Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 19 SEP 14
Feeling angsty after a break-up? Vent to your friends over coffee—not on the Internet. There's no telling who will read your rants on Facebook or Twitter.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Fitness First (Thread 2)  (Read 26612 times)

3per

• Probationary
Re: Fitness First (Thread 2)
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2014, 05:13:26 PM »
I have a regular membership with citibank rate (2.4k a month) that I would like to terminate/transfer. Membership was from January 2014 with one Freeze month

_AiaH_

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm your BaBy,,,<3
    • Skinlicious
« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2014, 10:03:06 AM »
ingat kayo sa nakawan inside these gyms. my phone was stolen here inside the locker mismo. marami nananakawan sa kanila. i have yet to settle this with ff mgmt. they refunded my membership pero the phone, wala.

karenstar

• star/gazer
    • USTExchange
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2014, 02:52:59 PM »
Hi mga Sis! :) Share ko lang experience ko when I inquired about membership sa FF. After gaining so much weight, my bf and I finally decided to take control and started looking for gym options in our area (near Caloocan). We took a 6-month membership sa Slimmers Caloocan before pero it was crowded and small so we checked kung ano pa pwede malapit samin. We inquired sa Gold's Gym Waltermart (Ms Kline is so nice, and hindi nagpipilit - we'll sign up with her today), Bodyworx West Ave (deadma lang sila samin and daming additional fees) and finally Fitness First SM North Edsa.

Nung una ok pa, the guy who assisted us was friendly. Then came the weight and body analysis, he told us what we needed to lose, etc. He asked us the normal questions like what activities we do, sports etc. I told him na ako hindi ako athletic, I don't have any sports. So he asked again, any other activities like jogging etc. Sabi ko no. Tapos sinabi ba naman niya "So wala kang ginagawa? Nakahiga ka lang sa bahay?". Di ko alam na kasama pala pang-iinsulto sa consultation. So I told him, "Teh, hindi ako nakahiga lang sa bahay. May work ako, lahat ng time ko napupunta dun." Humirit din bf ko nga na yung time namin, sa work namin umiikot (we have a business together). So after nun, hindi na siya nag-comment, continue na lang sya sa ginagawa nya.

Then came the discussion of membership rates. At the back of our minds, we kinda liked Gold's Gym na because of the rates, location and facilities. In fairness naman din kasi sa FF, mas maganda talaga facilities nila, madami equipment, and malaki yung gym. We don't mind paying extra as long as we know na masusulit naman yung binayad namin. The one thing talaga na hindi nagbabago sa sales rep nila is sobrang kulit na pay alam nila na hindi ka decided, tatawagin pa yung manager para kunwari may additional discount. And so when we talked to the manager, we told her na pagiisipan muna namin options namin. She told us na pag di niyo kinuha offer ko ngayon, hindi na yan available bukas (may naniniwala ba dun?). Sabi ng bf ko, we have to think about it muna and babalik na lang. Sabi samin ng manager "Sa 4 yrs ko dito, wala pang bumalik sa mga nagsabing babalik sila." So ano to trap? So she asked again kung what's holding us back. My bf told her na it's the additional cost (may mga admin fee, body first etc). So after a few minutes of her trying to haggle and convince us to sign up right away, my bf finally said na hindi na kasi may better option for us sa Gold's Gym. Sabay sabi ni Manager, eh kung yun ang afford niyo eh di dun na muna kayo. Kapag kaya niyo na saka na kayo lumipat dito." So sumagot nako na siguro ganun na nga lang, thank you for your time. Then we left.

If they had been less insulting with their choice of words, we would have chosen to sign up with them. Kaso dun pa lang sa unang agent na-badtrip nako. I wouldn't even be there inquiring if I didn't know and accept that I need it. Dun naman sa manager, hindi naman porket naka-slippers lang kami ng bf ko at casual lang shot namin eh wala kaming pera. Yup, it's true na we are looking at the cost (just like any practical person) dahil syempre we are looking for value of our money. Kung ganyan pa lang any maeencounter namin sa start, I'd rather go elsewhere. Sabi nga ng bf ko, hindi naman tayo papayat sa facilities or freebies nila. Nasa samin naman yun and pareho-pareho lang naman any paggamit sa equipment na yan.

Just thought I'd share this. Most of the time hindi deciding factor ang sales rep/manager/gym employees when it comes to choosing the right gym for you but in this case, they made it an easy decision for us to enrol with their competitor.
To live would be an awfully big adventure.

superpinya

• GirlTalker
  • Most of the time, I talk too much.
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2014, 08:09:18 PM »
Hi. Anyone who wants to transfer their platinum membership? I want to enroll for 6 months starting october and ayoko sana iavail yung 5 months rate ng platinum mas mataas kasi kesa 12month rate. Sino po need magtransfer ng membership?

Hi! A friend of mine has a passport membership in FF. As far as I know, it is 3 months na lang. If you are interested to get it, please contact her directly 09228081925. Her name is Jennie. I also tansferred my passport membership but since the one who continued my membership wanted platinum, she added na lang sa fee. pwede naman po yun :)
"NO AMOUNT OF TOXIN CAN GIVE YOU SUPER POWERS, BEING A SUPER HERO IS INNATE -SUPERPINYA"

_AiaH_

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I'm your BaBy,,,<3
    • Skinlicious
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
@karenstar

I wouldn't be surprised na ganyan experience mo sa kanila. FF isa sa mga walang modo ang sales team. I experienced that din, FF fairview naman. I regret every single minute I spent on my stupid impulse sign up with them.

Sobrang loko ng FF na to. Wag nyo na tangkain tumuloy pa. You'll be better off spending your money sa ibang gym with better and flexible options. dito puro pera pera pera kasi they will always try to maintain the # of sign ups against # of cancellation ng membership nila.

mischa04

• is simple, bold, strive for perfection, confident, aggressive, very intuitive, have a very active imagination, and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • B.I.T.C.H - Babe In Total Control of Herself
« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2014, 02:02:35 PM »
Buti na lang I'm so over FF horrible experience. Wag kayo papapilit sa FF, pag-isipan mabuti dahil mga tuso yan at lolokohin kayo, kumbaga in the end talo ka. Saka insulting talaga sila kaya sagutin nyo if kailangan dahil wala sila karapatan mang-insulto.
Try to avoid being inlove with the IDEA of being inlove. It will cause you to be with people you shouldn't be with.

marge070407

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #106 on: September 12, 2014, 02:19:06 AM »
may fitness first ba sa canada kasi magmigrate na kami kung magenroll ako here magamit ko kaya membership abroad?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.