Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 03 SEP 14
When you read the newspaper in the morning, check out the funnies too--they'll put a smile on your face before you head for work.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Dating Someone na Hindi Pinoy --- Share Experiences  (Read 54612 times)

snikity

• GirlTalker
Dating Someone na Hindi Pinoy --- Share Experiences
« on: January 25, 2010, 01:40:13 PM »
hi! im currently dating someone whi is not pinoy...
i need your inputs.

he is french and he is 3 years yonger than me..

ano ba ang do's and don'ts?

help!

evilfreak

• Yoana
  • GirlTalker
    • http://www.friendster.com/dumbfound
Re: Dating Someone na Hindi Pinoy --- Share Experiences
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:52:35 AM »
there arent any do's and dont's.. just be yourself.. let him love you for who you are. i have a foreigner bf too. he is a saudi. we've been together (not literally) for 7 months now and so far it is getting better..there may be times you both can't understand each other but its just a matter of give and take.i try to understand him, he does the same.

good luck na lang sis!
not ur ordinary gurl...

kolokay

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:37:26 AM »
I agree with evilfreak. I used to date a foreign guy (from NZ) he was nice, enjoyed each others company. Tried to know him more especially their culture. We became friends coz I need to go back in the Phils. coz both of us doesn't want to have a long distance relationship. I hope you'll have a great love story! Goodluck! ;)

evilfreak

• Yoana
  • GirlTalker
    • http://www.friendster.com/dumbfound
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 06:40:20 PM »
try to learn about their culture, language, etc.. You will see on how happy he would be if he sees that you are interested.

I have been only staying here in Saudi Arabia for 10 months and so far, I can already converse in Arabic. But when we are talking to each other, we talk in English.

Its just amazing that as you try to get to know a person, you both learn new things from each other everyday. He is the quiet type of guy. does'nt talk much. he is not very expressive but he makes sure that I know that he cares for me and loves me. We have alot of misunderstandings which is normal but we try to resolve them.

Just try to enjoy..take things slowly..
not ur ordinary gurl...

snikity

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 06:02:56 AM »
thanks mga sis.
im just really scared kasi all my life pinoy lang ang na-date ko. well, may korean pero parang pinoy din kasi dahil pareho kaming asian.

ang hirap lang kasi paminsan may mga gusto kang sabihin pero kailangan mo pa i-english kaya nevermind na lang.

cherub.rock

• Junior GirlTalker
  • nobody's baby!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 10:56:05 PM »
^haha.. natawa naman ako dito. ok lang yan sis.. work on your english by watching more foreign shows.. especially talk shows.

ako i never experienced dating a foreigner pero it sounds fun. for me it's challenging and you get to learn a lot of new things, especially sa culture and ways nila. i am an open-minded person naman but compatibility is still a very big factor for me to consider. with regards to speaking english all the time, it may seem tiring but i kind of enjoy it. just learn, learn, learn. and of course, be yourself! =)

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »
i guess it would also depend on where you are dating him. are u dating sa pilipinas or sa france? kasi if sa pinas, most likely he would get to know more about our culture and try to do it the filipino way kapag sa france ikaw ang mag-aadjust.

i've dated americans in the past. sa US ang location ko. ang gusto ko lang, after 3 dates tapos ayaw mo na ayos lang sabihin sa kanila, "i don't think this is working out" wala nang excuses un lang. tapos gets na nila.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:50:04 AM by luisacart »
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

snikity

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 07:39:55 AM »
^ we're here in sydney. dito kami nag meet.
so far so good naman kami. and the great thing is kahit di kami pareho ng native tongue...tawa lang kami ng tawa parati. he must really be funny. im teaching him filipino. and he's teaching me french. ang saya saya!!!

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • proud mom to four doggies :-)
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »
i dated an american guy here in manila a couple of years back. okay naman. he was way, way older than me so medyo weird for some people around me. parang they thought it looked... off?

anyway, he was funny naman and since he lives here, sya nga ang nag-adjust sa filipino life. it was a good experience kasi with him i had to deal with some issues like whether i was gonna be ready to go to bed with him after 3 dates (i didnt) and how to manage my parents (we never got to the meet the parents type and hindi naman ako nagdemand na magligaw sya sa bahay talaga in the beginning).
arf! arf! woof! woof!

sheluvsmemon

• Junior GirlTalker
  • A princess without a prince
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 04:42:05 AM »
i've dated a brit a year ago and i've enjoyed it so much, they are straight forward and wlang kiyeme...fun din to learn new stuff and their culture...
you just have to be yourself but understand that you came from different background.
Anyway, i will have my first taste of dating an NZ national this saturday.
Life is all about choices...

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 05:33:46 AM »
@sistah: i dont sleep with anyone until i get a commitment from them w/c usually happens after 2-3 months of dating. a commitment means we would be exclusively dating.

tinnnnn076

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 02:21:30 AM »
I had an egyptian bf before. he's handsome, intelligent (he's a doctor), very nice and very loving. he's perfect...after the breakup, i think i lost my interest in dating filipino guys...kasi parang ang dami ko nang nakarelasyon na filipinos eh, tapos parang wala naman silang pinagkaiba sa isat isa...well sa itsura iba siyempre..

amber_81

• GirlTalker
    • Get Paid to Read and Rate
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2010, 02:55:24 AM »
i've dated a brit a year ago and i've enjoyed it so much, they are straight forward and wlang kiyeme...fun din to learn new stuff and their culture...
you just have to be yourself but understand that you came from different background.
Anyway, i will have my first taste of dating an NZ national this saturday.

I also dated a brit once, and i agree with sis sheluvsmemon. its fun but us filipinas (some) gets too attached easily. what i learned is not to get too attached too fast as they have a different culture from us.

wow sis, may co-incidence ba to? :P i'm actually dating a guy from NZ for a month now... hmmmm, hehe! share mo naman yan baka pareho pala tayo ng dine-date!!! hahah! joke lang po! :P
Get paid to read and rate articles online. If you love to read blogs and articles online you deserve to be rewarded! Joining is FREE so take advantage. SIGN UP through these links:

http://www.readbud.com/?ref=4245208

www.myLot.com?ref=mcbautista81

alexyze

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »
im dating an english guy too..
though i have dated several foreign guys but not a british.
and i dont know what really they are like.

i find them sweet when they are around but not really the type who calls or text everyday... and us filipinos are used to that kind of set up where we always need to feel them everyday otherwise, we ll think they are not interested.

mind sharing your experiences ladies?

amber_81

• GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2010, 08:25:21 PM »
i find them sweet when they are around but not really the type who calls or text everyday... and us filipinos are used to that kind of set up where we always need to feel them everyday otherwise, we ll think they are not interested.

hehe yan ang dilemma ko ngayon! grrrr... he's away on vacation at the moment, nasa NZ sya, when he was here in Dubai he calls and text me all day long. Now he's in NZ, he only sends me one text a day kasi nga malaki ang time difference saka matagal syang di nakauwi sa kanila :( hindi ako sanay so napa-paranoid ako!

although i understand na iba sila sa mga filipino guys, pakiramdam ko pa rin parang di na sya ganon ka-interesado sakin :( although he tells me naman na wala akong dapat ipag-alala while he's away, di ko pa rin mapigilan mag-isip!

patience at trust lang talaga ang kailangan...
Get paid to read and rate articles online. If you love to read blogs and articles online you deserve to be rewarded! Joining is FREE so take advantage. SIGN UP through these links:

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2010, 10:38:27 AM »
I've dated Aussies, Kiwis, Germans, briefly an American and French. I liked the Aussies the most because while they were different from me (looks-wise, which I found attractive, not to mention the sexy accent), a big part of their culture reminded me of our own. They're family-oriented compared to a lot of other Western nationalities, they're hospitable and nice/open (or at least tolerant) to people of different backgrounds, etc. It was easy to spend time with them.

As for the Germans, in my experience, they're not as sweet/romantic/malambing as I want them to be. I assume that's just their culture.

But of course, it's not good to generalize. At the end of the day, mostly nasa-tao pa rin yan. These are all based on my experiences and observations lang. :)

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »
meron ba ditong actively dating sa USA? i need advice kasi i'm actively dating kaso medyo nalilito sa culture ng dating nila. i was told that there are "rules" for dating, such as do not call the guy in 3days, pretend you're not interested even if you really are, etc. are these rules necessary talaga? i think it's just really confusing. how can you tell if a guy is not really interested?

amber_81

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2010, 07:49:58 PM »
meron ba ditong actively dating sa USA? i need advice kasi i'm actively dating kaso medyo nalilito sa culture ng dating nila. i was told that there are "rules" for dating, such as do not call the guy in 3days, pretend you're not interested even if you really are, etc. are these rules necessary talaga? i think it's just really confusing. how can you tell if a guy is not really interested?

hmmm, mukang kailangan ko rin to... share naman mga sis, ano nga ba ang rules when dating a western or european guy?

summersong

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »
I actually liked dating non-Pinoys more. They're more independent and more upfront on what they want. They don't keep you guessing as much as Pinoys usually do.

They have a more casual approach to dating. That can be a plus or not. At the same time more serious when it comes to relationships.

They can be romantic too while not as cheesy/mushy compared to Pinoys. At least they don't attempt to carry your handbag while you're out on a date or whatever. Ew.

Westerners, at least the ones I dated, don't say I love you unless they meant it. "I love you" is a pretty big sentence for them. Unlike Pinoys na pumoporma pa lang sa 'yo umuulan na ng I love you. lol.

Don't get too attached while you're just dating. Pinays I've heard have a tendency to be too clingy, and too jealous. Just be your cool sexy self. That's what probably attracted them to you in the first place. ;)

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2010, 02:04:49 PM »
@amber_81: I dunno how dating works in europe. pero dito sa US, from what I understand, a BF means you're exclusively dating and if you fall in love with him, great!, if not, then you break up. i tried casual dating for a short period of time but i didn't like it. nakakalito. wala sa personality ko ang manlalaki ng madami. lol

ang gusto ko malaman dito, prankahan na ha, is what is allowed and what is not. first kiss on the first date? sex on the 9th? how does dating work if u met someone online? how does it work if you're dating a co-worker? uso ba ang pakipot dito or will that send a mix signal? i wanna know what the rules are because i don't want to make mistakes.

@summersong: natawa ako dun sa sinabi mo na Filipinos carry our bags. The last guy I dated for 3 months was a Filipino and he carried my purse, too. natawa nga ako kasi matagal nang walang nagbubuhat ng bag ko. lol san ka loc, sis? sa US din ba? I've been actively dating for a year na. As in puro date lang. I don't know how to proceed to the next stage.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 02:21:40 PM by luisacart »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.