Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: A Cool-off is a prelude to a Break up  (Read 28180 times)

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
A Cool-off is a prelude to a Break up
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »
Is this true? What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 09:35:07 AM by luisacart »
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

mooncake and leaves

• Super GirlTalker
    • Clickity
Re: A Cool-off is a prelude to a Break up
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 09:38:18 AM »
not all the time. but a cool-off kasi is a show of doubt. and it takes  a lot of work to recover from that so not a lot of people are able to make it. because even if you do get back together, new trust issues will surface on top of the ones that are already existing. so even if they get back together, it's not an automatic, "oh we're okay, we're fine." it doesn't work that way.

but i think sometimes people need space to see things clearly. and i think just because you're not labeling it as a "cool off", it's not the same thing. i mean, even if you haven't technically abandoned a relationship, doesn't really mean you haven't and vice-versa.

sa akin lang, kahaba-haba man ng prusisyon, kung sa simbahan man o sa kangkungan ka pupulutin, eh wala ka nang magagawa ;D

sweety_paige

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 09:44:30 AM »
No... I think cool off is a time for yourself.  A time to think and have fun.

I agree with Sis Mooncake, kung sa simbahan o kangkungan ka pupulutin, if that is meant to happen, kahit ano pang gawin mo wala kang magagawa.
Remember my name, you'll realize how you let go of the one that has done nothing but just to love you.

bochecokina

• LOVE is BITTERSWEET
  • LOVE is BITTERSWEET
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 09:50:58 AM »
cool-off is technically breaking off.  you need a break sa relationship kaya nag ku-cool-off right? at the first place, bakit magku-cool-off? pressured na ba?  need space? need to think something over?  need to find yourself?  before going trhu cool-off assure first kung ano reason nyo? kasi if you can still solve the problem without going thru sa "cool-off" stage then dont go thru it.  pag sinabi kasing cool-off somehow you are taking each others commitment. wala syang paki-alam sayo at wala kang paki-alam sa kanya. pero if you need to breath.. then cooling off is the best.  tama sabi ng mga sis natin.. minsan it will really lead to break up minsan naman you will realize the value of each other.

goodluck!

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
Not necessarily.
Sometimes things get heated up and a cooling off period is required.
Or, 1 party just has too many things on his/her plate, too much going on in his life....   kesa sumabog the tempers!  or a case of misplaced aggression...... usually it is a career thing or a family thing.

IF the cool-off period gets extended though, ibang usapan na yan...
then it is a prelude to "ciao".

menice

• GUYTalker =)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • tahimik at mabait.. period!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 09:13:14 PM »
Not all the time. :) kase meaning ng cool off is like thinking of ways if they need to continue what they have. pero kung cool off nga tapos may ginagawa kabalastugan. leading to breakup na yon for sure. :D

yinchii

• GirlTalker
  • I'm a techie and its my passion
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 12:45:07 PM »
for me parehas lang. pinapaganda mo lang ang hiwalayan nyo. kasi its like cool-off muna tayo then after a while break na..

why do u need to cool-off if you love each other. if its problem and fights, communication is still the best to fix it. cool-off will only makes it worst. 8)
when life gives you question, google has answers!

bronze

• Happy and Hot
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »
para sa kin oo. prelude talaga yan leading to a break up... minsan kase guys can't say goodbye the proper way...
Recognize reality.

baliya15

• GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 11:00:24 PM »
after cool off, closure, pag break up, parang closure na din, byebye na agad.. :D
come back to the roller coaster ride..

kittypowerranger

• Tupaking Kikay'
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2010, 03:47:24 PM »
Not necessarily.
Sometimes things get heated up and a cooling off period is required.
Or, 1 party just has too many things on his/her plate, too much going on in his life....   kesa sumabog the tempers!  or a case of misplaced aggression...... usually it is a career thing or a family thing.

IF the cool-off period gets extended though, ibang usapan na yan...
then it is a prelude to "ciao".

i agree sis sa amin kapag cool off kami kc we like to stay away a bit far from each other para walang friction so no fire would be produce!
"Quod me netrit me destruit" meaning, "What nourishes me also destroys me."

loveavenue

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »
pag ba cool-off, may commitment pa rin sa isa't isa? pwede na mag-entertain ng suitors or manligaw (kung guy ka), or magka-crush sa iba?
para kasing ang dating ng cool-off for me is, you're on the GRAY scale, you're neither black, neither white. in other words, nasa alanganin yung status nyo. di maintindihan kung kayo ba o hindi (na pina-ganda lang yung term para di masyado masakit).

it's so confusing. pls. enlighten me.

precious_girl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 12:38:49 PM »
pag ba cool-off, may commitment pa rin sa isa't isa? pwede na mag-entertain ng suitors or manligaw (kung guy ka), or magka-crush sa iba?
para kasing ang dating ng cool-off for me is, you're on the GRAY scale, you're neither black, neither white. in other words, nasa alanganin yung status nyo. di maintindihan kung kayo ba o hindi (na pina-ganda lang yung term para di masyado masakit).

saken theres no GRAY, there is only BLACK OR WHITE...I never do Cooloff.

but this is from a friend of mine who believes in colloff she said you can see other people, go on dates flirt with the opposite sex and party all night long. Kasi theres no exclusivity daw meaning youre single technically speaking.

But kung ako sayo sis, just forget about him, to hell with him! hahaha Show him how fun and exciting your life is without him and who knows maybe when he sees that you are handling it so well he just might want you back exclusively, otherwise he aint worth it girl, kaya you better work it! ;)
.:.suffer for fashion.:.

jamiecabascos

• GirlTalker
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 01:31:31 PM »
maybe it's a prelude. we have done so many offs and ons at ngayon break na talaga kami! :)) nagcool off nga lang kami, may babae na siyang katext. so nice!
Focus on your show and never forget your poker face.

chengkii

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »

Depende sa arrangement, sis.
Di rin kasi ako nag ga ganito eh. Break kung break. hehe. Pero according to a friend, pwede daw i set yun limitations. Like, cool off muna tayo for a month. Tapos, arrange nila na no entertaining of potential 3rd party, ek ek.
For every action there is an equal reaction. :)

pumpkin13

• Prinsesang Kalabasa and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • GirLTalker '06
    • Products of a boggled mind
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 09:34:31 AM »
For me, it means the same thing. There's no such thing as cool off. Again, for me. LOL.  ;D
Sometimes, it takes a great good fall to know where you really stand.

Blogger by heart

alkris

• GirlTalker
  • "what you see is what you get"
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 01:37:50 PM »
For me the same lang sia eh pareho lang din naman ending nun hehe pinaarte lang para sa akin para alam mo yun in case magbago isip ewan ko but ever since hindi ata nauso sa akin yang term na yan kasi kung break na break na hindi yung term pa na cool off pa.
Soon to start a new chapter in my life......

anir

• I'm a smoker, melancholic, loner, painter, geek, executive secretary and a full time
  • GirlTalker
  • the woman... beyond the usual
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 01:58:32 PM »
cool off is the nicest way of saying: BREAK NA TAYO!

woman with no regrets...

alkris

• GirlTalker
  • "what you see is what you get"
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 02:39:53 PM »
sis anir TUMPAK!
Soon to start a new chapter in my life......

anir

• I'm a smoker, melancholic, loner, painter, geek, executive secretary and a full time
  • GirlTalker
  • the woman... beyond the usual
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 11:08:55 AM »
^ sis Alkris... Apir! LOL
woman with no regrets...

openmindedsoul

• GirlTalker
  • hardworking mom and loyal wife
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2010, 09:41:24 AM »
most of the time yes. unless they really love each other and just need space kaya sila ng cool off, magbabalikan yan.

but on my part, kapag cool off, off na talaga.  :)
aim for excellence! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.