 10:55:42 pm »
I have not been working for almost 3.5 now since I had a baby. My last job was as a TSR and I'm looking for an IT career na entry level. Puro TSRs ang duties ko in the past (hardware tech support naman), and I feel so far na with technology nowadays. Bumababa na yata ang self-esteem ko. Wala ako programming experience. I wonder Accenture hires entry level positions to what I could only offer.

Iniiwasan ko na muna ang call ctr industry if may mahanap akong iba, dahil ilang taon na ko sa ganun and I don't think I'll be able to manage my time specially now that I have kids (may newborn pa ako)

Kasi if wala na room sken sa IT world, I might check out office/admin opportunities na lang, gusto ko na kasi makatulong rin kay hubby.  :-\

hallerness

• GirlTalker
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2013, 01:35:23 pm »
Hi! Would you know kung saan pwede mag-apply ang mga may skill with SAN or storage area network? TIA :)
"Pakawalan mo yung mga bagay na nakakasakit sa iyo kahit na pinasasaya ka nito. Wag mong hintayin ang araw na sakit na lang ang nararamdaman mo at iniwan ka na ng kasiyahan mo."

NickSparks

• still alive
  • GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • member since March 27, 2006, 05:39:44 pm
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 04:47:54 pm »
US economy picking up, means more IT jobs?
Member since March 27, 2006, 05:39:44 pm

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 05:32:38 pm »
^ Bro, not all clients of these IT companies are based in the US so we can't say that... Heehee. XD

-----

I once worked in Accenture wherein most of my projects' clients are nearby (therefore my work is mostly dayshift), and since the scope is quite small, work-life balance had been good for me. :D

I have a lot of friends (and my supervisor) once worked in HP. They say na maganda ang learning experience dun, and work-life balance is great. :D

IBM... Matagal ang hiring process, but again compared to the two above mas okay ang compensation... But Fujitsu has far better compensation packages than that. (according to my friends there)

Pero right now I'm working as an in-house IT person... I can say mas okay sya kasi ako lang ang hinire under the capability that I have and I'm not paid by manhours/ticket kaya di ako minamadali sa deliverables. 2 years pa lang experience ko BTW... Challenge talaga sya kasi wala akong malapitan if in case there are stuff I am having a hard time to solve.

Well, as for the best IT company... One can always be better than the other. It all falls to the project you get assigned to, and yes, the compensation packages offered to you. (Bitter reality: Equally experienced IT pros are NOT paid equally.) :)
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

NickSparks

• still alive
  • GUYTalker
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • member since March 27, 2006, 05:39:44 pm
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »
very nice answer @ nettai. this is very true in the IT industry, it really depends on the project.
Member since March 27, 2006, 05:39:44 pm

zira

• GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: September 27, 2013, 02:50:44 pm »
up for this thread.

what do you think are the top 10 IT companies now?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 03:27:47 pm by zira »

claud9

• Probationary
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2013, 06:28:57 pm »
UP
di ko magets yung mga PROJECTS. anong ginagawa sa mga yun? editing? constructing? hehe.

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #68 on: November 23, 2013, 11:18:31 am »
^ sis claud9, to answer your question, when you say "projects" in IT, it's more of working in a particular account or company that has outsourced its IT services (like system development, design, coding, testing, implementation, and even system maintenance) to IT service providers (like accenture, ibm, fujitsu, etc). companies usually do this to save on cost. when a company has an in-house IT (just like sis nettai's company), they do not need to outsource their IT activities to IT service providers. they have their own IT people who do the system development and maintenance. hope this helps.  :)
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

claud9

• Probationary
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2013, 08:59:51 am »
^ sis claud9, to answer your question, when you say "projects" in IT, it's more of working in a particular account or company that has outsourced its IT services (like system development, design, coding, testing, implementation, and even system maintenance) to IT service providers (like accenture, ibm, fujitsu, etc). companies usually do this to save on cost. when a company has an in-house IT (just like sis nettai's company), they do not need to outsource their IT activities to IT service providers. they have their own IT people who do the system development and maintenance. hope this helps.  :)

salamat. malaking tulong to hehe. isa pang tanong.  makadagdag ba sa background ko kung matututo ko ng ibang os gaya ng linux?

nettai

• Tropical Citrus Fruit
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2013, 11:18:20 am »
^ Oo naman sis :D

A lot of server platforms use Linux or any Unix-based OS. :)
~ Crux Sacra Sit Mihi Lux, Non Draco Sit Mihi Dux ~

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2013, 12:01:42 pm »
^^ agree w/ sis nettai. if you're into programming, i suggest you also try to learn other programming languages. like if you're into C++, try exploring java and websphere din. it can increase your market value later on.  :)
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

jepoy22

• GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2014, 09:21:32 am »
Question: Do any of you know any company that do not require nor encourage employees to work overtime? I'm interested in looking for work that will not conflict with my MBA evening class in QC.

missFB

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2014, 05:37:16 pm »
Hello mga sis..  :)

how about naman kapag from headhunter tapos deployed to macquire? Same benefits din ba makukuha?

purple_girl

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2014, 06:46:31 pm »
^i think this would depend kung magiging direct hire ka ng macquarie or not. if direct hire ka ni macquarie but na course through lang sa headhunter yung application mo, then, malamang same benefits, however, if sa headhunter/agency yung contract mo, malamang kung ano yung benefits sa headhunter/agency yun lang din ang benefits mo.

misis

« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2014, 10:24:26 pm »
Anyone na nakapag work or nag work with Headstrong?

Ano-ano benefits nila? Work environment?  First time ko kasi na dumaan sa headhunter kaya no idea ako with the setup.  And ang worry ko talaga is baka after ng project na pag deployan nila sa akin nganga na  ;D

Any insights sa headstrong regarding sa concern ko? And tingin ba ninyo nga sis patok ang mga ganitong company sa career ng mga IT?

Thanks sa magrereply in advance.  :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles