Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day MON 21 APR 14
Make sure everyone eats together at dinner every day so that no matter how busy you are, you always get even just a little quality time
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Which do you think is better?  (Read 9413 times)

loveavenue

• GirlTalker
Re: Which do you think is better?
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 09:30:43 pm »
alone na lang. ayoko ng gulo e, ayoko manloko ng tao.

precious_girl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2010, 09:19:42 pm »
Id rather be single. Its a total waste of time to be with someone you dont really love and watch your young years go by, its so much better to put yourself out there and who knows...the right person for you might just be around the corner waiting to bump into you :)
.:.suffer for fashion.:.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2010, 09:42:31 pm »
Depends where your  best interests lie.
There is a big difference between someone you do not love (but respect) vs someone whose company you can't stand (even if 24/7 you're lolling in excess material comfort).

I have seen good marriages where the couple's relationship is based on mutual respect and common vested interests.  They live peaceably together, are comfortably content and exhibit kindness and respect towards each other.   

The "love" builds up, starting usually with the devotion of the man to give the woman a stable life, a guiding hand in advancing her career or interests. 
(Hindi nga ba, love can be developed just as well as love can be lost.) Some women, well... their heart gets tired at some point, and choose to have someone just take care of them.  And I don't just mean materially (I am not referring to kabits here ha.  Ibang cuentahan yon, let us not go there.)   

Now, there are women who choose to be single, and end up bitter, short-changed or unable to bring their careers to great heights.
Of course, synergy yields better and faster results.
 (Coz it  is not  a simple matter of financial support.  But more of the I-will-create-you-into-a-monster kind of guidance   LOL ..  usually from men much older and already accomplished vs young upstart wives.    Ejemplo:  Think Marcos and Imelda,  Leviste and Legarda.   The wives learned their political smarts from their husbands.  They used their husband's existing political ties.     View it as good or bad, admittedly, the wives earned their place in our political history.  Amen)

Where you think your best interests lie, meaning where you can advance your  priorities... a marriage based on mutual respect and common vested intersts   vs  being single --  there lies your answer.

lelaina17

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2010, 04:01:47 pm »
i'd rather be alone than be with someone i feel nothing for.  i'll just end up feeling guilty plus kawawa lang siya.  saka kahit ako, i don't want someone to stay with me just because he's afraid of being alone.  i want to love and be loved in return. :)
there now, steady love, so few come and don't go
will you, won't you be the one i'll always know
when i'm losing my control the city spins around
you're the only one who knows, you slow it down

iwannabeasupermodel

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2010, 11:51:54 pm »
mahal ba ako nung taong di ko mahal? if mahal niya ako, then i'd rather be with him kesa alone. more or less mamahalin ko din siya eventually.
#cantbuyclass

wickedorange

• Pizza, anyone?
  • GirlTalker
    • mudraka
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:12 pm »
would rather be alone or be with someone i truly love. anything less than that is insanity.

Perky!

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 11:27:59 pm »
lahat ba ng post dito single? hehe

id rather be alone din. why waste your time and his time? eventually magkaka emotional baggage din kaung parehas even if its one sided. Love yourself more na lang.. :D
BUFFY: What are you doing here?... Five words or less.

SPIKE: Out. For. A. Walk...... B!t*h

Bubblin'

• Your sweet panda and resident
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I'm soo CoCo....
    • >>>Belldandy Chronicles<<<
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2010, 12:23:49 am »
^am single sis.
I just realized I am not meant to be somebody's "someone" nor anyone's "The One";I am "The Only One" and I am meant for no one but "me,myself,and I".

I am the Black Swan.

lelaina17

• GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2010, 11:13:42 am »
@Perky!  happily committed, sis.  almost two years na.  :)
there now, steady love, so few come and don't go
will you, won't you be the one i'll always know
when i'm losing my control the city spins around
you're the only one who knows, you slow it down

princess_brat

• I am ur Princess...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I love being a Princess....
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »
i'd rather be alone that to spend my forever with someone that i don't love.  :((
Being a princess is  a whole lot of fun... i love it!!!

rox_cute

• GirlTalker
    • sweetmorninglight
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 12:16:46 pm »
single, sayang lang oras nyo pareho. at kawawa lang yung guy kung hindi mo naman pala mahal.. it's a good feeling being with someone pero if there's no love it's useless.. i think..

purple_maye

• Probationary
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2010, 02:10:49 pm »
OUCH.... i prepare to be ALONE rather than to be with the with the guy na hindi ko naman mahal... tama si rox_cute sasayangin nyo lang ang oras nyong dalawa kasi hindi naman maggrow un eh..

remember in a relationship it should GROW everyday.. mas ok nga kung oras oras eh.. you can feel it within yourself. and it has a give and take cases sa tingin mu kapag ayaw mu sa kanya mabibigyan mu ba cya?

princess_brat

• I am ur Princess...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I love being a Princess....
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2010, 02:07:01 am »
to be alone and single rather than to be stuck with someone that i don't love. it would be unfair to the both of us. a waste of time. being single doesn't mean you have to wallow in self pity. you can be happy if you want to. happiness is always a choice! :)
Being a princess is  a whole lot of fun... i love it!!!

ms.gemini

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2010, 05:13:31 pm »
 Being single is such a happy moment in our life... :)

anir

• I'm a smoker, melancholic, loner, painter, geek, executive secretary and a full time
  • GirlTalker
  • the woman... beyond the usual
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 09:51:27 am »
of course single... I actually tried that: get another guy to help me move on with previous love hang over... it doesn't work... and I felt sorry for him...

now I'm single and happy... There's no hurry in entering another romantic relationship simply because I felt alone or whatever... I am actually enjoying every moment of being single
woman with no regrets...

jem_pristine

• REAL
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • =D
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2010, 07:11:21 pm »
SINGLE! :-)
Don't want to waste time and effort with someone I dont love.

"Don't let the opinions of the average man sway you. Dream, and he thinks you're crazy. Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky. Acquire wealth, and he thinks you're greedy. Pay no attention. He simply doesn't understand."

thamei

• GirlTalker
  • so in love with my baby ♥ thank God for my Boots♥
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 10:27:44 am »
I'd rather be single than be with someone I don't love, it will be unfair to both parties anyway.
"Not all of us have to possess earthshaking talent. Just common sense and love will do."
-- Myrtle Auvil

skysenshi

• Kikay Geek
  • I carry soy sauce with me all the time.
    • Skysenshi: A Kikay Geek's Hobby Blog
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2010, 10:06:29 pm »
i'm happier now that i'm alone than when i was forcing myself into "fulfilling" relationships where the men love me more than i love them. hay. the damage i caused seem irreparable. hanggang ngayon i feel guilty about my exes, especially the 4th one.
Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun, wondering free, wish I could be...
(I'm an old GT member but original account got deleted due to inactivity. LOL.)
http://www.skysenshi.com

ravena

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2010, 10:31:18 pm »
haha. maglaro na lang kami ng playstation.
The key to succeeding in a relationship is not finding the right person; it's learning to love the person you found.

larxy

• Visit my blog:
  • GirlTalker
    • Pursuit of Nana
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2011, 11:23:09 pm »
Alone and single.
First, it will be unfair to the person if you are with him yet you don't love him. It will simply be too selfish in your part, and in the end you will  be miserable.
Second, what if the right one comes along while your in a relationship with someone you don't really love.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
GIRLTalkers Talk about Shifting Careers in Their 30s
Before you take the big career shift, get some pointers from our GIRLTalkers who faced the career crossroads.
The Top 10 Legs in Local Showbiz
We round up the sexiest legs in local showbiz.
5 Quick Ways to Get Rid of Post-Bakasyon Blues
Get yourself out of bed and out the door.
FNites! What Reminds You of Summer?
Send us a photo and we might feature it on the website!
5 Ways to Reflect and Meditate When You’re Time-Bound
Whether you have five minutes or five days, a breather from all the deadlines and meetings will do you good.