Check out Good Housekeeping’s foolproof guide to cooking the perfect steak, just in time for Father's Day! On stands now for only P120.

Grab a copy now!

Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Personal Trainer  (Read 1196 times)

artegirl

• Junior GirlTalker
    • My Online Shopper
Personal Trainer
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:01:51 PM »
Hi
thinking of getting a personal trainer to help me with my fitness goals.

Im thinking of jusf getting the 30min session for strength training. Ok naman ako sa cardio. I can already do that on my own

Pls share your experiences sa personal training. How did you select your trainer? What to expect? How to maximize your sessions?

Thank you

quian

• Super GirlTalker
  • dance dance in gladiator sandals
Re: Personal Trainer
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 11:31:35 PM »
any recos?
dancing in the moonlight.

artegirl

• Junior GirlTalker
    • My Online Shopper
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 09:43:24 PM »
for me, I like the 30 mins better.  dati when I was just starting sa gym, 1 hour PT ako.  meron mga cardio part dun, where the trainer is just waiting for me to finish my cardi.  In my opinion, waste of paid minutes yun.

pag 30 mins PT, you have to be at the gym at least 15 mins before your PT sess para warm up ka na.

pansin ko din, dami clients ng PT ko na 30 mins program lang din

things I like about my PT:
- more comfortable for me to have a female PT, than male PT
- hindi ako pinipilit mag avail ng pinaka-mahal ng package
- we start on time (dati kasi yung PT ko, paglate dumating yung na-unang sess sa kin, late din kami magstart)
- she really keeps track of my progress.  every week, she asks for a copy of my InBody results

geekgurl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 12:53:22 AM »
any recommended PT in paranaque area?
"Travel light, live light, spread the light, and be the light

bluescarlet

• Probationary
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 11:05:01 PM »
Regarding PT, alam niyo a magkano PT rates sa Gold's Gym? Meron kasi partnering rate ang Gold's Gym sa company ko, I'm thinking of trying it. Never pa ako nag-gym. Wala akong alam. Haha.

glacy_rein

• Super GirlTalker
  • I am the author of my life.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 12:30:01 AM »
I started availing PT sessions when I got scared/bored to train alone.. maybe insecurities or just want to have company, para may magpush saken na kailangan ko mag-gym kasi may naghihintay. Haha! extra motivation.

Male or Female is ok with me, depende nalang kung medyo may kakaiba sa Male nagpapalit ako. Siguro mga naka more than 5 nako - i have 2 faves kaso hindi sila avail sa current location ko.

Tomorrow I will try to go to Alvin Fitness.. Many celebs go to him and he has a team of 3.. I wanted to try him not because of the artista's but you really SEE a difference, improvements..

I am at 120-ish lbs but I have to tone down for my wedding in 2ish months and almost 1year ako sa 360 with PT and even joined a program but wala masyadong improvements. I even did Herbalife that is why I will go for this one!

I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I've been hurt but I'm alive. I'm human, I'm not perfect but I'm thankful.

drag0nfly

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2016, 05:57:49 AM »
^360 yan ba yung circuit training gym?

glacy_rein

• Super GirlTalker
  • I am the author of my life.
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 06:06:05 PM »
^yes sis
I fall, I rise, I make mistakes, I live, I learn, I've been hurt but I'm alive. I'm human, I'm not perfect but I'm thankful.

luckypal

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2016, 01:13:19 AM »
I got a PT to learn the correct form and be aware of the potential injuries that I might cause myself if I do an exercise incorrectly. The toning, losing weight and other benefits were mostly on me though.

I saw my PT once a week but I wasn't disciplined enough to follow her workout assignments for the days I didn't see her :( tuloy wala masyadong results. Now, I'm still trying to form the habit of working out... I'm so tamad kasi... hay!
Gold is for the mistress — silver for the maid —
Copper for the craftsman cunning at his trade.
“Good!” said the Baron, sitting in his hall,
“But Iron — Cold Iron — is master of them all.”
Iron out of Calvary is master of men all!"
— Rudyard Kipling

kvandenhaak

• Penny Pincher, Contest addict and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Former stay-home mom!
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 12:57:45 AM »
Anybody tried Orange Theory Fitness here?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 12:53:17 AM by kvandenhaak »
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own" ---Matthew 6:34

rockstarmama

• GirlTalker
  • mom of three
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 12:19:04 PM »
I did 42 sessions with a PT and it was really worth it. I learned the proper forms and he was really able to motivate me :)  my body, posture and overall discipline improved.
Right where I wanna be!

ArnoldBench

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 03:02:01 PM »
Okay talaga magkaroon ng personal trainer. Akala natin ang main job nila is turuan tayo pero ang talagang work namin is to motivate you. Fitness is a lifestyle and a choice. Choice mo kung tutuloy mo pa or hindi Kung walang motivation di ka mag stick sa routine.

follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.