Ageless beauty Lea Salonga reveals her stay-young secrets in the August 2016 issue (the anti-aging special!) of Good Housekeeping Philippines. Available on newsstands and bookstores nationwide.

Grab a copy now!

Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Women's Weight Training Myths  (Read 47045 times)

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
Re: Women's Weight Training Myths
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2015, 02:28:03 AM »
i want to take protein shakes kasi ang payat ko but then i wanna work out din kaso bilis ko mapagod. i just wanna tone my muscles...
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2015, 08:45:38 AM »
^ I do barbell training and CrossFit, and I love protein shakes. Challenging lang sa umpisa, but it gets better. I don't get tired as easily as when I started.

Give it 21 days. Try to be consistent. Drag yourself to the gym if you have to. Get real food and up your protein intake. Lift weights. Magtotone din yan. :)

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »
^thanks sis.. Parang may nabasa ako protein shakes/whey protein nakakadiri las? Is that true? I've back read the thread and parang ok yung max super shredder ba yun.. Kaso hindi available sa pinas...

I just wanna gain very little weight then tone my muscles and yung tummy ko kasi may konting bilbil nako..
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2015, 09:51:27 AM »
^ Try the Chocolate Cake Batter flavor of Syntha-6. One of my faves. I even make protein brownies out of them. Depende sa brand ng protein yan. Right now, I'm on Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey Turbo Chocolate. Masarap din naman. I even mix it into my morning oats. :)

hushkirby

• GirlTalker
« Reply #184 on: February 26, 2015, 10:44:50 AM »
I want to lift weights. Do I really need a gym instructor?

Wandabanana

• Ninja
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #185 on: February 26, 2015, 10:51:48 AM »
^You might need someone to at least show you the correct form and spot you on the bars and such.

Note that the bare barbell, without any weights, is 45lbs itself. Would you be able to lift it onto your back for a squat, or lift it up with your arms for an overhead press?

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2015, 10:55:05 AM »
^^ Never ako naghire ng gym instructor, but I did consult some fitness coaches on how to build a program nung nagsstart pa lang ako. Also did a bit of Googling on movements and form.

I started with dumbbells, then shifted to barbell after some months.

Parang ganito yung ginawa ko dati:

Mon - Back and biceps
Wed - Chest, shoulders, and triceps
Fri - Legs

Wandabanana

• Ninja
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #187 on: February 26, 2015, 01:16:15 PM »
A good resource could be the Starting Strength book by Mark Rippetoe, which explains in detail strength training through barbell exercises. It's what I'm reading right now. Parang anatomy lesson na rin. hehe.

@Frozen Toes: care to share your dumbbell program? What weight did you start with?

Wandabanana

• Ninja
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2015, 08:42:40 AM »
Thanks for that detailed routine, Frozen Toes! :) You've given me ideas. :D

oshiawase

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #189 on: April 28, 2015, 11:55:18 AM »
I'm a beginner. I want to start without weights first. But I will do circuit training (basically, those ^ but without weights) plus boxing (with focus on core muscles, per my trainor). My goal is to tone my abs. Question is, do I need protein shakes?

lilsaintsm0m

• Junior GirlTalker
  • is a mother and everything else after that..
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2015, 11:40:45 PM »
Buhayin ko lang ulit itong thread na ito Im just so happy i found this. Im new in weight lifting, takot din ako noong una kala ko magigng Batista ako (imposible pala yun haha)buti nalang na convince ako ni hubby ang sarap pala magbuhta!backreading pa muna ako he he dami tips!:)

beachgirl

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Almost Fit
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2015, 03:25:27 PM »
^ True sis! May girls na natatakot magmukhang pang bodybuilder ang katawan nila pag nagbuhat sila. Di nila alam na yung mga nagkakaganon na body, maraming oras ang ginugugol sa pagbubuhat at super strict ang diet. Pati tulog at supplements nila binabantayan nila.
"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first." - Ernestine Ulmer

cry_mandy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #192 on: July 17, 2016, 06:51:04 AM »
Mga sis problem ko malaki yung upper body ko. Malapad shoulders ko. Any tips pano ako magbubuhat para maging proportion and magkashape? TIA
the greatest gift of our lives is having someone who accepts us with so much love without a single doubt

~~~~PrOuD mOmMa~~~~

redberry12

• GirlTalker
« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2016, 07:35:18 AM »
Mga sis problem ko malaki yung upper body ko. Malapad shoulders ko. Any tips pano ako magbubuhat para maging proportion and magkashape? TIA

sis try running and everything will slim down. :)

cry_mandy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #194 on: July 17, 2016, 01:40:20 PM »
sis try running and everything will slim down. :)

Thanks sis. Or pwede naman siguro any cardio exercise?
the greatest gift of our lives is having someone who accepts us with so much love without a single doubt

~~~~PrOuD mOmMa~~~~

killbill

• L'Arc-en-ciel
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2016, 01:46:37 PM »
May ganito palang thread, ang dami ko natutunan. Thanks mga sis
I died then my instinct was born

follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.