Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 23 SEP 14
Traveling with baby at high altitudes (on an airplane or going through mountains)? Give him water to drink; swallowing will help him pop his ears.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Dating Someone na Hindi Pinoy --- Share Experiences  (Read 55096 times)

snikity

• GirlTalker
Re: Dating Someone na Hindi Pinoy --- Share Experiences
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2010, 10:48:44 AM »
well...
one thing ive learned is that in dating someone na hindi pinoy is that its an adventure everyday kasi hindi mo alam ang culture ng partner mo eh...

walang anniversary...walang anything. hindi mo talaga alam. kaya themissingx have fun lang...

ano bang issues? baka i can help.  :D

themissingx

• A blog about my duh love life, singlehood and heartbreaks. Follow my blog, comment or share your own stories and insights. :)
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:41 PM »
^ Thanks!  Kaso off-topic na ata?

but to answer your question, here are my issues:
1. Age gap, he's 33 and I'm 21.
2. He works at the uni I go to. Yep, we're looking at a staff-student relationship here.
3. I believe he hasn't completely moved on yet, from his last break up which was 10 months ago (with another filipina whom he's been with for like 3 years).
4. He's got a kid, but not married. The mother of the kid is not the pinay, but his ex before her.
 :o

WHEW. complicated huh.
A blog about my duh love life, singlehood and heartbreaks. Follow my blog, comment or share your own stories and insights. :)

http://www.themissingx.blogspot.com

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2010, 08:44:59 AM »
^ Wow sis, it's a little bit complicated nga. Sa Sydney rin ba kayo naka-base ngayon? May kilala kasi ako na very similar situation (she's my friend) who studied in Sydney and medyo nahirapan din siya mag-adjust. What makes you say naman na he hasn't moved on from the ex? For me kasi, out of all the issues you named, that could be the biggest. Mahirap kasi to be with someone who may still have feelings for someone else.

themissingx

• A blog about my duh love life, singlehood and heartbreaks. Follow my blog, comment or share your own stories and insights. :)
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
^ Wow sis, it's a little bit complicated nga. Sa Sydney rin ba kayo naka-base ngayon? May kilala kasi ako na very similar situation (she's my friend) who studied in Sydney and medyo nahirapan din siya mag-adjust. What makes you say naman na he hasn't moved on from the ex? For me kasi, out of all the issues you named, that could be the biggest. Mahirap kasi to be with someone who may still have feelings for someone else.

No, hindi ako sa Sydney sis. Sa SA ako. :-) And that's true, may phobia na ata ako from guys who cant get over their last exes kasi may past na akong ganun, na bumalik lang sa ex. I hate the feeling na parang nakikipag-compete ka sa ex. Anyways,I feel that way kasi he tend to mention his ex randomly sa casual conversations namin. Which is a bit awkward for me, and makes me feel uncomfy din.
A blog about my duh love life, singlehood and heartbreaks. Follow my blog, comment or share your own stories and insights. :)

http://www.themissingx.blogspot.com

Romina

• Olivia's (woof!) mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2010, 04:32:57 AM »
im dating this white guy from work.. been together for 3 months and already asked me to move in with him. i dont want to tho. i just keep making excuses like it's against my religion ( as if). ayoko lang talaga, and hindi nya magets kung bakit. kasi i want my own privacy and i dont see my self with him forever. :D he's very sweet tho. pag off namin, he'd jump up my front door tapos he'll stay at my apt the whole freakin day, cook, makipaglampungan, etc. or go driving, kahit san lang mapadpad.
Paleolithic lifestyle :)

Cute_love

• Probationary
  • Okay sa alright!
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »
 ;) Right now I'm dating someone who is not a Pinoy....At first mahirap talaga kasi hindi mo alam ang good manners and bad manners for them...So the first thing I did is tinanong ko siya about sa country nila....I try to explore his country and him through his words and sooner or later I cope up with it...

And then after knowing him and his culture I introduce him our culture...para give and take....

And now that we are together..I'm happy na he understands what are filipinos like and I understand him din naman....

snikity

• GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2010, 08:46:10 AM »
yeah...
ang saya diba
kasio everyday is new to you.
parang araw araw may bago kang matututunan about him and his background.

biatchbutcute

• Probationary
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2010, 02:22:10 AM »
girls i have a question.. i have turned down some foreigner suitors before kasi medyo nahihiya ako, they usually tag you as "longkatuts".. (mukhang katulong) pag pumatol ka sa mga foreigners.. i know naman na it's not true na they're just teasing me kaya lan i must admit affected ako.. pano nyo naovercome yun ganyan feeling?  ;D

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2010, 07:20:23 AM »
magpaganda ka ng magpaganda.. 'yung tipong hindi ka talaga mapagkakamalang "longkatuts". dress in style and trendy but classy clothing. ako kasi sa US located so hindi ko pinoproblema yan masyado.

saka, i tend to go out with guys who are around my age range (23-28) kasi pag matanda ang ka-date mo dun ka najujudge-an.
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

lesters_gal

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2010, 06:38:05 PM »
Ako sis I dated chinese,korean and italian.never pumasok sa isip ko na yung "lungkatuts" na sinasabi ng iba kasi maganda naman ako.LOL.chaka dapat confident ka when your dating a foreigner.wag mo isipin yung sasabihin ng ibang tao.just be yourself sis.goodluck.
~dOnT hAtE mE bEcAusE im bEaUtifuL~

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 11:08:40 PM »
^^ Don't know, never really cared what anyone else thinks. If you're happy and you know who you are (i.e. you're an independent, educated woman and not a "maid"), then why should much else matter? As they say, life's short. :)

onefineapril

• ng dahil sa PBB Double Up... ako ay naging isang....
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »
hi sisses! i've been absent from this thread for a looooonngggg time.... :)
naging busy sa PBB Double Up thread saka wala na rin naman akong ise-share... LOL... until something happened last week.....

i met this foreigner guy from work during a project meeting... bale 2 weeks lang sya dito to conduct a training... after the 2nd day of meeting... i added him on fb... yes.. i got attracted to him the first time  i met him.. gwapo e! LOL!!!

to cut the 3-day story short, after a day of exchanging emails, we went out... had a few drinks... and i must say we really got along :)... mga common interests, mga pananaw sa buhay... though hindi naman naging malalim ang naging topic ng discussion namin.... pero nag-jive naman kami....

actually, the first time he asked me out.... ituturn down ko sana... kaya lang when i learned na aalis na sya ng saturday and matagal pa bago babalik, so hindi na ko nagpakipot hehe... sayang naman e LOL!!!

friday night out kami... until around 4AM ng saturday... as in nasa bar lang kami... kwentuhan.... tawanan... and yes... we kissed.. we held hands... but he remained a gentlemen, which i never expected.... since foreigner.. alam nyo na....nagpaalam pa nga bago ako halikan e hehe... and he never touched me anywhere else but hands and face....

he asked me if i wanted to go to his place but i refused... he never asked why.... :)... nagkanya-kanya kami pauwi....

i thought hindi na sya magpaparamdam nun.... pero he texted me last saturday as soon as he woke up.... nagpasama to buy some souvenirs since uuwi na sya on that night.... sinamahan ko sya... after shopping, tumambay lang kami sa isang coffee shop for 3 hrs.... nagpatay lang ng oras bago ang flight nya....

he was nice.... gentleman... eto.... tuloy pa rin ang communication namin thru email... i just hope that this will blossom into something romantic... though i'm praying for it, at the back of my mind, i'm not expecting... mahirap na e.. baka masaktan na naman ako... :(

i just live one day at a time.. not pushing things too hard... go with the flow lang.. but this time, i am more careful... nadala na ko sa una e... :)

just sharing lang...... :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 08:03:47 PM by onefineapril »

alexyze

« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2010, 01:31:01 AM »
^onefineapril, kulit naman ng story mo. :-)

the engligh guy im dating is the same. he ll hold my hand, hug and kiss, pero not in the lips.. ako nalang nauna..

the american guy i dated nagpaalam nga muna ren bago mag kiss..

and yes, i found it gentleman-ners..

goodluck

onefineapril

• ng dahil sa PBB Double Up... ako ay naging isang....
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2010, 09:50:37 PM »
^thanks, sis!

first time ko kasing makipag-date sa foreigner e.... tapos ilang days pa lang kaming magkakilala... good thing nasa isang company kami kaya medyo alam ko ang background nya... :)

and i must admit, i have this perception sa mga foreigners, lalo na sa mga europeans na alam nyo na... na s*x lang ang hanap... though hindi naman lahat ganun... pero wala lang... ganun na agad ang isip ko hehe....

though tama naman ako based on my first experience with a foreigner... kasi ayain ba naman ako sa hotel nya... so malamang ganun na nga ang ending nun, right?  pero good thing is, hindi na sya nag-insist when i said "NO".... plus.. hindi ko naramdamang nag take advanatage sya sa kin the whole 2 nights that we were together....  kumbaga, hindi nanantsing hehe.....

nikoy_air

« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2010, 12:32:24 PM »
hi! question lang and possibly mga tips... has any of you been introduced to the parents? kasi the guy i'm seeing will be introducing me to his mom and aunt. they will be in manila for holidays. i'm excited but nervous at the same time bacause i don't know how they'll take the intercultural relationship.

help me out naman.. i'll super appreciate any inputs from you :-)
"A little bruised, a little humbled and hopefully a little smarter."

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2010, 12:42:47 PM »
naninibago talaga ako sa mga foreigner. baligtad na baligtad sa mga filipino na naka-date ko. pag pinoy kasi, everyday may text, malambing pag-private pero pag in public walang PDA. pag american naman, affectionate in public.. pero pag text eh minsan lilipas ang 1-2 days na walang text. wtf right? baligtad!

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »
^ That's cause they expect you to have your own life, independence, and freedom, the same way they do :) For me, maganda nga yun eh. Walang nasasakal and you have a lot of things to update each other on when you DO text/talk/see each other. Kaysa sa Pinoy, laging dikit na nagiging routine na. :P

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2010, 09:29:09 PM »
normal din ba na kapag nag-away kau eh ndi ka aamuin? mag-sosorry lang sya then he expects everything to be back to normal? nag-away kami ng fri evening thru text. nagsorry sya thru text. then i havent heard from him sat & sun. ganun lang ba un?

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2010, 10:48:21 PM »
^Hmm. I guess depende sa sitwasyon sis. Hindi mahilig sa drama ang westerners eh, although depende rin sa kasalanan nya. Kung medyo mabigat din naman ang atraso niya he should apologize in person pa rin. Wala na sa ligawan yan, common courtesy na 'to. Kung away na pag-iinarte lang, less likely na amuin ka nila unlike ang Pinoy na sasakay lang. At saka di nila maintindihan ang konsepto ng tampo. It's pretty much wasted on them lol.

@nikoy_air - siguro sinwerte lang ako pero i found western parents very chill. Mas tricky pang pakiramdaman pag ibang asian ang parents.

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2010, 03:33:56 AM »
^nakalimutan niya [textspeak!] movie date namin friday night. nagsorry lang sya sa text sabi nakatulog daw sya. sabi ko he needs to make up for it. tapos ndi pa rin nagrereply up to now. ano ba ang mga atraso na i can consider as major?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.