Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 23 AUG 14
Skip the chips! Instead, dip carrots or celery sticks in low-fat dressing for your afternoon snack.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: What if?  (Read 4001 times)

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
What if?
« on: December 16, 2009, 04:40:51 PM »
My boss (the one onthe  top level) just told me I  do not have the right to comment on issues, kasi may level is the entry level (mababa) sa company. How would you react on it?

kutingpie

• le fabulous, bipolar & certified
  • Super GirlTalker
  • living creepily ever after
Re: What if?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »
^ang taray naman nun..well, if ganoon naman pala, bahala sila mamorblema ;)

We're all water from different rivers, that's why it's so easy to meet.
We're all water in this vast, vast ocean, someday we'll evaporate together ~ Yoko Ono

★♥ѼREAL EYES REALIZE REAL LIES★♥Ѽ

i_am_sweet

• GUYtalker
  • GirlTalker
  • I know you want me.
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 05:52:26 AM »
Mahirap na kultura yan sa trabaho.  If it already came from the top-most level, parang puso yan na kapag tumibok ika nga ni Donna e "wala ka nang magagawa kundi sundin ito" ;D

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 11:19:24 AM »
You are new, makibagay ka.

Watch and observe, before opening your mouth.
IF the Top Cat  made that comment, you must have been really loud/"high-profile"... otherwise, he would not gone to the trouble of commenting nor puttiing it in words. 
Hindi mo ba na getz while you were talking the non-verbal signals that must have been delivered -- that you were "out of place"???

I am NOT saying what you were conveying was not important, or wrong.  I am also NOT saying that you were wrong in voicing out valuable comments.  Baka wala ka lang sa timing at lugar.

A workplace does not operate just on correctness nor value of  contributions.  Unfair, maybe -- but well, there is the Human-Behavior-In-Organization at play all the time.   
There is always a formal (and for sure also an informal)  organization playing out. 
You are the newcomer, right or wrong -- whatever it is in that company -- you have to go with the flow, until you get to a position of having the power to institute changes.

I am NOT saying you should not change things or the way things are done, if you see a better solution or alternative.  What I am trying to say is --  of course,  you can.  You should, so you shine more. 
BUT get a good grasp first of how things are done in that company of yours.  Makibagay ka muna, do not create enemies... be a termite (I do not mean sneaky ha, but work hard and quietly or unnoticed until 1 day ta-dah! -- you have done so much and already have a colony to show.  :)  )

Do not let that 1 faux pas freeze you. 
LEARN from it, and move on.
Do your best, and people (and that Top Cat) will forget it all soon.  Fairly or unfairly, it is your last achievements or contributions to the company that people focus on. 
(Kaya nga ang reklamo ng iba eh they get frozen out of the power play kahit na they contributed this big-deal this or that before.  History is just history.  It is how you handle what is on your plate that only matters to an organization, current time.)

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 08:01:08 PM »
^Thanks for all inputs. I was actually on the verge of quitting. I might stay for another month because of this.

laey

• GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 10:35:21 PM »
Possible answers:

1. Panget pagkakasabi mo, baka na-atribidahan siya sayo.

2. Baka me point ka at di niya naisip yun, at di niya matanggap na mas naisip mo pa kesa sa kanya.

3. Bad mood lang sya. PMS or nagaway lang sila ng asawa niya.  ;D

4. Or talagang di ka niya type at lahat ng sasabihin mo e kokontrahin niya at mas gugustuhin ka niyang magresign

Kung nag-fall ka sa 1 or 2, malamang may "something" dun sa sinabi mo kasi di ka naman niya pagaaksayahan ng panahon kung wala tong kwenta.

If I were you, I won't quit right away. Actually, what you did was brave. And if i were your boss, tatak ka sa utak ko, kasi most of the time ang mga bago, walang lakas ng loob kumausap sa mga tao sa taas, ni bumati nga hindi nila magawa. Usually, nakayuko kung makakasalubong mo. And if you quit, I'll just think, sa una ka lang matapang. Hehe. So kung magresign ka, pinatunayan mo lang na kagaya ka din ng iba at hindi ka marunong tumanggap ng reaksyon na hindi maganda. So parang iisipin ko, hindi ka din kawalan, if ever magreresign ka.

Wag ka na lang paapekto masyado.  ;) Kaya mo yan, dear!
Imagination was given man to compensate for what he is not, and a sense of humor to console him for what he is.  ~ Francis Bacon

greyish

• miracles continue to happen!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 09:12:18 AM »
I've been in a company na ganyan noong bago ako.

Talagang ang mga bago at lalo na pag bata ka, wala kang boses. That's theire culture. Kahit hindi mo boss, ang mga taong nakapaligid, ganun. Kahit hindi talaga sila pa manager, senior lang sila in terms of years of service, ang tingin sayo, wala kang K magsalita.

pero as I grew in that company, I gained the respect din ng mga bosses. They listened to my suggestions and comments.

So probably, it's a challenge for you. Pero it's only you who could decide if you want to take that challenge.

It's been a month na, nandyan ka pa ba sa company?

thank you for the blessings :)

kikaygimikera

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Strange and Beautiful
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 11:25:17 AM »
Yes, but i just had my resignation letter passed.

Ihave kept my mouth shut and people are starting to react. Goodthing I didnt have to speak anymore, ibang tao na nagsasalita.

@ greyish: bata nga ako. bata kasi ako mag act sa company. i dont want them to see me as -- boring employee. Ayan, di tuloy sineryoso.

But all is well now. People are nowspeaking on my behalf. :) but i am resigning. :)

greyish

• miracles continue to happen!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 08:57:36 AM »
Yes, but i just had my resignation letter passed.

Ihave kept my mouth shut and people are starting to react. Goodthing I didnt have to speak anymore, ibang tao na nagsasalita.

@ greyish: bata nga ako. bata kasi ako mag act sa company. i dont want them to see me as -- boring employee. Ayan, di tuloy sineryoso.

But all is well now. People are nowspeaking on my behalf. :) but i am resigning. :)

so there's something wrong with the system..o talagang kultura na talaga nila yan which is hard to change.

good luck!
thank you for the blessings :)

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 10:27:08 PM »
You are new, makibagay ka.

Watch and observe, before opening your mouth.

I'll share this statement from a colleague, related to what aquacharly said (this is verbatim):

from an academic POV (organizational behavior) he did a lot of things fresh mbas do. go in and talked about new ideas, but didn't listen enough to existing ideas. listening first creates acceptance and i think this played a major role on why he wasn't supported

christine00900

• GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 02:49:53 PM »
I agree with aquacharly.  Its not exactly because you were new in the company but first and foremost, you have to try to fit in.  Impress them through your actions and pretty soon, your opinions will be sought after.

As for your boss, medyo mali naman yugn ginawa nya.  I think he might have meant something pero it came out wrong.

just my 2 cents.   ;D

17arci

• Inhinyerong Tomasino
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Babebube, boink!
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2011, 12:57:14 PM »
My boss (the one onthe  top level) just told me I  do not have the right to comment on issues, kasi may level is the entry level (mababa) sa company. How would you react on it?

Kung ako ikaw, magrereklamo na agad ako sa HR, or sa boss ng boss mo.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.