Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 24 OCT 14
Do you have blemishes on your face? Try making a paste out of blended pineapple and carrot. Apply it to your face for 15 minutes, then
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way  (Read 70422 times)

iluvmysoldier

• army wife and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Schools in Marikina and within marcos hi-way
« Reply #120 on: July 21, 2012, 09:39:00 AM »
yung pamangkin ko sis sa st. bernadette siya pumasok. it's along sumulong highway, near masinag market. new school yun pero maganda daw sabi ng cousin ko. try mo lang kung ok sayo
The army has my soldier but I have his heart.

mommynic

• Probationary
« Reply #121 on: July 23, 2012, 07:03:38 AM »
Good day! I got a 5 yr old kid and we are staying along Marcos highway I just wondering if anyone know the tf of magis academy? Maganda ba doon ? I need a school Kasi not too expensive pero maganda teaching and environment.i saw the smarty international school Maganda kaya yun it's in cogeo along Marcos highway pataas sya .i will appreciate Kung na tutulungan nyo ako mag decide which school ko sya papasok.she only went pa Lang sa kumon
hi! sa Magis nag prep ang pamangkin ko, tapos lumipat na sya now ng Marist, Top 1 na sya sa klase nya since then... grade 3 na sya ngayon :)

Noemijc

• Probationary
« Reply #122 on: July 25, 2012, 09:45:38 PM »
Thank you po may I ask sisters Kung how much is their tuition fee if you know thanks

mommynic

• Probationary
« Reply #123 on: July 31, 2012, 03:33:13 PM »
Thank you po may I ask sisters Kung how much is their tuition fee if you know thanks
sa Magis dati 45k, not sure magkano na ngayon...

Noemijc

• Probationary
« Reply #124 on: August 06, 2012, 10:14:35 PM »
Thank you po!

pink.sunshine

• GirlTalker
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »
Soon to be mom. This would make a nice reference. :)
"Others are merely mirrors of you. You cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something you love or hate about yourself." - CSS

pinkaholic21

• Probationary
  • working mom but 247 mom to M and wifey to N :-)
« Reply #126 on: August 23, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »
thank you sa lahat ng reply.very helpful.god bless us all!

lawyer_mom

« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »
my son goes to ingenium preschool in panorama, turn left sa masinag intersection if you are coming from wilcon depot. 100% sila sa ateneo entrance exam. tuition fee is 74k annually. my daughter goes to smartkids inside kingsville. tutiion fee is 34k annually. ingenium used singapore based curriculum.

pinkaholic21

• Probationary
  • working mom but 247 mom to M and wifey to N :-)
« Reply #128 on: November 20, 2012, 04:19:55 PM »
Fellow mommies;

I need your inputs---what big school will you recommend if you will choose between St. Scholastica Marikina & Assumption Antipolo. When it comes to tuition fee-St scho is much cheaper,when it comes to facilities-assumption has the edge.As a mom, I am one of those who want to give the best for our children. These 2 schools are the nearest schools in our area. Please please feedbacks please. Thank you very much.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2012, 05:53:45 PM »
^Hi sis. I have a 2-year old daughter and we're planning to send her to Assumption Antipolo when she's 4 years old. I have nothing against St Scho Marikina, in fact, I have a lot of friends there. But it's that familiarity with them that made me not even consider them. Facilities, curriculum, and values wise, I really like Assumption.

I suggest you take time to reserach each school's mission, vision, and values sis. Pati na din their manner of teaching and get a feel of their environment/culture by visiting their campus :)
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

iceylicious

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »
mga mommies anong age nyo inenroll mga kids nyo??

mag 3 yrs old na kase daughter ko this coming feb.. iniisip ko kung pwede na sya mag school..

aiaiatay

• being a mom to abc
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2013, 01:41:37 PM »
Hi Mommies,  I am also looking for a good school for my 3 yr old son.  we are near marcos highway pero more on sa pasig kami. nakakatakot kasi tumawid marcos highway.  I am also looking for a good pre-school na he can attend so he can have a good shot in going to ateneo or la salle.

As for Morning Dew, I am not sure lang if they changed their curriculum ha , but when we transferred from Nova to Pasig I had to transfer my eldest 13 yrs ago to Morning Dew nga, middle of the school year. I thought it was a good school then, claiming montessori sila if i remember correctly.  Academics wise I think same lang naman turo nila with other schools but na dissapoint ako when they have nga their own sink per classroom, but when I asked my daughter then if they wash their hands before and after eating, hindi daw. Eh diba para saan pa ang sink.  Then when I would pick up my daughter then, the pre-school was located in the 2nd flr., there are rowdy kids pa naman, nobody goes down with the kids na to assist them na teacher aide.  Tapos pag kuhanan ng cards, they will just hand it out to you. The teachers never discussed the progress of my kid, kahit sabihin natin maganda progress ng bata di ba dapat they discuss that with you para you know how your kids are doing. 

So nilipat namin sya sa assumption na after and no regrets naman, she is graduating na nga next year.  As far as Assumption Antipolo naman, their values are similar to what I believe in naman, I graduated from STC and di naman na magkalayo ang teachings, which we thought before na pang coo sya. Di naman pala. 

Ang mahal na pala ng pre-schools ngayon mas mahal pa sa tution ng high school.

Lainysims

• Probationary
« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2013, 11:22:57 AM »
Hi mommies,
can anyone give recent feedback about ISYC marikina? Thinking of enrolling my 3 year old son there.  Does anyone know if mataas pa rin passing rate nila sa Ateneo entrance exams in the past recent years? Also if anyone can give feedback how do the kids perform after they have transferred to big school?
Thanks!

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2013, 02:55:16 PM »
^We enrolled my 2 year old daughter for their summer class. I was hoping nga sana na she gets enrolled to the summer fun program (daily) but because of her age, she was endorsed to the playgroup (mwf for 3 weeks).

My daughter likes the school. We can't wait to start her summer program :)
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

chardel17

• Probationary
« Reply #134 on: March 06, 2013, 02:34:55 PM »
@martina.b - hi. do you info na from montessori, kent and reggio?

im also checking the dee hwa liong academy. can anyone share their comments on DHLA?

martina.b

• Probationary
    • Xyleenshoppe- Home of health, wellnes, beauty and fashion essentials
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2013, 10:46:01 PM »
@martina.b - hi. do you info na from montessori, kent and reggio?

im also checking the dee hwa liong academy. can anyone share their comments on DHLA?

Hi,

We visited na the other schools within Mambugan, Marcos highway and Marikina Area. Here are the other infos:

Reggio Preschool (Marcos highway branch)- That branch of school is about to close out, but their Cainta branch is still open

Montessori school house at Kent (Inside Filinvest) Tuition is around P56K. They follow they follow Montessori system, all levels stay in one class, and how the program works is that your child can advance to the next level anytime.

Kidstech (Behind mc donalds beside Marikina Sports complex)- Tuition is around P58k. They follow traditional style of teaching, but they introduce the textbooks slowly sa mga kids. I like their facilities kasi its small lang but clean. Included na din sa tuition yun uniform-PE and standard (except inner blouse for girls), supplies, bag and even food. I like the school, possible yes sya sa options ko, but my only challenge here is wala sila schoolbus :(

Thanks ;) Please share other infos about schools.

Thanks

chardel17

• Probationary
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2013, 04:39:41 PM »
thanks @martina.b

goodluck to us :)

longing

• Junior GirlTalker
  • My Princess
« Reply #137 on: March 18, 2013, 01:14:28 PM »
Finally, decision has been made and we enrolled our 4 y/o daughter sa St. Scho Marikina.  I would love to have her enrolled sa Assumption but too far na sa amin and sobrang mahihirapan ang bata.

Marsiede

• Probationary
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2013, 12:44:40 PM »
@lainysims
Isyc is a very good school. My daughter went there for 2 years. She is now moving to Assumption this June. Still 100% passing with the big schools. Good facilities + fun filled activities. And you can really see the improvement in your child :)

bikikay

• Probationary
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2013, 10:38:32 AM »
Faith Christian School in Cainta - maganda feedback esp if you're a Christian.

How much po ang tuition? Incoming Grade 1 po?

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.