Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 22 OCT 14
Invest in closet classics like one little black dress, a white polo shirt, and a pair of slacks. After you have them all, you can splurge
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: All About Med Reps  (Read 58096 times)

FoxyPhoenix

• GirlTalker
All About Med Reps
« on: February 14, 2010, 05:25:18 AM »
I want to have a career as a medical representative. anyone here working as medrep? where? how much is the average salary? any advice? tia
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:48:55 AM by FoxyPhoenix »

FoxyPhoenix

• GirlTalker
Re: All About Med Reps
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 08:14:38 AM »
is this a good long term career?

sweet_cherry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 09:36:22 AM »
Sis ko medrep, dapat pretty and maboka ka... sweldo is konti lang pero dami perks and freebies, libre car and gass, cell and line etc.. :)

FoxyPhoenix

• GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2010, 10:55:42 AM »
^saang comp sis mo sweet_cherry?
ano ba mga ok na companies?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 07:49:39 AM by FoxyPhoenix »

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Google and Mr. Webster are the best defense!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 02:02:19 PM »
is this a good long term career?

this is only a good long term career if and when you find an understanding partner... marami din kasing extra-curricular activities sa field na ito that people who arent into it will not understand... but while youre at it, mag-ipon ka na and take advantage of everything that comes your way... enjoy mo lang...
If you can't keep your Integrity ONLINE, what does that say about the person you are OFFLINE?...

READ. UNDERSTAND. REACT INTELLIGENTLY!

I love to be Hated, specially when I'm Right... ;

hotprincess

• Probationary
  • love me or hate
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 07:40:12 PM »
yeah i agree that there are alot of perks being a med rep. Im working with medical representatives and they really enjoy what they are doing, especially if you are in Pharmaceutical industry :)

sweet21

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 10:28:44 PM »
^saang comp sis mo sweet_cherry?
ano ba mga ok na companies?

Fonterra and Leo Pharma...

Fonterra yung office nila nasa Eastwood and Leo Pharam sa Sucat..

Yung bestfriend ko nagwwork sa Fonterra, madaming perks and benefits.. Travels, company car, and extra allowance..

FoxyPhoenix

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 04:14:33 AM »
^ i'm really interested :)
i'm looking for the best pharma comp, it may not be the greatest but at least a very good company. i plan to have this as a long term career kasi. currently i'm working for a call center, for me this is a dead-end job nowadays.

sweet21

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 07:47:44 PM »
Try mo sis, but being a med rep is not all glam..Minsan ma assign ka sa different provinces.. Kahit hindi mo gusto dapat ready ka.. Pero if gusto mo talaga try mo din :)

dreamgirl

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 05:19:10 AM »
every job naman has advantages and disadvantages and i think the advantages of being a med rep first of all hawak mo oras mo, second hindi routine ang trabaho kasi there's always a challenge lalo na when you're building relationship with the doctors, third it lets you to be creative and innovative because you have to come up with good activities, fourth good incentive and a chance to travel when you hit your sales target, fifth gain more friends. Let me just clarify din na hindi lahat ng reps have car, cell phone & food allowance, etc. meron super tagal ng rep pero commute pa rin because the benefits depend on the company you're in. One of the disadvantages, right now grabe na talaga ang dami ng pharmaceutical companies as well as the reps so talagang u need to have a lot of patience sa pagpila and paghihintay just to cover the doctor and you only have 30 secs to 1 min to talk to the doctor or else paglabas mo ng clinic dami ng galit sayo, second because of the cheaper medicines there are some companies na nagtanggal ng employees, third if you don't want to be away from your family and friends kasi there is a big possibility na sa province ka malagay,third sometimes hard to convince the doctors to prescribe your product if loyal na siya sa isang brand and minsan pag di kilala company di nila masyadong pinapansin, fifth if sales and pr is not you're thing medyo mahirap kasi at the end of the day benta pa rin ang usapan kung na reach mo target mo masarap. Ang pagiging med rep masaya na mahirap, challenging pero stressful, rewarding if you're performing.  ;) i hope makatulong.. :D

mayday

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2010, 11:54:54 PM »
hi sis! ok maging medrep if ok yung company napasukan mo.. di lahat ng companies ngbibigay ng service car, at iba pang allowances,. iba iba din ang range ng incentives nila,.. madami din na companies ngayon ng pharma industry, ngbabawas ng employees and iba na freeze hiring.

ang mga ok na companies na alam ko: UNILAB, Boehringer, Pfizer, Novartis, GSK

FoxyPhoenix

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 03:46:53 AM »
^thanks sis, will do researches on those companies.

tama

• GirlTalker
  • you will always be my BaBY...
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2010, 10:32:15 AM »
hi! im a medical rep for 6 yrs na. maganda ang benefits if u r with a multi national company such as pfizer,gsk,novartis etc. sweldo is not that big pag starting ka palang,pero may per dime ka naman, may car plan and gas alloc. may incentives pag komota,and a chance to travel abroad pag maganda performance ng company. if you r looking for a long term job, then this is not the right one. ok lang ito if bata ka pa, single ka kasi you have to be willing na ma assign anywhere in the phils. magastos  din, at walang security and work dito. pwede ka matangal anytime kung may ginawa kang kabulastugan. youre just good if youre hitting your targets but kung hindi na pag iinitan ka talaga ng management.sometimes, kung ayaw talaga sayo hahanapan ka talaga ng butas para matanggal ka.:(

mctina_20

• in the kingdom of the blind, the one eyed is KING!
  • GirlTalker
  • HIStory is HERstory too
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 11:24:05 AM »
i used to be a Pfizer rep for over 5 yrs ( super proud to be 1  ;) )

back then i started at 7k net - with an annual increment of 2500-4k, depending on the CBA agreement. + car and food allowance. for a newly grad like me at that time - dream job talaga sya. my salary were just for my luho. unlike other career dun pa manggagaling food and fare mo.

when it comes to relocation - if there is a vacancy wherever city/hometown you want to be yun naman ang priority nila sayo. unless otherwise somebody requested for that place ahead of you - siempre seniority pa din. but me and so as the rest of my counterparts we are all from that city talaga. it is for the companys advantage to assign people where they think they will stay for good or for a long time. and usually sa hometown naman.

go for multi company - u will never be alone.. ;D.. u will know what i mean once u are there.

a man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams

runaway_bridesmaid

• Junior GirlTalker
  • ces't la vie
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 10:28:01 AM »
my friend is a medrep from unilab, true yun mga posts ng mga sisses dito na marami benefits, freebies, travel and other incentives pag naka quota, and sabi rin ng isang sis, which i totally agree na hindi all glam, though those medreps look really nice kasi it is required talaga in their line of work. it's hard work pero sabi niya at least nakikita niya yung mga pinag hirapan niya compare sa 8-5 office work na years ang aantayin mo before promotion
Signature edited.

spicy_angel

• GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »
@tama, I was also a med rep for almost 2 years. I can say that I was good on what I was doing. On my first year, I hit my end year quota, October pa lang. So all the while I thought that my immediate superior would be glad with my performance but her reaction was on the contrary. She began accusing me of the most insane thing. I wasn't able to take the heat so I left.

Yup, pay was good especially that I was hitting the target. I got a car with free gas and all. But the benefits, the travel and other benefits were not enough to compensate for a lousy working environment.

But then again, you'll never know if this is your cup of tea till you get to try it. So who knows, this just might be for you.

tama

• GirlTalker
  • you will always be my BaBY...
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2010, 11:09:51 PM »
i used to be a Pfizer rep for over 5 yrs ( super proud to be 1  ;) )

back then i started at 7k net - with an annual increment of 2500-4k, depending on the CBA agreement. + car and food allowance. for a newly grad like me at that time - dream job talaga sya. my salary were just for my luho. unlike other career dun pa manggagaling food and fare mo.

when it comes to relocation - if there is a vacancy wherever city/hometown you want to be yun naman ang priority nila sayo. unless otherwise somebody requested for that place ahead of you - siempre seniority pa din. but me and so as the rest of my counterparts we are all from that city talaga. it is for the companys advantage to assign people where they think they will stay for good or for a long time. and usually sa hometown naman.

go for multi company - u will never be alone.. ;D.. u will know what i mean once u are there.

sis, this year walang salary increase. nag end [textspeak!] CBA last nov 30 2009 until now wala pang new CBA under nego pa..:(

deck_girl_07

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:28:55 AM »
gusto ko din mag try med rep kaso ano age requirement?

freelancer

• A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous.
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Part time Accountant Full Time Girlfriend.
    • F.Y.I Blog
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2010, 01:27:11 AM »
hindi lahat ng pharma companies nagbibigay agad ng service car sometimes it takes months or even years bago ka maissuehan. and kapag commute ka tapos field work ka super hassle yun as lalo na during summer na grabe ang init. my boyfriend is a medrep. maliit lang ang basic nila sa allowance and comm lang bumabawi. yung car depende sa performance mo, if ok performance mo may car ka agad. luckily he got his car on his first month pa lang so di siya masyado nahassle sa pagcocomute.
Life is a one big event so dress up for it!
www.freeyoungandinspired.blogspot.com

tennisgirl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 05:22:57 PM »
hi! im a medical rep for 6 yrs na. maganda ang benefits if u r with a multi national company such as pfizer,gsk,novartis etc. sweldo is not that big pag starting ka palang,pero may per dime ka naman, may car plan and gas alloc. may incentives pag komota,and a chance to travel abroad pag maganda performance ng company. if you r looking for a long term job, then this is not the right one. ok lang ito if bata ka pa, single ka kasi you have to be willing na ma assign anywhere in the phils. magastos  din, at walang security and work dito. pwede ka matangal anytime kung may ginawa kang kabulastugan. youre just good if youre hitting your targets but kung hindi na pag iinitan ka talaga ng management.sometimes, kung ayaw talaga sayo hahanapan ka talaga ng butas para matanggal ka.:(

@ tama...pwede mo ba gamitin for personal use yung car? meron kas akong kilala na medrep and ginagamit niya yung car pag umuuwi ng province...
sometimes the things you want the most don't happen and what you  least expect happens...

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.