Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 19 DEC 14
Want to look and feel beautiful? Spritz on a sexy scent on your pulse points for an instant confidence boost.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: How much does a trip to Paris cost?  (Read 85597 times)

amji

• GirlTalker
How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« on: January 21, 2010, 07:21:14 AM »
Hi! I'm thinking of a place to go for our honeymoon and I really want to see Paris. I have no idea how much a one-week-stay costs. Any of you have an idea? Please help. Thanks so much! :)
Forget regret or life is yours to miss.

carxs

• GirlTalker
Re: How much does a trip to Paris cost?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 01:22:30 PM »
hi sis.. you can see the rates from TRAFALGAR, COSMOS OR GLOBUS, then pwede kang magpa-arrange from your travel agent. Sa ngayon merong cost saver package ang trafalgar. Then yun sa airline better use the Singapore Airlines kasi may mga promo sila na may  :) :)
Hi! I'm thinking of a place to go for our honeymoon and I really want to see Paris. I have no idea how much a one-week-stay costs. Any of you have an idea? Please help. Thanks so much! :)
Maghanap..gumastos..magplano at mag-enjoy. Yang ang ugali na dapat meron ang isang taong mahilig gumala at pumunta kung saan saan.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 02:35:27 PM »
It all depends. You can save a lot in hotels if you'll be going in August (summer) and from Jan-Feb (winter). Airfares are generally cheaper during these periods too as these are the lean months. While Spring and end Sep to Oct are the peak season in Paris. 

:)

cher.liman

• verdadera muneca
  • Super GirlTalker
  • NATABUNAN NG PM!
    • Word for the World
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 09:09:22 AM »
any idea where to stay for long periods? i might have to go there to study...

doc_quincy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
Your options are to get a travel package:

A travel package can be as low as 2000 USD for a week stay in Paris (no food with 2 sight seeing) To give you a break down of costs.

Schengen Visa P3500
Insurance P1800
Fare 1300USD
Hotel for 2 100 Euros a night (50/head) x 7
Food 100 euros a day x 7
Sight seeing 80 euros a day
Metro Card for a week 30 euros
Train from CDG Airport to the city 24 euros
That's about P155000 per head.

Other days don't go to museums, just simply walk around. Go to Sacre Coeur, Montmartre, Moulin Rouge the Operas for free. Don't take the cab as they are mighty expensive.

I spent some time in Paris that's why I know. Also learn a bit of French.

For long term stay, you can check http://paris.en.craigslist.org/apa/.

Bon vacances!

"A man's got to do what a man's got to do. A woman must do what he can't."

kittypowerranger

• Tupaking Kikay'
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »
geez :o mahal naman pala
"Quod me netrit me destruit" meaning, "What nourishes me also destroys me."

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 08:28:58 PM »
^^You can still save more if you do the ff:

1.) Rent an apartment instead of booking a hotel. For our trip next month, hubby and I have rented an apartment at the 1ere arr. for EUR80/nite. The farther from the center, the cheaper. Since the stay will be a week, one can afford to take a bit of time commuting via the metro. I've seen apartments from the 9th to 20th arr. going for EUR 300-400/week. What's great pa with this arrangement, kumpleto gamit. So, one can cook and save a bit.

2.) Buy the Paris Museum Pass. It comes in 2, 4 and 6 day passes. For a week's stay get the 4 day pass at EUR48/pax. It definitely saves you entry fees and the time queueing up to buy tickets.

3.) Buy the Paris Visite Travel card. This is good for travel in the metro, RER, bus and tram. It comes in 1, 2, 3 and 5 days. Then for the remaining days just purchase a carnet of 10 tickets. The travel card also gives one discount on some museums/sights not covered by the Paris Museum pass.

4.) Take the RER from the airport to the city and back. One way fare is EUR8.50/pax. So a round trip ticket for two comes out to EUR34.00

So, for two persons staying in Paris for a week excluding the airfares, visa fees and shopping one can spend EUR800-900 or roughly USD900-1000.00

prettymom

• the best is yet to come...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i am a wife and a mom, but i am also my own woman!
    • jingmt.multiply
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 11:29:43 PM »
^ wow that's affordable sis. Will plan for that and hope I could also find an apt like that. Send me nman the details:) thanks
2025 is when we expect to experience WATER SHORTAGE...how young will our children then be? ACT NOW! PLS. TAKE CARE OUR EARTH, WE ONLY HAVE 1!

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »
^sis there are a lot of websites catering to long stays. You can easily search the net. For the place we rented, I'll recommend it after our stay na lang para meron kang first hand info.

prettymom

• the best is yet to come...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i am a wife and a mom, but i am also my own woman!
    • jingmt.multiply
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 09:24:31 PM »
^ thanks sis:) pls share us the feedback:) enjoy ur trip!
2025 is when we expect to experience WATER SHORTAGE...how young will our children then be? ACT NOW! PLS. TAKE CARE OUR EARTH, WE ONLY HAVE 1!

betty

• happy, enthusiastic, energetic
  • Super GirlTalker
    • my store
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 10:22:04 PM »
wow sarap naman, sige 2 years from now sana masched ko yan hahaha

xtine1210

• Junior GirlTalker
  • "Just an ordinary girl with a complicated life."
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 12:03:34 PM »
oooooohhh!!!I want to go to Paris too! :)

sweetubeng

• love to travel , shop, eat, read and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • without God life makes no sense.
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 02:56:10 PM »
yey! kasama na sa paris ang list ko sa mga pupuntahan ko hopefully early next year. goodluck sa budget ;)
Jeremiah 29:11 says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

LIVE A LIFE that pleases GOD... not People.

a_y_e_n

• I'm on PMS (Purchasing More Shoes) mode. i love being a newbie mommy and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • a girl can never have too many shoes!
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 03:33:09 PM »
wow sarap naman ng honeymoon sa paris! :) goodluck sis!
there once was a little girl who never knew love until a boy broke her HEART
http://kerenkeng.blogspot.com/
http://mylomolove.blogspot.com/

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 01:14:12 AM »
^Sis, I'm back in Paris now and EUR100/day per person for food is too expensive. You can get by on EUR50/day per person minsan tipid pa pag di ka malakas kumain kasi most of their servings are huge so you can share.

For breakfast if you're on a tight budget the cheapest breakfast you can have na busog-busog ka is at Mcdonalds at EUR6/breakfast set menu per person. But kung di mo feel McDo, buy the traditional baguette at EUR0.85/pc then bili ka na lang ng palaman mo butter or jam. One baguette pwede na dalawang tao kasi its big and heavy. There are also lots of places selling paninis and baguette sandwiches at EUR5-7/pc. I tell you one pc super busog ka na.

For lunch or dinner, a typical Parisienne cafe/restaurant (mid-range) serve set menus or "formules". Meaning 1 appetiser + 1 main course, ranging from EUR14-18 for lunch and EUR18-24 for dinner. Add up ka na lang if you want dessert and drinks.

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 07:44:07 AM »
mama squeak, plan namin next year gawing base ang Paris then train train nalang going to other places like London, Italy etc. possible ba yon? like unang bagsak namin Paris then 2 days London ganyan then sa end ng trip, back to Paris ulit.

kasi may time share family ng fiance ko kaya gagamitin sana namin hotel ay based sa Paris para hindi na kami magbabayad.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 01:34:44 AM »
^It's so easy to take the trains here in Europe. Basta marunong ka lang magbasa no hassle whatsoever. Tip lang, travel light kasi ang hirap mag akyat-baba ng gamit and depending on the class of service on the train you'll be getting yung luggage space can be pretty limited.

Yui_21

• GirlTalker
  • simple gal
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 06:46:03 PM »
pasali po...:D
balik din namin kasi maghoneymoon sa Paris kaso parang masyado pang mahal for us...:p
siguro for our 1st year anniversary na lang namin...pero keep the ideas (and amount) coming para pag magpplan na kami my idea na kami...:)

Thanks sisses!
love me OR hate me?

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2010, 04:30:34 PM »
^ wow that's affordable sis. Will plan for that and hope I could also find an apt like that. Send me nman the details:) thanks

Hi sis! Just to let you know we had a wonderful stay at the apartment we rented in Paris. It was small and basic but it had all the things we needed, centrally located (lots of restos and shops around the area), cheap and with wifi pa. Check this website:

www.airbnb.com

After you've checked it out PM for the details.

mama squeak!

• Board Moderator
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »
Okay so here's the breakdown of our week in Paris (25Sep-01Oct) not including the shopping.

Apartment (25-30Sep)       EUR385,00
CDG Hotel (30Sep-01Oct)  EUR70,00 (staff discount)

Paris Visite Pass for 5 days zones 1-3  EUR28,90/person
(good for the Metro/RER/Bus and it gives discount to some of the museums not covered by the Paris Museum Pass)

RER B train from Paris to CDG            EUR8,50/person

Meals   EUR22-25/person a day
Typical fare: Breakfast  EUR0,85/baguette good for two
                                   EUR1,00/butter good for a week
                                   EUR1,50/jam good for a week
                                   EUR2,00/cream cheese good for a week
                   Lunch    EUR6,00/person (formule) sandwich + drinks 
                   Dinner   EUR6-10/person (formule) main dish + drinks

Groceries =  EUR25,00 for the week
                      Mineral Water  EUR1,00/1 liter
                      Coke EUR2,00/1 liter
                      Beer  EUR2-3/liter
                      Fruits EUR1-4/6-7 pieces   
                      Coffee  EUR3,00/500gms

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.