Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 21 OCT 14
Going swimsuit shopping? If you have wide shoulders, play up your torso with colorful bikini bottoms. A square neckline will also do wonders for your upper
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Zumba  (Read 115057 times)

mamapeew

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I love my baby!!
Re: Zumba
« Reply #280 on: March 28, 2012, 11:03:32 PM »
^^ I bet that is the one in Barrington Place. 350 per class if I recall it right.

Is the Barrington place the new building with McDonalds at the ground floor? Saan po doon ang Zumba classes? I'm interested to enroll. Worried kasi ako na baka maraming tao na sa Gold's gym sa munoz and sobrang mahal naman sa Fitness First. Please let me know.
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~Frederick Douglass

hazelbrown_7

• GirlTalker
  • I am healed by God
    • Organic Skin Care
« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2012, 11:09:19 AM »
I'm also from Imus sis. =) Pero sa Alapan kami. Saan yung studio sis and pano pumunta dun?
[/quote

Sis, hindi ko po alam ang Alapan... From Rob Imus, sakay ka [textspeak!] green na cab papunta pag-asa... sabihin mo sa driver ibaba ka sa citta italia... pwede mo na rin lakarin from gate to clubhouse, malapit lang naman... nasa clubhouse yung fitness hub gym.

OD

• Super GirlTalker
  • Registered seller #351
« Reply #282 on: April 02, 2012, 07:40:49 AM »
^^ yes. it's at the 3rd floor if i remember correctly. the place is Dansparks or Danzparkz. Hirap lang sa parking esply in the evening and they dont hold classes later than 8PM pa naman. In my case, I find it much more engaging if the class is jampacked. Talagang parang zumba fest :D
"People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care."

mamapeew

• Junior GirlTalker
  • I love my baby!!
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2012, 08:18:53 AM »
^ I used to go to slimmer's kasi before for aero. Limited ang slots so I have to sign up 2 to 3 hours before minsan di na ako umaabot kasi yung mga oldies na nage-aero naka-sign up na kahit wala pa sila so I end up lifting weights and doing cardio na lang. Ngayon I just want to "zumba". hehe.. That's why I asked kung maraming tao baka limited din ang slots. :(
"It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men." ~Frederick Douglass

g-shock

• GirlTalker
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2012, 02:53:17 PM »
dance movement studio at shaw blvd will open on april 10 daw... me and my office mates want to try out their zumba... sana pumayat ako dito  ;D

sue323

• Super GirlTalker
    • Sue's Gallery
« Reply #285 on: April 04, 2012, 01:38:59 AM »
I find it much more engaging if the class is jampacked. Talagang parang zumba fest :D

Right! Iba level ng energy. Kaya lang sa Gold's minsan nagkakabungguan pag maraming nag aattend. Isang beses yung nasa row ko humagis ang sapatos :-)

mystar

• Probationary
« Reply #286 on: April 04, 2012, 11:12:52 AM »
im also interested to try zumba! do you know any good studios in makati or fort bonifacio?  :)
thanks guys!

poligals

• GirlTalker
« Reply #287 on: April 04, 2012, 11:34:23 PM »
If I were to download/buy Zumba, which of the many titles do I get?

sue323

• Super GirlTalker
    • Sue's Gallery
« Reply #288 on: April 05, 2012, 03:51:41 AM »
^Cardio party and Exhilarate

seven82

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:21 PM »
peak performance will open a branch in Binondo.  :) they also have zumba classes. excited to try this.  :D
Keep Moving Forward!

- Walt Dsiney

mitchiekyuti

• Probationary
« Reply #290 on: April 07, 2012, 10:20:34 PM »
Zumba is a super fun workout! 1 hour zumba can burn up to 500 caories depending on how you move your body. The more effort you exert the more calories you burn. That's what our zumba instructor told us before.  I love Zumba!:)

mommamymy!

• RND, Underwriter, Super Wife, Newbie Mum.
  • GirlTalker
  • Happily married, enjoying mommyhood.
    • MOMMA MYMY
« Reply #291 on: April 08, 2012, 01:40:22 AM »
i'm so excited to try zumba pero big question, pwede ba ako dito? post pregnancy, c-section delivery, 9 months ago. :) and, is there a gym near commonwealth na nag-ooffer nito? TIA!
I believe in pink. I believe that laughter is the best medicine. I believe in miracles. I believe in Him.

- 03.12.11 -
Regie ♥ Lois
Forever&Always

----------------
http://twitter.com/mommamymy
http://mommamymy.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/mommamymy

mitchiekyuti

• Probationary
« Reply #292 on: April 08, 2012, 09:03:02 PM »
Hi. Try Gold's Gym Timog. They have Zumba Classes almost everyday. :)

yukishih

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Trying to be a perfect wife and mom
« Reply #293 on: April 09, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »
im also interested to try zumba! do you know any good studios in makati or fort bonifacio?  :)
thanks guys!

Try Zumba in PlanaForm, Fort Bonifacio.

sue323

• Super GirlTalker
    • Sue's Gallery
« Reply #294 on: April 10, 2012, 12:59:31 AM »
Zumba is a super fun workout! 1 hour zumba can burn up to 500 caories depending on how you move your body. The more effort you exert the more calories you burn. That's what our zumba instructor told us before.  I love Zumba!:)

Some of my students burn as much as 750 kcal/hr

laviere

• GirlTalker
« Reply #295 on: April 10, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
^ 750 kcal/hr? wow. got a month's worth of zumba classes. excited to start!

sue323

• Super GirlTalker
    • Sue's Gallery
« Reply #296 on: April 10, 2012, 05:43:43 PM »
^It depends on your body weight and effort you exert during the class. Kung malamya baka nasa 300 lang yun. You can normally burn 300-400 calories by dancing- ito yung normal lang na dance, pero iba naman ang intensity level ng Zumba Fitness.

airborne09

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2012, 09:55:36 PM »
Glad to see this thread pick up speed and spread the Zumba word. ;) I've done this since Gold's launched they're Zumba program almost 2 years ago. I know Obet, very good instructor always creative choreo, he used to teach at Timog (my branch) where Jill of Peak teaches on Wednesdays at 7, she's great, esp with her belly dance incorporated into it. Mondays these days we have Paolo from Galleria and he's fantastic! Great energy, new routines and songs almost every week. Tuesday is Earl at 6:30, Sat at 4:30 is Gemma naman. If you want easy to follow, slower choreo try her class.  Now that Zumba's been getting popular, our classes have been packed sa ggx area, almost puno talaga. Whereas before ok naman, now grabe! But in a good way, kasi the more you are the more energy talaga.

Please don't feel inhibited, just go nga with the flow and MOVE! That's all you have to do. Me I follow the routines by the songs the instructor uses, so alam ko what moves go with what song, But each instructor will have his own choreography but follow nga certain steps. Since classes get pretty full, attendees show up early to reserve spots near sa front so you can see the teacher. What I wish we aren't so inhibited and shy about is making NOISE! I love to shout out like they do in the american classes, it just ups the fun and energy factor big time. We do this for Paolo's Monday class and he's ecstatic we get noisy. So please once you get hooked go nuts. :)

Btw, Centris is not open yet, sabi this April but Gold's is known for very delayed openings. Tho my friend says they're promo now is at P800/month lumalabas. That's a steal. If any of you are ever at Timog, I'll be one of people on Mondays or Tuesdays staying up front sa class making noise. So come join the party! ;D
Happiness is a warm puppy!

chrome-plated heart

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #298 on: April 20, 2012, 12:17:51 AM »
Nag zuzumba ako since last year. Ang fave ko talaga si sherwin. Gusto ko style nya na parang dance ang dating, me grace ang movements ;)

shuffle_dude11

• GirlTalker
« Reply #299 on: April 24, 2012, 03:16:44 AM »
i'll try movement dance studio's zumba classes by may.
nag-avail ako ng unlimited dance lessons for P1500 only through ensogo.

ano bang attire dito?  ;D

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.