Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 31 AUG 14
Have a pillow fight with your kids! It's good for your heart--and your body too.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Top IT companies here in the Philippines  (Read 63227 times)

princessK

• GirlTalker
Top IT companies here in the Philippines
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »
Hello sissies :) I know that many of us are into IT industry today.
Just starting this thread so that we could all be aware and have an idea on which company to target if ever we want to expand on greener pastures di ba? :)

ako i'll start na ha:

1) Macquarie Philippines - been hearing good reviews about this company talaga :)
...i am you, and you are me...

sassyme

Re: Top IT companies here in the Philippines
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 05:00:48 PM »
i have a friend who has just recently joined macquarie. although IT yung role, as far as i know, hndi IT company yung macquarie but a financial institution.

yung IT nila, instead of getting services from consulting firms like accenture or ibm, inhouse.

ok naman yata yung compensation, may allowances pa. kahit saan naman pumunta may pros and cons. it's a matter of perspective den siguro kung ano yung mas nag-mamatter sayo (ie, career growth ba, salary, training, etc)

my 2 cents worth. :)
you know you love me.. xoxo :*

loveann

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 04:36:16 AM »
gusto ko rin magapply dito since gusto ko na magwork sa IT industry pero i dunno kung pano ako magstart eh.

mhay_khazki19

• Database Designer
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 06:53:51 AM »
^sis, i am planning to resign at my current work. i have visited their website and it seems i need to have application number? could you help us how can we send our CV to that company??? that would be a big HELP for us .. thanks in advance :)

starberry

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 11:30:10 AM »
I think Lawson PSSC Inc. should be part of the top IT companies here in the Philippines. They give good compensation, excellent work-life balance, allowances, and benefits. I must say that they provide a good working environment. :-)

Currently, Lawson has two offices here in the country - both being in Taguig. One is in Net 2 Center in The Fort, and in One World Square in McKinley Hill.

loveann

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 09:32:41 PM »
wowow! my opening ba dito sisterettes? ;)

miss-chievous

• GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 06:43:59 PM »
^i think sa Lawson, continuous ang hiring nila. But they hire experienced IT prof and their interview process is fairly rigorous. If you are applying as a programmer, they will have you solve 3 problems by coding on the spot.

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 10:43:40 PM »
Oo sis, experienced programmers nga lang ang hina-hire ng lawson. Although, paminsan minsan naghahire sila ng fresh grad pero bihira to.

neugierig

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 03:07:46 PM »

accenture is generally a nice place to work, but it depends on certain conditions (at least, in my case)

where you are in you career - its a nice place to start a career, or to join as a manager.  if you are in between those levels, its a big question mark.

you know how to play the system - if you know how to play/manipulate the performance reviews and cultivate extra good relationships with the right people, then you'l find that its a good place to be.

you chanced upon a project that sends you overseas long term or thru multiple assignments  - self explanatory, but depends if this is your priority.

i'm not a 'sis'

loveann

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 09:38:54 PM »
wow ;D

penguinmichi

• GirlTalker
  • Entrepreneur, Blogger, Designer, Stylist, Lover :)
    • Korean and Organic haul
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 10:56:44 PM »
hmmm [textspeak!] mga company b n nabanggit niyo dapat my experience na s work [textspeak!] kinukuha nila or kahit fresh grad?
Even if youre on the right track, youll get run over if you just sit there

Signature edited.

vanillamist

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 03:57:52 PM »
post kayo mga sisses.. im planning to move to a new company after i give birth this july. so probably by september... im looking for  top it company dito sa pinas sana may ma post pa. :) hanap ako ng ok ang compensation at saka work-family balance..

eto mga naresearch ko sana may magbigay ng feedback sa mga yan. :) tulong na rin kung ano ang mga requirements at mga pagdadaanan sa kanila pag nag-apply.

http://www.yugatech.com/blog/careers/top-it-companies-in-the-philippines-based-on-salaries/

http://www.pinoyexchange.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-343944.html

thanks.

neugierig

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 06:44:15 PM »
if you want work life balance, wag ka sa it company hehe
i'm not a 'sis'

wengerts

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 08:00:03 PM »
^korek ka dyan bro

vanillamist

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 10:24:14 AM »
swertehan lang siguro talaga.. ::)

kitty_me

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 11:52:48 AM »
am looking for IT home-based job.. baka meron kayo alam?
Mas masarap tahakin ang tamang landas walang masasaktan na iba.. at walang sinisirang buhay
Kailangan gawin ang tama kahit labag ito sa kalooban
Ang pagibig ay hindi makasarili.. hindi lang kaligayahan ang dapat sundin..

evilwoman

• Super GirlTalker
    • By Nature Handmade Soaps, Carrot Health Soap, Human Heart Nature Products
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »
^ project basis ang alam kong ganyan sis..bale magffreelance ka..madalas ito sa mga web developers..

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 10:03:18 AM »
I think Lawson PSSC Inc. should be part of the top IT companies here in the Philippines. They give good compensation, excellent work-life balance, allowances, and benefits. I must say that they provide a good working environment. :-)

Currently, Lawson has two offices here in the country - both being in Taguig. One is in Net 2 Center in The Fort, and in One World Square in McKinley Hill.

sis, i have a friend who used to work in Lawson. [textspeak!] nya ok nga daw kaya lang medyo hindi ok ang job security kasi there had been several rounds of retrenchment this year and even last year (esp during the US recession). he left Lawson because of this reason.
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

Lea

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »
am looking for IT home-based job.. baka meron kayo alam?
Ako din. Sana merong home-based.

iamtsina

• Yehey! Ako ay isa ng
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I love life!
    • a dreamer.
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 12:40:29 AM »
ma-research nga ito - Macquarie Philippines! gusto ko na lumipat kaso 2 years pa lang exp ko. =(
Count the stars!

www.tsinatown.com

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.