Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 31 JUL 14
Eat slowly. It's good for better digestion--it will help you enjoy your food more too!
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: does breaking up w/ someone make you smarter?  (Read 6237 times)

jazzlawyer

• Super GirlTalker
  • now Mrs. D!
Re: does breaking up w/ someone make you smarter?
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »
ako i learned to love myself even more. no one can make you happy but yourself and dont depend your happiness to others. (nag revamp ako ng image and i learned to travel alone.. i can watch movie alone. btw, im going to SG and KL all by myself)  ;D

one more: i also learned to look at the track record of the guy. promise! kasi somehow it would reflect what kind of person he is.  ;D

lovefool

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »
Good for you jazzlawyer  ;) that's what i call girlpower!

lovelykikaygirl

• Probationary
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2010, 06:41:20 PM »
To answer the question... Yes, it should,  as every  experience, good bad, should.

krisle703

• GirlTalker
  • Swit,Petite, Abt 5 ft. The cutest 1 u'l ever meet.
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 04:53:42 PM »
yes it did.. for awhile it makes me feel numb and incapable to love again but.. after some time It makes me more mature in loving someone..
If he loves you, nothing can take him away. If he doesn't, Nothing can make him stay.

Cute_love

• Probationary
  • Okay sa alright!
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 09:57:55 PM »
At first it was really painful....it really makes my body and my mind so week.....but when I finally accept that we are really not meant for each other....

I learned that, when we love someone don't give 100%..you also need to spare for yourself....and also make sure to look at the bad side of your relationship and not only at the good side... I mean you have to be "open minded"...don't lock yourself in dreams because in the end you will really suffer.....

mimiku

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 11:01:13 AM »
ako i learned to love myself even more. no one can make you happy but yourself and dont depend your happiness to others. (nag revamp ako ng image and i learned to travel alone.. i can watch movie alone. btw, im going to SG and KL all by myself)  ;D

one more: i also learned to look at the track record of the guy. promise! kasi somehow it would reflect what kind of person he is.  ;D

That’s what I did. LoL!

Before I couldn’t go out without my ex but now I can even go and watch movies alone. My friends actually were so amazed that I could stand watching movies in Glorieta all by myself. =D

I changed the way I look. And now I could say I am more mature and confident.

It was hell but then I’m grateful because I was able to learn to love myself more as well as my friends and family.

Don’t ever depend your happiness to someone. You are the only one who can make yourself complete.

And just for the record, I agree with you. Guys try to check first the background before hooking up with someone. No matter how kind and great he is at first, and even if you could claim to yourself that you’ve changed him,  if he came from a not-so-good “environment”, he’ll always come back to his natural color. (Trust me. I was even blamed by ex because of this and to think he had achieved a lot ever since I helped him changed his ways).

What have you guys learned from breaking up with your exes? And were you able to put those lessons into effect into your next relationship? For example, I told myself after breaking up with my 1st bf that I will never let another person's personality overshadow my own ever again. But it happened again with someone else. Well, in fairness may 4 years na gap naman between the guys. And that's why I was so upset about the break up with No 2 because I thought I knew better. But oh well, I guess 3x a charm? hehe

A lesson will repeat itself until it is learned. =D
Sometimes I’m terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts. – Edgar Allan Poe

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2010, 04:29:33 AM »
i agree with mooncake and leaves, that in breaking up, theres a point that selfishness and sensibility intertwines. the fact that you knew there's something wrong and which you perceive is irreconcilable means you're exercising your brain and freedom. the situation that you had moved on means you came up with a solution. simple lang di ba? har har

moving forward in a different relationship is a different aspect. its really difficult to exercise such learned experience especially when your conflicting to a fact that you chose to be vulnerable again. elementary, if chances have probability and statistics, love has experiences and aspirations.

alam mo bro, you and mooncake and leaves are the only two people who were able to put in words what I am experiencing right now. w/c means kung ano ang pinagdadaanan ko, nagpagdaanan niyo na. lol

sabi nila kasi sa akin, the guy i'm dating now who was also the same guy i was complaining about in this forum (si recently divorced guy) about 6 months ago, ang t****-t**** ko daw kasi he's not the kind of guy i should be with. pero ang dami rin palang mas tatanga-t**** sa akin. ang hirap i-explain kasi talaga eh. i have the smarts to distinguish right from wrong but i'm too selfish that i want it all. sabi ko na lang sa kanila, tignan natin, siguro naman darating ang time na magsasawa rin ako sa pagpapasensiya.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 04:31:46 AM by luisacart »
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

psyche32

• Probationary
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2010, 09:22:28 AM »
yah. it does. lol. he wants me back nga eh,but di ako pumayag cause i have something that i didn't have before:"perspective".lol.i realized i dint love him,he's just like a habit thats hard to break.

Filipinasadhart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I had a fear to start again....
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »
yes, it makes me smarter kase mas naging maingat ako. wag basta basta maging masyado mabait wag basta basta maniniwala sa mga false hope nya. Lalo na ngayon marami paasa.
Never give permanent feeling to a temporary person.

Leighboy

• GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »
It makes you smarter as long as you are not with the same guy

simplecathy143

• i am a PERFECTLY IMPERFECT :)
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2012, 11:04:03 AM »
yep, it makes me wiser, stronger and better person  :)
some people believe that first love never dies,
but for me, my first love died when i met you ♥

JINJIN:*

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2012, 03:36:52 PM »
you should be smarter...

madaling sabihin kaso minsan me patern and mga break-ups kase that is your personality, minsan mahirap baguhin, kung selosa ka at yan ang dahilan ng break up pwedeng sa susunod eh ganyan ulit. Kaya lang we becoma smarter by changing the approach. kung dati selosa ka tapos super lahat pinagdududahan mu, nextym kung nagseselos ka eh mejo lalawakan mu ang pagiisip para mabawasan ang selos.
Seduce my mind and you can have my body, Find my soul and I'm yours forever.

thestargazer

• Is now Mrs. Guiao :)
  • GirlTalker
  • is one happy wife and mom :)
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 01:38:29 PM »
Smarter syempre. What a waste of experience naman if you end up falling for the same type of guys, e hindi ka nga bagay sa mga ganun. :)

Vive bene, spesso l'amore, di risata molto

Filipinasadhart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • I had a fear to start again....
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 09:50:54 PM »
Smarter syempre. What a waste of experience naman if you end up falling for the same type of guys, e hindi ka nga bagay sa mga ganun. :)

billion liked sis :=)
Never give permanent feeling to a temporary person.

dumpee.o13

• ü I still believe in LOVE, DESTINY & FATE. ♥ I am now a CERTIFIED
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Ü I'm DATING ♥ Enjoyin' SINGLICITY at its BEST! Ü
    • Tumblr ü
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2012, 01:03:45 AM »
Yes, of course. Not just smarter but also wiser. ;) Mas matututo ka nang maghandle ng relationship. ^^
"I am only responsible for what I say and not for what you understand." Ü

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/vainishieliciousme/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/IAmTheCrisC/

Serena.

• EPIC
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Introvert :)
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2012, 01:22:48 AM »
YES. Dami kayang benefits. :P lol
Your past describes what and who you are today. Hence, those who experienced deep loneliness know what true happiness is. xx

theshopaholicprincess

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2012, 12:57:16 PM »
Yes, because you get to love yourself more and you learn a lot something about yourself. You became stronger than before. Parang song lang ni Kelly Clarkson, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger" ;)

xhien

• a loving wife and mom to xhien
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2012, 01:00:52 PM »
a big yes, kxe after lahat ng past ko dami ko natutunan.kaya now sa relationship ko sa hubby ko simula palang sinigurado kong di na mauulit mga nangyare dti ..na observe ko talaga mas naging wise ako sa mga bagay bagay.. di ko na hinahayaang magmukha akong t**** now..at kapag naagrabyado ako now talagang lumalaban na ako..at now nagtitira na din ako ng pagmamahal sa sarili ko di tulad dati  ;)

pretty_in_white

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »
It is up to the person.  My last break up really made me starter because I really improved a lot. I joined john robert powers just to buff my image and worked on my career.  Everything went well, and I'm not with a very good guy. 
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  ~Tad Williams

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.