Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 19 SEP 14
Feeling angsty after a break-up? Vent to your friends over coffee—not on the Internet. There's no telling who will read your rants on Facebook or Twitter.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Lesson learned after the breakup  (Read 93736 times)

lovemeagain30

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: Lesson learned after the breakup
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 01:28:48 AM »
when the father of my child left me pregnant (naglaho parang bula!), it was really the downside of my life. The second blow happened after 3 years, after trying to forgive him and still hopes to have a complete family--he said i really dont love you and i cant support your child (wala ako pera kahit piso--duh?). he even said i love my gf now (na naging gf niya after ko maging preggy) and she was his priority.

what i learned from it? you can never change a man, neither his own child can change him.

at first im confused which hurts me most-- the abandonement he did to me and my child OR the realization he have found a new love.
naisip ko ego ko ang tinamaan nuon. unfair kasi di ba? kami ang iniwanan pero siya ang masaya.

then after so many years, i learned that my life is way better without him. hindi ko nga akalain magiging ganito kasaya ang buhay namin ng anak ko. tama ang mga sis natin, having a great/better life is a better revenge.

i learned also not to settle just because wala ka ng ibang choice-dahil mahal mo. dahil siya ang ama ng anak mo--kapag naramdaman mong may problema at napipilitan ka nalang maging maging masaya-- the relationship is bound to end in a matter of time.

saka the best is maging totoo ka sa sarili mo. alamin mo sarili mo kung anong klase ng lalake at relasyon ang gusto mo. if its not the right person and the relationship doenst feel right, again do not settle.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 01:32:47 AM by lovemeagain30 »

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2010, 06:19:54 AM »
I just realized this recently, how you do not need to forgive, no matter how bad you felt about the whole thing. This is such a cliche, but with love comes complete understanding.

petlovah

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 06:14:07 PM »
I have learned and realized that male doctors are not as good as people think. Hindi porket doktor, karespe-respeto. Yes, they are not Gods but they are devils that people don't realize.
=)

precious_girl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2010, 07:56:12 PM »
I learned to Be Confident!
.:.suffer for fashion.:.

Joycy

• Living life with integrity and order...
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • is in love with Kakashi Hatake
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2010, 10:18:30 PM »
As i get hurt, i think i've become more human.  ;) Nung kasing perfect ang buhay ko, i was so happy. Because i live in such an orderly world where i dont have to give anything, nahihirapan akong maka-relate sa problems and pain ng iba. Now that alam ko na ang sakit, i became more understanding of human frailties. And it's becoming easier for me to forgive people and accept the things i have no control over. Kasi at the end of the day, we're all people who just wanted someone to love and accept us.  :)
God tied u and I together by our little fingers with a long red string. This bond of destiny cannot be seen and there is no map leading to u. So i will fall in love with u when i meet u.

follow me @ www.twitter.com/Venus914

crazee_crazee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
How important it is to be able to stand on my own two feet, to complete myself. My overall well-being and happiness should never ever be dependent on anyone else. I admit I'm still not at that point but I hope I'm getting there.

Hopefully when I've "completed myself" and am really happy on my own, I meet someone who's done the same and we can celebrate and share each other's happiness and completeness.

No more of that "you complete me" BS! :P

emo_diztrez

• GirlTalker
  • happiLy taken and very much inLove...
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 12:05:23 AM »
i'LL qoute Lang what my baby toLd herseLf after she had her breakup with her former paramour...

"wag ibuhos Lahat... magtira para sa sariLi... para pag iniwan, hindi ka durog na durog..."
♥♥♥ never be repLaced... ♥♥♥

"Compassion for animals is intimately connected with goodness of character and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man." - Arthur Schopenhauer, (German Philosopher)

gneybee

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 06:54:32 PM »
Learnings:
Life is still worth living after all. It's just one phase that you have to face...

You have to love yourself more than anyone else...

michipoo

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2010, 07:58:05 PM »
True, wag ibigay ang lahat, magtira para sa sarili.

We just ended our relationship, di ko alam kung pano na mangyayari sakin. I lost my self, my friends, lahat. Binigay ko sakanya lahat, kasi akala ko magiging ganun din siya sakin but im wrong. :(

princess_brat

• I am ur Princess...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • I love being a Princess....
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2010, 01:39:55 AM »
it can be very tiring to fight for your love especially if you are the only one fighting for it :((
Being a princess is  a whole lot of fun... i love it!!!

kettlekorn28

• a very happy wife & mom and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2010, 10:05:31 PM »
Don't give your all. Minahal mo na nga ng husto...sa kanya na halos umikot ang mundo mo...tapos iiwan ka sa ere. Naman!!!  >:(

Don't offer friendship. It will be such a waste of time. Sasagot lang yan ng OO tapos in the end, deadma lang ang beauty mo. Sasabihin nya "Oo, friends. Text-text na lang tayo. Minsan tawagan pa kita." What the heck! Magtetext ka, di sya magrereply. Tatawagan mo sya, di naman nya sasagutin ang tawag mo. Oh di ba, pa-fall ang mga ganyan. Lolobo lang ang mga ego ng mga yan. Magmumukha ka ng t@nga, iisipin pa niya na hinahabol-habol mo sya.  ::)

Naku tama na at naiimbyerna na ako.  >:(
God has given us the greatest gift of all. And that is you, Baby Matthew! :)

Chinito

• GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Forever is a lie..everything is a transitory
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2010, 11:15:07 PM »
haha. yeah. i strongly agree with kettlekor28.  ;D

don't give your all and learn to balance it.  magtira ng para sa sarili para pag nag break.. you can still recover ng mabilis..
and thats true, after break ups its okay to be friends but should no contacts anymore... maraming pede mangyari kung pipilitin nyo pa sa isa't isa.
there's no such thing as destiny and fate.. it is a big lie...

Oblina

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Beauty's sister is vanity, and its daughter lust
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2010, 05:43:59 PM »
ipakilala agad sa parents para makunsensya agad gumawa ng kamalasan

wendystar

• a shinny, starry
  • ♥-♥-♥
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2010, 10:20:10 PM »
^ hahahhaha natawa ako dun sis

i've learned that:

- kaya ko naman pala mabuhay ng wala siya (i kept saying na 'hindi ko kaya, ikamamatay ko, wala ng saysay ang buhay ko kapag wala ka')

- masarap mabuhay ng single (well that was after the break up and before i got married :) ) no limits, no but's and if's.

People will always talk about you.. might as well give them something to talk about! ;p

pinkylady

• GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2010, 10:24:04 PM »
LOVE MYSELF FIRST

xxpetitexx

• Virtual Assistant and A Clever
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • clever and straightforward
    • The Chapters
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2010, 12:45:51 PM »
Don't regret...  ;)
"The clearer vision of what you seek, the closer you are to finding it"

mikaela325

• Super GirlTalker
  • a loving wife & a brand new mom
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2010, 01:31:41 PM »
na learned sana na lessons ng ex ni hubby:

'wag manisi ng ibang tao kung ayaw na sa'yo ng mahal mo.

'wag ituring na asawa ang hindi mo naman talaga asawa.

'wag gumawa ng dahilan para pagtakpan ang totoo.
When you're down to nothing, God is up to something.

mikaela325

• Super GirlTalker
  • a loving wife & a brand new mom
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 01:39:29 PM »
i've learned na: don't waste your time in a relationship just because sayang kasi matagal na kayo. or just because mabait sya. or just because mahal ka nya. iba pa din pag pareho nyong mahal na mahal ang isa't isa.
When you're down to nothing, God is up to something.

pinkylady

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 01:55:18 PM »
it can be very tiring to fight for your love especially if you are the only one fighting for it :((

same here sis. yan [textspeak!] nagpapuno na saken + [textspeak!] affected na ang trust at respect saken pati sa relasyon. ang lumalabas parang ako lang may gusto na may direksyon e denemand nya before na gusto nya serious relationship.

RedPolish

• Probationary
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2010, 02:45:18 PM »
i've learned na 1. Don't be friends with your ex - kasi based on my experience, there's no such thing, one of you will still hope na magkabalikan kayo kasi may isa sainyo na nagmamahal pa din sa isa. And parati ka lang masasaktan. So when you break up with someone, break everything pati connection.

2. History - you had your fun times with him, your moment kung baga, but that's history na. Wag ng ibalik, and if nalaman mong may mahal na siyang iba, kahit affected ka kahit onti learn to accept na hindi na siya sayo. The thing between the two of you is over.. So try not to be bitter kasi ikaw lang ang talo.

3. Distroying memories like pictures and donating his gifts helped me move on...wala ng remembrance...

Painful talaga after ng break up lalo na if ikaw yung sobrang nagmahal...kaya be strong and stand again.. Ask God for guidance..

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.