Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 28 AUG 14
Traveling abroad? Ditch the heels and bring comfy shoes.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Losing confidence at work  (Read 8491 times)

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
Re: Losing confidence at work
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
same here sis. i haven't resigned.. it's correct that our company seems to be downsizing, i'm in a different department now but same pa din i'm still unhappy. i'm just waiting for my Christmas bonus then i'll file na kahit wala pang job na naghihintay.. feeling ko kasi ang dami ng nasasayang na oras.. para makapagapply din ako ng maayos.
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

ordenclare

• Probationary
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 05:06:43 AM »
ako din sis. i was transferred to a different line of business after i got promoted. sobrang sad kasi mas gusto at love ko talaga yung LOB ko dati. pero wala ako choice, ayoko naman isipin ng management na choosy ako, kakapromote ko pa lang. kaya eto, tiis talaga. na mimiss ko yung dati kong LOB. :'(

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Chocoholic.Java Junkie.Shopping Diva♥
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »
i wanna leave my job na ngayon. my boss is weird. super iba ng taste... daming reklamo saka walang respect sa time ng employees. yung tipong late sya gigising tapos kung kelan late afternoon, saka magpapatawag ng meeting or rush ng pinapagawa! tapos kuripot naman sa pag-fund ng projects pero taas ng expectations. I'm just looking for a new job and iiwan ko na talaga 'to!
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

Munchy Crunchy

snowberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
Sa TS, why don't you look at it in a different perspective? Work hard and show na maayos talaga ang trabaho mo. Try to find something that will make that department  improve. Malay mo, mapansin nila at manghinayang sila at bigyan ka ng more challenging na tasks.

But if di mo talaga matagalan, look first for another  job bago ka mag-resign. Sa panahon ngayon, mahirap maghanap ng trabaho . Meron nga, pero baka contractual position lang o kaya i-under ka sa agency.  So , kung aalis ka rin lang , make sure you will be in a better position.

kwang sun

• so vain
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 06:19:31 AM »
some employers/bosses will lie to u ..normal lang yan... may mga code kasi yan.. ikaw na bahala mag interpret.. same lang sila sa hr  , they
will lie their teeth out para naman hindi masyadong masakit dun sa aplicante na hindi nga sila natanggap

PhamLuis23

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 05:01:44 PM »
Uy.  Is the company downsizing ba?  If they are, I am seeing a different angle, they may be circumventing the due process required by law and that is for the employer to give at least 1 month salary for every year spent in the company.  So to prevent them from shelling out separation pay if you were the target, they would just relocate you to a different department or position which most often than not results to resignation instead since the employee either cannot adjust to the new job or is unhappy.

Look for signs if they are doing this.  If so, consult with a lawyer.  Two words: constructive dismissal. ;)

Here's another example. Some consulting companies regularly need to downsize because they win projects and lose projects like a cycle and they won't always have the correct set skills. e.g. new project needs Java, closing project is .net.  In this case, .net people will be put under performance improvement plans for under performing. Most will resign feeling betrayed and they think they are getting back at the company for resigning. In reality, that's what the company actually wants, for that person to resign because in the current state of things, there is an over supply of .net people.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:03:30 PM by PhamLuis23 »
I hate frog bosses... they cause so much grief

ann08

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Thinking long term.
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 06:47:22 PM »
Count me in. Pero trainee palang ako. I like the job pero parang fast track. Nakaka stress. Nag rered face ako madalas. :/ then after passing a certificate exam naka bond for 1 year and 5 months. My heart says no but mind says yes. Waa. or need lang talaga ng rest. :/
Quarter-life crisis.
Be the type of person you want to meet. :)
Be Random. :D

pretty_in_white

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
:( u8mypinkcookies, are you working for a chinese employer?
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  ~Tad Williams

BrightIdeas

• Probationary
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »
Ako rin. I thoguht I was going to get promoted this year but it didn't happen.

I am longest member of the project. I am the Veteran.

I organize all the parties.

I created a team within the team and my people look up to me.

I may not be a CPA but I graduated from the best state university in the country.

I'm always the one coming up with new policies and these policies are implemented.

I really feel like a loser now. Everyone in the family is successful except me. My dad was a seaman and my siblings work abroad. Me I'm thirty years old and the car the I am driving is not my own.

Everyone in the team think I'm rich but in truth I really need this promotion.

This promotion would have been the solution to all my issues. Now I don't know what to do. I can't look for another company because my technical knowledge is lacking. I largely depend on the designers I work with and my friend programmer.

What else can I do? I thought about developing my technical proficiency but it is difficult.

I didn't study computer science and don't know anything about programming. I can't read a single line of code to save my life.

I didn't have any accounting subjects and don't understanding accounting.

I have very little understanding of business processes.

My people skills got me this senior analyst position but I really need to be promoted to team lead.

I hope I can get some advise here. I'm really down.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:53:47 PM by BrightIdeas »
30 yr old loser

kwang sun

• so vain
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »
expected na pag chinese may ari ng company  either kuripot sila sa sweldo or hindi tama yung pagsweldo... ganyan talaga

ann08

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Thinking long term.
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2014, 12:45:30 AM »
I am here again, 7 mos in the company. But na challenge ko ang TL ko kaya nilagay ako sa night shift.. even I voice out na nagkakasakit ako... wala puro promises at pinapatagal... at
ayaw ako pull out sa night shift (super possible mag morning shift) kaya eto. I don't wanna give up cause got an increase and HMO na. :(
Quarter-life crisis.
Be the type of person you want to meet. :)
Be Random. :D

sosychill

• VALAR MORGHULIS
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • KHALEESI
    • twitter
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2014, 09:49:31 AM »
I think I made a wrong choice when I accepted this job that Im overqualified for.. im not getting anywhere from here, security of tenure nga, pero dead-end. at ang hirap mag resign unlike sa private. God, help me.  :-[
Follow Me!!

Hogwarts is my home, but sometimes flying to westeros with the dragons isnt so bad.

lizzete

• Junior GirlTalker
  • www.laineb12.multiply.com
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2014, 07:01:42 AM »
I felt the same way..feeling ko left out ako..it started when 1 of my officemate resigned dati di ko naman nararamdaman to..ayoko sana magresign because ive been with the company for 5 years..my plan is to finish this year then work abroad pero parang di ko na kaya hangang december..di ko mapigilan mag isip ng negative about my superior coz may nakikita ko favorite nya yun isa namen officemate.. kahit mali mali na yun at nakakaapekto na sa trabaho ko..deadma lang boss ko..initindihin lang daw..parang kahit mag complain ako..kakampi pa din sya dun..hay dati alam na alam ko ang trabaho ko..pero ngaun..i feel lost..simple things parang di ko na magawa siguro nga kasi i am not comfortable with the people i work plus the management..

Hay mga sis should i resign na ba..para kasi ang hirap maghanap ng work pag connected pa ko..so iniisip ko magresign na muna..kaya lang natatakot naman ako baka di ako makahanap agad ng work..naguguluhan na ko..

sosychill

• VALAR MORGHULIS
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • KHALEESI
    • twitter
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2014, 11:09:28 AM »
^ Sis, job hunt ka muna bago mag resign.. para you can weight from there your options.

the job offer is here, but I dont know which is more important, if money or self fulfillment  :-\
Follow Me!!

Hogwarts is my home, but sometimes flying to westeros with the dragons isnt so bad.

lizzete

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2014, 09:15:05 PM »
Nadidiscourage na ko maghanap ng office job..i felt that corporate world is not for me..im really confused..dont know what direction to take..and the worst part is when i cannot open this to my family and bf..im not that type kasi ..ayaw ko pinapakita nanghihina ako..but that is what i felt right now..but i know this will pass..mahahanap ko din ang gusto ko

quote author=sosychill link=topic=214534.msg7836499#msg7836499 date=1401505768]
^ Sis, job hunt ka muna bago mag resign.. para you can weight from there your options.

the job offer is here, but I dont know which is more important, if money or self fulfillment  :-\
[/quote]

sosychill

• VALAR MORGHULIS
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • KHALEESI
    • twitter
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2014, 10:02:56 AM »
^ Sis, sometimes this is just a test para malaman natin kung saan talaga tayo dapat.

Maybe a hobby would help sis, try reading.. do yoga. para di lahat ng time mo naka focus sa office or workloads.

If corporate world is not for you, ask yourself din kung ano talaga gusto mo gawin or anong field talaga.
Follow Me!!

lizzete

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2014, 10:16:02 AM »

Thanks sis..thats what im trying to do..hay nakakadepress lang kase na mawalan ka ng direction..yun ba dati alam mo na eto ang goal mo..suddenly bigla mo mararamdaman na hindi ka na masaya sa ginagawa mo..i felt that i have no more option..hay..

quote author=sosychill link=topic=214534.msg7836946#msg7836946 date=1401588176]
^ Sis, sometimes this is just a test para malaman natin kung saan talaga tayo dapat.

Maybe a hobby would help sis, try reading.. do yoga. para di lahat ng time mo naka focus sa office or workloads.

If corporate world is not for you, ask yourself din kung ano talaga gusto mo gawin or anong field talaga.
[/quote]

juni

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2014, 10:32:29 AM »
^I've asked myself that same question, kung bagay nga ba sa akin ang corporate life.  I don't like the intrigues kasi e, the politics, yung palakasan.  Ang mindset ko kasi, magtrabaho to the best of our abilities, learn from each other and help each other.  Ayoko yung crab mentality.

Naisip ko na mag-NGO, but I know that that isn't a guarantee that I'll be happy at work.  Sabi nga nila, kahit saan ka naman magpunta, there's always the chance na may politics and intriga pa rin.  As long as humans are involved, there's always that possibility.

I suggest sis na you consider your options and your goals very carefully.  Take the time to think about this, and talk to people you trust.  They may help you see things more clearly, and help lighten the load off your chest.  It is such a comfort to be able to share things like this with trusted friends.  Good luck sis, I wish things will turn out well for you soon :)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.