Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 30 AUG 14
Keep a collection of funny photos to stare at when you get hit with the blues.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Turbo Broiler  (Read 17523 times)

sardonyx

• Senior GirlTalker
Turbo Broiler
« on: February 19, 2010, 02:23:06 PM »
Aside from Imarflex, what other brands are available? I googled this, and I found out that this is a Filipino-invented appliance as claimed by Imarflex.  Parang ang hirap maghanap ng turbo broiler if you're based out of the country.  Ito kasi ang laging gamit ng mom ko for many years kaya napag-isipan kong bilhin. Very handy for baking, grilling, etc.  What's the difference between turbo broiler and eletric/convection oven in terms of usage?  Which is better?

sheh-la22

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Turbo Broiler
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:11:32 PM »
ako din sis eto ang gamit ko, specially for chicken since 1985 pa ,favorite namin ito

NEUCHI yung brand na nasa amin, yung una naming brand is imarflex.NEUCHI almost 10 years na namin gamit until now ok pa din.

simpleng baking lang sya pwede gamitin. kase di enough yung heat nya para maka bake talaga ng maganda. pero ok sya sa mag vegies, chicke at meat, maganda din kase nagdi drip yung excess oil pati na rin cholesterol.

it is like a portable convection oven. pero limited din ang capacity

sardonyx

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 03:30:03 PM »
^ sis, i asked my mom to bring me one from pinas.  i have one with me now although di ko pa nagamit.  Standard ang brand. yung available kasi dito sa sg,  sobrang laki, mga large sizes sila.  yung dala ng mom ko, smaller than the ones sold here.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 04:05:36 PM »
Well, if  you are baking/roasting just a batch for 1 meal.. the turbo broiler is more convenient, less costly in terms of electric consumption.  I use my convection oven for baking hard cakes like rum cake, fruit cake, cupcakes and muffins.

The turbo is for roast chicken, and reheating lechon left overs na ayaw ko ipaksiw.

Also alam mo naman dito sa Phils.  -- mas madali maintindihan at ma gets to operate nang katulong ang turbo broiler vs even a La Germania oven. 

sheh-la22

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:59:22 PM »
yup sis

sakin fave ko talaga sya sa chicken

ardnajela

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 08:26:43 PM »
Hello po,

How much po ang turbo broiler ngayon sa pilipinas?

takleza

• GirlTalker
  • wife and mom
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2010, 07:34:37 PM »
chaka sisses, [textspeak!] ba ang mas okay? may halogen type na daw ngayon, ewan ko kung pano i-eexplain pero it uses light daw to heat or cook the food. mas okay kaya yun over dun sa dati pang turbo broiler?
gusto ko bumili pero hindi ko alam ano dapat bilihin. :(
*life is beautiful*

chellesunshine

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:52 AM »
^sis nakabili kana ba?
me i got mine yesterday,,gift ng brother ko
mga sis,,pashare naman ng recipes niyo using the turbo o
alam ko lang chicken dito lutuin ::)

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 11:57:36 AM »
^ our lechon kawali imbes na fried, we cook it using the turbo broiler.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 12:09:07 PM »
FOR THOSE IN THE US!    :)

I saw early this month on a tv shopping channel... the turbo broiler is now being sold there ...  called the convection broiler..  looks just the same as the Standard white model we have here in the Phils.

There was another turbo marketed as a cooker that "air frys"
            $249.99
                                1 800 334 5614
                                ww.thane.com
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:08:33 AM by aquacharly »

akthung

• GUYTalker
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 04:24:36 PM »
Aside from Imarflex, what other brands are available? I googled this, and I found out that this is a Filipino-invented appliance as claimed by Imarflex.  Parang ang hirap maghanap ng turbo broiler if you're based out of the country.  Ito kasi ang laging gamit ng mom ko for many years kaya napag-isipan kong bilhin. Very handy for baking, grilling, etc.  What's the difference between turbo broiler and eletric/convection oven in terms of usage?  Which is better?

dito sa Australia merong mga turbo broiler na galing china.
I'm a baby Arhat. An Arhat has a well developed intuition, advanced mental powers, highly refined emotions and a strong desire to contribute personally to the uplifting of humanity.

sardonyx

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 03:16:25 PM »
I have baked chicken, crispy pata, oatmeal cookies, cupcakes and muffins using turbo broiler.  From what I gathered, you cut cooking time in half and lower the temperature of the turbo by about 50 degrees fahrenheit.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 03:19:34 PM by sardonyx »

ulangbanayad

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2010, 01:09:21 AM »
Nagbrowse ako sa abenson.com.ph and ito nakita ko. ano ang ok na brand?

Imarflex     3,448
Dowell       2,298
Standard   2,248
Hanabishi   1,798

soumy01

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2010, 10:29:54 AM »
yung akin ang brand niya "american heritage" with light wave technology.

sabi kasi nung sales assistant dun sa sm mas maliit daw ang electric consumption nito compare dun sa ibang turbo.

Antigone

• Live Free <3
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 08:07:41 PM »
I had 3D before, yung Halogen type. Ayun, nasira after a year. I just bought a new one, coil-type naman. Imarflex. Sana di na masira.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.

http://kikaymd.blogspot.com/

msblade

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2010, 06:01:44 PM »
We have this Neuchi brand same as sis shel-lah22 and I wonder what can I bake here?

antuten

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 09:08:36 AM »
sabi ni Ms. Connie sa homecookingrocks.com, you can bake cheesecaked daw using a turbo broiler. I'll try it later *crosses fingers*

jefsie10

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 08:53:14 AM »
puede ba gamitin ang pyrex sa turbo broiler?

mishmish

• I'm shy but I'm friendly... eccentric but exquisite and undeniably a....
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Addicted to Counter-Strike Again
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 10:02:36 PM »
^pwede mo ask sis sa mga department stores, pero baka pwede, kasi ako ginagamit ko unbranded na baking dish ok naman sa turbo ko - imarflex ang brand  :)

^^i'd tried her recipe before, yung coffee cheesecake sa turbo, so far so good naman hehe  ;)
** The greatest weakness of most humans is their hesitancy to tell others how much they love them while they're alive **

domestic diva

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »
Has anyone tried baking in a turbo broiler?
Hail to St. Joseph of the Holy Cloak!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.