Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: How much does a trip to Paris cost?  (Read 82793 times)

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2011, 07:39:59 PM »
^That's the very reason I DIY my trips. Budget and time ko sunod ko. But since that's a school thing syempre wala magagawa pinsan mo since it's a packaged tour.

:)

FOURever

• My username does not fit me anymore :X
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Anything could happen.
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2011, 08:18:20 PM »
Someday. Someday makakapunta rin ako sa Paris. Haha
I like games well played :)

pretinnes

• It’s a blessing in the Sky to be a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2011, 03:43:19 AM »
dream ko din makapunta dito. for honeymoon kaya?  ;)
Been there been that, come, lets join us.

phurple0515

• your bitchy, sweety, ironic, down-to-earth (",)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2011, 06:21:56 AM »
sige mga sis, mangarap muna tayo, hehhee....unahin ko muna Asia.  Pinas nga Bohol pa lang ata malayong napuntahan ko :P
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

prettymom

• the best is yet to come...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i am a wife and a mom, but i am also my own woman!
    • jingmt.multiply
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »
^mama squeak: thanks a lot:) very helpful info indeed :)
Btw, where was your apartment located? Where is the center btw? TIA
Mas na- excite ako :)
2025 is when we expect to experience WATER SHORTAGE...how young will our children then be? ACT NOW! PLS. TAKE CARE OUR EARTH, WE ONLY HAVE 1!

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2011, 07:54:51 PM »
^sis, if one will be strict about it the center of Paris is at kilometer zero at the square in front of Notre Dame Cathedral. This is where all distances in France are measured. If what you're asking is central Paris, that would be arrondissements (districts) 1 to 7. This is where most of the tourist sights are located.

The apartment we rented was at the 1ere arrondissement (1st district). Good location as it was in a pedestrian area surrounded by shops and restaurants.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:24:41 PM by mama squeak! »

prettymom

• the best is yet to come...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i am a wife and a mom, but i am also my own woman!
    • jingmt.multiply
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 06:30:01 AM »
Oh thanks a lot sis :)
2025 is when we expect to experience WATER SHORTAGE...how young will our children then be? ACT NOW! PLS. TAKE CARE OUR EARTH, WE ONLY HAVE 1!

serendipity1800

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 09:18:33 PM »
^sis, if one will be strict about it the center of Paris is at kilometer zero at the square in front of Notre Dame Cathedral. This is where all distances in France are measured. If what you're asking is central Paris, that would be arrondissements (districts) 1 to 7. This is where most of the tourist sights are located.

The apartment we rented was at the 4eme arrondissement (4th district) otherwise known as the Marais district. Good location as it was in a pedestrian area surrounded by shops and restaurants.

mama squeak, I wanna hit the LIKE button, naalala ko wala pala ko sa FB :) Just reading this thread coz wanna go to Paris too someday, I find your inputs precise..really helpful. Thanks much :)
"A thing of beauty is a joy forever" -John Keats

gumdrops26

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 07:13:05 PM »
We just came from Paris and I'm already planning on going back! Naiinggit ako kasi tumitingin tingin ako ng flights from Manila to CDG (Paris), mga $1.5k lang! Eh yun flight namin since nandito kami sa Australia, 2.7k agad per person!

Iniisip ko nga, punta na lang muna kaming Pinas tapos from Pinas to Paris... Nakauwi pa kami dyan ng libre :D pareho lang din gastos namin sa pamasahe
Although your secret stalking is on the psychotic side, I can't help but feel flattered. My life is awesome! :P :D :P

While you're talking behind my back, feel free to bend down and KISS my ass!

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »
^sis, mahal pa yan. Right now, CX and KLM are going for USD600 to 700 RT na! Lean season kasi during this time. Magmamahal na naman yan pagdating ng late May-June and onwards. I was telling hubby next trip namin, we'll schedule it ng March-April. Tamang tama pa-start ng spring.  Laking tipid sa airfare!

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 08:39:06 PM »
If you want a cheaper flight, try Air Asia.  I tried doing mock booking, a one way KL to Paris is only $221.  But you have to pay a lot of extras like the international meal and the 30 kilos baggage allowance.  When I tried adding the International meal plus 30 kilos baggage, all in for one way is $300.  So kung RT, it would only be just less than $600 which is cheaper as compared to other airlines.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9634/parisv.jpg

www.airasia.com
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:48:08 PM by xtine »

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2011, 10:32:07 PM »
^sis, okay yang price na yan if you're coming from KUL. But from MNL I still find the current promo fares of CX and KLM cheaper. Full service carrier pa.   :)

*dream*

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2011, 10:44:42 PM »
Iam a flight attendant and PARIS is really expensive. Even if u get hungry a cost of pancake is like 6 euro. Mineral water for .99c euro. If u are planning to stay there for one week with hotel. I guess 100,000 pesos will be enough.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:11 PM »
^Hi sis, I also work in the airline industry. Have been for the past 20++ years   :)  . I agree Paris is expensive but it's just a matter of knowing how to find the good deals para maka-save ka. If you backread you'll find a breakdown of my one week stay in the city of lights. Paris can be affordable too, you know   ;)

xtine

• Certified Jetsetter
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ...my next destination
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2011, 10:31:51 AM »
Actually, parang same lang sila ng San Francisco.  Mahal ang hotel at ang food.  Kelangan lang humanap ng good deals.  If one can afford a vacation sa SFO, then pati CDG maafford din. 

~ ka [3] na ~

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Stuffs For Sale
« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2011, 11:26:57 AM »
Airfare P50K to P80K we tried Emirates around $1,100 lang roundtrip sa amin

Wishlist:
Chanel GST
Chanel 2.55 flap bag
Hermes Birkin

freeswan

• I am the new superhero!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I am a beautiful swan
    • Swan Princess
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »
If you want a cheaper flight, try Air Asia.  I tried doing mock booking, a one way KL to Paris is only $221.  But you have to pay a lot of extras like the international meal and the 30 kilos baggage allowance.  When I tried adding the International meal plus 30 kilos baggage, all in for one way is $300.  So kung RT, it would only be just less than $600 which is cheaper as compared to other airlines.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/9634/parisv.jpg

www.airasia.com

sis, anong plane ng airasia going to Paris? Boeing ba?
I am happy. I am blessed. I feel loved. I am in love.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2011, 12:34:15 PM »
^A340 (Airbus 340)

mavhy

• Corporate slave and
  • Junior GirlTalker
    • Visit my world :)
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2011, 12:50:23 PM »
@mama squek! You are so helpfull, sobra! Makes me want to go to Paris. Maybe next year! ;)

Ano pala ang electric outlet sa Paris? Saan kayo bumili ng adaptor for phone/laptop kung nagdala kayo. tia! :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 01:00:27 PM by mavhy »

gumdrops26

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2011, 01:08:55 PM »
^the outlet is different so kelangan talaga ng adaptor... pero same lang yun adapter as other european countries.
Although your secret stalking is on the psychotic side, I can't help but feel flattered. My life is awesome! :P :D :P

While you're talking behind my back, feel free to bend down and KISS my ass!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.