Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 22 OCT 14
Invest in closet classics like one little black dress, a white polo shirt, and a pair of slacks. After you have them all, you can splurge
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Rituals when moving to a new house  (Read 53417 times)

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
Rituals when moving to a new house
« on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:57 AM »
Hi ladies. We will be moving to our new house soon, hopefully by next month.

I'm hoping you could share with me the rituals when moving to a new house. :)

sweetsweet

• a proud and happy mom and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • *i love my sweet husband and our baby boy*
Re: Rituals when moving to a new house
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 11:12:23 AM »
We used to rent a condo unit before, but since we were in a rush to move in, hindi na namin nasunod yung dapat full moon kapag lilipat ka (belief sa family namin). What I remember is, unang una na ipinasok sa house is yung Poon namin (an image of the Virgin Mary), rosary, holy water, blessed candle. Then salt, eggs, sugar, water, oil.

Will post later sis if I remember something pa :D
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

sweetsweet

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 11:24:10 AM »
^ Ay saka rice pa pala.

Tapos before nga pala pinasok lahat ng ito, nilinis muna namin ng husto yung house, and opened all the cabinets, doors, windows, and lahat ng di nasisikatan ng araw, to remove all the unwanted "energies" ng previous tenant.

Sabi pa ng isang kamag anak namin nun, play loud music while cleaning the house before moving in para mapalayas ang bad elements :D
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:02:30 PM »
^Ganyan din ginagawa namin.

Aside from that, on the day ng paglipat, dapat daw yung head of the family ang may hawak sa Poon and siya daw dapat yung unang papasok sa bahay, then sunod ang mom, then mga kids. Para daw yung 'respect' dun sa head of the family eh masunod ng mga kids.

Dapat din daw may something sweet, like tikoy, malagkit and other kakanin na kakainin on the day ng paglipat.

And dapat daw bago sumikat yung araw nakalipat na, or nasimulan na yung paglipat.

Isip pa ako. ;)

sales_lady

• and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Succesful Online Merchant
    • Your TRUSTED ONLINE SHOPPING PARTNER! Check out our Virtual Shop NOW!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 02:09:32 PM »
here's what i did, coming from my mom:

Put in small jars:  rice - for abundance, oil - for easy entry of blessings, salt - can't remember for what then water for the cool and positive aura.

In a box together with the jars:  a bible and rosary - for obvious religious guidance, coins.

Upon entry sa house:  you have to pour water sa may main door para malamig daw ang aura then throw coins in.  as in throw from the sala to all the open doors inside the house for good luck.  then leave it there until your next general cleaning.  after all these, gather the family and quickly pray to thank Him for all the blessings received specifically the new home. 

If you have new furnitures especially the dining table and of course the plates etc, make sure that the dish you will serve is something special.

Hope this helps!

Best Buy May Not Always be the Best...

ms. independent

• PRODIGAL DAUGHTER of GT and a moody
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • First Time Entrepreneur
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 04:51:51 AM »
this topic is interesting. question mga sis, number one rule kase namin is ipabless yung bahay paglipat. should it be done before yung paglipat talaga at yung tipong bare pa yung house or kahit nakailang days na nakatira and unahin na lang muna yung iba rituals? tia
Whatever you give a WOMAN, she's going to MULTIPLY.

Give her a SPERM, she'll give you a BABY.
Give her a HOUSE, she'll give you a HOME.
Give her a SMILE, she'll give you her HEART.

Give her a CRAP, you can expect a ton of s***.

angeleigh

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:21:07 AM »
^Sa amin sis, napabless yung bahay siguro mga weeks after, nung medyo maayos na. Nakakahiya naman kasi sa pari kung nakakakalat pa yung mga gamit. And syempre naghanda kami ng konti.

But on the day of the lipat itself, nagpray kami for the house.

jarjarbinks

• shame on you if you fool me once, shame on me if you fool me twice
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • life goes on
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 07:30:24 AM »
kakalipat lang namin noong December 28 sa aming other house.

December 25 - 27, naglilinis kami ng bf ko. Tapos gumawa na rin kami ng father ko nang shoe cabinet and TV rack.

December 27 nang umaga, dinala na namin ang 4 kong aso sa new house. Yung mga tahol nila will house in good energy and maalis o mabubulabog ang bad energies.

tapos umuwi na kami sa old house. iniwan namin ang mga aso sa new house. kinabukasan, gumising kami ng 3am, naligo, nag ayos para umalis na nang 4am. nakarating kami sa new house 4:45am. pagpasok ng house, father ko nauna, hawak nya ang bible and bigas

then mother ko, hawak ang water and salt

then ako, hawak ko ang cotton (i do not know what this is for) and another bible

may ginawa na kasing altar ang tatay ko and andun na yung mga santo ng mother ko. I am Christian kasi, sinabi ko sa mother ko na pag lilipat sa new house, ayoko me dalang santo.

tapos nasa loob na kami ng house, inayos agad ni nanay yung mga dala namin (mga extrang damit lang kasi nakalipat na nang mga gamit ng Dec 20 and Dec 27).

father ko, inamo lahat ng aso namin sa salas, eksena nang lambingan

ako naman, open ko lahat ng water faucet and ilaw. tapos hinanda ko na aalmusalin

by sunrise, nakapwesto na kami sa dining table, kakain na nang bounty meals. Binalak ko nga sa veranda kami kumain kaso mas comportable kami sa dining area

january 2 ang blessing with handaan of course, then january 3 ang house warming with another handaan. grabee, from december 31 - january 3, puro handaan
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future"

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2010, 08:57:46 AM »
We used to rent a condo unit before, but since we were in a rush to move in, hindi na namin nasunod yung dapat full moon kapag lilipat ka (belief sa family namin).

sis, afaik, the transfer should be done after the last quarter before the new moon or on the day of the new moon mismo. sharing lang po.  ;)
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥
         i am no hater, but more of a laugher. life is too short. let's just have fun.

sweetsweet

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
^ ah ganun ba sis, thanks for the info. di rin naman nasusunod sa min yan :D

gulaysk

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 10:40:37 AM »
Getting lots of info here. Keep 'em coming. :)

Btw, ano ang significance ng pagdala ng cotton sa ritual? And significance ng new moon? Yung iba kasi nagsasabi full moon.

jarjarbinks

• Senior GirlTalker
  • life goes on
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 11:10:31 AM »
[textspeak!] sa cotton, hindi ko alam sis

[textspeak!] sa new moon to full moon, hindi ko rin alam pero ang pagkakasabi sa akin, anytime in between ng mga araw from new moon to full moon
"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future"

twelve5

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 11:23:35 AM »
nyak! ang dami palang rituals sa ganito.

we have acquired several houses pero never ata kami nag ganito. basta house blessing lang... so far ok naman mga bahay namin. i guess pinaka important yung blessing ng priest.

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 11:25:21 AM »
i don't know anything about the cotton pero as i see it, parang item sya na soft and pwedeng mag absorb ng nega vibes. i'm not really sure kasi 1st time ko narinig. BUT, whenever i feel something (kahit) slightly nega inside my house, i place some tomatoes in my window sills.     

obviously, hmmm, new moon is supposed to be bagong buwan, bagong buhay patungo sa kabilugan ng buwan. :D  i'm not really good in explaining this but i lean more on this because after a full moon is darkness (last quarter). so what a better way if you transfer that your 1st few days/nights in your new house, may liwanag ang gabi. and yes, bago mag bukang liwayway (naks! ang lalim), dapat ang oras ng lipat. 

sana someone else can elaborate more.

pero lahat ng yan...wala pa ring tatalo sa mga daily prayers natin. :D

btw. sis jar...good luck to your new home. ang sarap siguro ng feeling mo these days. ako matagal ko ng pangarap makalipat. problema di ko alam saan ang pinaka healthy na lugar na pinakamalapit sa metro manila. seems wala. kung maganda sana ang train system or traffic flow ng mm sa batangas sana.     
Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you.                                                          ♥ Paulo Coelho ♥

Juricks

• Love never fails.... (1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Live, laugh, love. ;)
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 11:36:29 AM »

Interesting topic.  I was about to create a new thread for this, buti na lang meron na.. hehe..
thanks sis gulaysk! :)
Life isn't about waiting
for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to
DANCE in the RAIN...

jarjarbinks

• Senior GirlTalker
  • life goes on
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:39 PM »
thank you sis magic_dragon (the guru with difficult questions asked in an interview) hehe

anyways, masarap sobra sa pakiramdam na may sarili nang bahay.

yung cotton, talagang ndi ko alam kung bakit yun inabot sa akin ng nanay ko. hehe

magic dragon

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2010, 01:51:51 PM »

;D nge! kasama ka nga pala sa thread na yun. i think it's sis clueless who has more brains and heart of answering those difficult questions. breaker lang ako sa seriouness ng thread minsan. :D heheh! good luck na rin sa career.

another btw, bigla lang pumasok sa isip ko ang ritual ng mga chinese. di ko lang matandaan ang exact mixture: rice wine and drops of a skin of citrus fruit to be poured on the 4 corners of the whole house. actually, palagay ko (palagay lang ha, walang batuhan ng kamatis)...mas maraming rituals ang mga chinese sa house transfer kesa sa mga pinoys. sana may chinese gter na may knowledge sa ganito. ;)

ehem...sana makita itong thread ng ultimate idol ko sa gt. :) i'm sure marami syang alam.

paging sis ac!

sa_sang

• Insomniac
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Crazy as I can be
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2010, 03:09:21 PM »
shocks! ang dami pala mga rituals. pero d naman namin to sinusunod ng family.
Love is photogenic.
It needs darkness to develop ;D

ms. independent

• PRODIGAL DAUGHTER of GT and a moody
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • First Time Entrepreneur
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2010, 06:36:03 PM »
^ thanks sis angeleigh.. better nga kase sana na ipabless pag ayos na lahat but ayoko sana matulog dun sa house ng hindi pa man lang nabebless.
Whatever you give a WOMAN, she's going to MULTIPLY.

Give her a SPERM, she'll give you a BABY.
Give her a HOUSE, she'll give you a HOME.
Give her a SMILE, she'll give you her HEART.

Give her a CRAP, you can expect a ton of s***.

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 04:23:22 AM »
Our ritual was based on the old kasabihan from our elders in the province. It is best to move to a new house when the moon is waxing, and preferably at dawn. The things to bring in would be rice, salt, water, sugar, and a religious item (crucifix or santo).  Also, open up all windows to release negative energies. A friend of mine naman said nagsasaboy sila ng rock salt inside the house to ward off lurking spirits.

If you cannot have your house blessed immediately, you can do so naman with your family members. I was given a booklet with house blessing prayers that i used when we moved into out present home. I also had holy water that i sprinkled in all rooms and at the same time my husband was carrying lighted white candles as we moved around so bless parts of the house.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.