Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 21 AUG 14
For a healthy alternative, use veggies like broccoli and spinach as pizza toppings!
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Singapore to Malaysia  (Read 69378 times)

beauty_addict

• GirlTalker
Re: Singapore to Malaysia
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »
Question, dun sa mga nagbus papuntang KL, online ba kayo bumibili ng tickets or dun na mismo?

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2010, 08:12:54 PM »
From my experience, it's better to book ahead kasi minsan napupuno agad yung mga bus

naomi209

• GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »
^^ kami naman we just bought our tickets a day before our trip. wala naman naging problem kasi ang dami pang available seats :)

beauty_addict

• GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2010, 06:50:33 AM »
oh thanks.. I tried booking sa aeroline, di pa pwede. well may 9 pa naman. I'll try booking na lang ulit siguro by end of april :)

cherub.rock

• Junior GirlTalker
  • nobody's baby!
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2010, 01:14:36 AM »
mga sis, i'm planning to go to singapore-malaysia this year hopefully. i really need your advice and suggestions.

--which is much cheaper/better? diy trip or thru a travel agency?
--i'm planning to stay (2 days,1 night at malaysia; 3 days, 2 nights at singapore)..

how much do you think should my budget be for this trip? budget covers the following:
>hotel/accomodation
>food
>transpo
>souvenir shopping

planning to go this august or september. please help. ;)

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #45 on: April 12, 2010, 12:30:08 AM »
cherub.rock:

re: DIY vs travel agency
Halos lahat ng trip ko DIY talaga. What I like about DIY is I get to do what I really wanted and stay as long as I want in one place. Medyo hassle nga lang to research about your destination, but okay na rin kasi it's a great way to learn about the place you're visiting.

re: budget
Malaysia is cheaper to travel in than Singapore. Though KL isn't all that exciting (the food's great though), Malacca is simply lovely (and it's just 2 hours from KL, 4-5 hours from Singapore).

I can't give you an exact figure as to how much you'd need for your trip since our traveling style and preferences might be different. But to give you an idea, I've posted my travel budget on past trips in my blog:
Malaysia (7 days): http://justwandering.org/2009/07/travel-budget-malaysia/
Singapore (6 days): http://justwandering.org/2009/07/travel-budget-singapore/
Singapore and Malacca (8 days): http://justwandering.org/2009/12/travel-budget-singapore-and-malacca-birthday-trip/

I hope that helps :)

cherub.rock

• Junior GirlTalker
  • nobody's baby!
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2010, 01:43:05 AM »
sis neeners, thanks for your reply. yes, i really want to a DIY trip too. i love planning and researching. it is gonna be my first trip abroad though (hopefully) so baka mahirapan ako.

i was planning get a one way plane ticket to singapore then bus travel to malaysia. after that, uwi na ako to pinas from malaysia na. is that a good idea? how much is the usual airfare from phils to singapore? i checked PAL.. 200+ USD. that's just one way. hmm medyo mahal considering some sisses here are able to get tickets for less than 10k roundtrip na. si cebu pac cheaper? does it land as well on changgi airport? i read before na hindi daw. pardon my ignorance. i wanna see changgi din. :P ::)

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2010, 02:22:39 AM »
Sa PAL kasi, minsan mura, specially kung ang balik mo is within 8 days. Since hindi budget airline ang PAL, mahal bumili ng one-way ticket sa kanila.

If you want to see Changi airport and not the budget terminal, fly with Jetstar (www.jetstar.com). Budget airline siya, pero they fly to Changi Terminal 1. In Manila, sa Terminal 1 siya. Jetstar ako usually kapag nagpupunta ng Singapore.

Okay naman yung plan mo na Manila-Singapore-Malaysia-Manila. From Malaysia ang option mo is either Cebu Pacific (NAIA Terminal 3) or Air Asia (DMIA Clark). Both fly from the KL Low cost carrier terminal in Kuala Lumpur.

Yung fare depende kung kelan ka pupunta and how far ahead ka bumili ng ticket. Dati naka bili ako ng ticket to Singapore, one way for only US$40. Pero Feb or March ko ata siya binili for travel in May.

cherub.rock

• Junior GirlTalker
  • nobody's baby!
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2010, 05:15:35 AM »
^wow sis, the info i got from u has been very helpful so far. i tried mock booking thru jetstar.. 90usd (php4,500) one way ticket. kaso im from cebu pa so i have to get a connecting flight from cebu to mnl. my estimated budget for airfare for the whole trip is 10k pa naman. kaya kaya yun?

and for the rest of my budget (food, transpo, accomodations), around 15k for SG and 10k for malaysia. is that enough? i dont intend to shop for goods. [textspeak!] konting pasalubong lang. i'm also not mapili when it comes to accomodations as long as it's clean. i wont spend the whole day in my hotel room anyway. do u think my budget is enough?

switlemonade

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2010, 10:14:34 AM »
from Singapore to Malaysia, which city yung pinaka malapit sa airport?

kasi sa Malaysia kame mag exit to Manila, from Singapore, what is the best station to pick na malapit na sa airport? we'll be taking Aeroline bus ( https://www.aeroline.com.sg/time_promo.html )

our flight kasi back to Manila is 1AM, so plan namen from SG to Malaysia, we'll be taking a bus na 6pm back to Malaysia then derecho na kame to airport, what is the best way kaya ? :)

TIA

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2010, 11:02:52 PM »
cherub.rock: Actually, medyo mahal na yung 4,500 sa Jetstar. If you want to adhere to your 10K airfare budget, you have to get great deals in both your Cebu-Manila-Cebu and KL-Manila ticket.

I think kakayanin naman yung budget mo for the length of your stay in the two countries. Ang maganda sa Singapore and Malaysia ang daming hawker places that sell good food for cheap. Madaming hostels in SG and Malaysia. In KL, okay sakin yung Matahari Lodge and Twenty Guesthouse in Malacca.

switlemonade: Kung 1am yung flight niyo, the latest time that you have to check in is around 12 midnight. The bus from Singapore to Malaysia takes about 5 hours, depending on the traffic. Baka sobrang traffic pa especially sa Woodlands near the causeway going into Malaysia. Better take an earlier bus para sure na dumating kayo sa airport in time. Aeroline stops at Corus hotel in KL, and it's another hour pa going to the airport.

Kung kaya ng energy niyo, take the night bus from Singpore to KL (not Aeroline). Dadating kayo mga 4 - 5 am sa KL. Explore KL for the day then head to the airport around 9pm. If you don't want to explore KL and want to take Aeroline, take either the 3pm or 4:30pm bus

switlemonade

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 11:34:24 PM »
^ do you think hindi gaano safe un 6pm na bus ?  kasi sayang kasi oras we want to spent pa sa SG sana... if not.. we'll leave early sa SG, pero parang hirap mag explore ng KL, san kame mag iwan ng trolley bags kung mag explore pa kame ng KL hahaha

cecilydee

• Junior GirlTalker
  • that's the way we do the varsity drag
    • Freshness Indeed!
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2010, 01:10:33 AM »
^mejo malawak nga ang KL to explore dahil puro daan. in my experience since may kakilala ako, naki locker nalang ako sa gym nya sa paragon mall hehe. if you want, you can stay nalang in Petronas. That's what I did and I already call that an exploration of KL haha.

and by the way, 6pm ang bus ko nung nagbalik ako singapore. and its fairly safe naman. at walang ganong traffic. kahit na 3 lang kaming pasahero. yummy pa ng food. :)
∴∴∴∴→→★Life. Beauty. Crafting. Freelance. Watermelons. ★←←∴∴∴∴

neeners

• Junior GirlTalker
  • just wandering
    • justwandering.org
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2010, 04:18:56 AM »
switlemonade: if you take the 6pm bus, sabihin na nating 5 hours ang travel from SG to KL, 11pm na kayo dadating sa KL. Then may 1 hour na travel pa going to the airport, so 12 midnight na kayo dadating dun. That is kung makuha niyo in 5 hours from SG to KL and madali kayo makuha ng taxi or bus going to the airport.

The check-in counter closes 40 minutes before the flight. If you're taking the 6pm bus, you have to be sure that nothing delays your trip from Singapore to KL LCCT.

switlemonade

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2010, 11:08:24 AM »
^ sisses.. we're planning to take aeroline... sana on-time lang sila para at least kahit papaano eh fairly safe paren un time namen :)

herroyalbleakness

• Senior GirlTalker
    • The Beauty Bin
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2010, 08:26:41 PM »
we took airasia flights sa MY to SG and back trip namin. We spent only $90 (US) for the roundtrip flight, 2 adults kami. nakaswerte ako ng promo economy flights. for me, the best deal itong nakuha ko since dadagdag ang time namin to shop since 1 day lang kami sa SG. :)

miss understood

• Pasaway Ab Initio
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2010, 08:59:23 PM »
^for me naman, one and a half day lang kami sa sg kaya magbabus kami. tingin ko hindi madadagdagan ang oras niyo kasi you have to be early sa airport. lalo na sa malaysia, malayo ang airport sa city proper.
An act of dishonesty is a lie to one's own soul. Before you begin on the journey of revenge, dig two graves.

herroyalbleakness

• Senior GirlTalker
    • The Beauty Bin
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 01:09:24 AM »
nadagdagan ng 4hours ang shopping time namin sa SG kung magpplane. nakabook kami ng hotel malapit sa airport kaya okay na okay :)

p3ntium4

• Junior GirlTalker
    • My Gallery
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »
We are going to KL din sa weekend via tigerairways... Naka promo saka ok ang time nila...
Ask ko lang po san ba ang sakayan ng star shuttle sabi direct na daw ito papuntang hotel e from airport... May nakasubok na ba? Tapos pagpauwi na saan kaya ang sakayan pabalik ng airport? From hotel to airport...
--------------------

plum_girl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2010, 08:48:45 PM »
Question, dun sa mga nagbus papuntang KL, online ba kayo bumibili ng tickets or dun na mismo?

always online.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.