Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 24 APR 14
Start maintaining a balanced diet by exchanging cake and chocolate for dried fruit, raisin toast, and low-fat fruit yogurt.
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Losing confidence at work  (Read 7567 times)

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
Re: Losing confidence at work
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
same here sis. i haven't resigned.. it's correct that our company seems to be downsizing, i'm in a different department now but same pa din i'm still unhappy. i'm just waiting for my Christmas bonus then i'll file na kahit wala pang job na naghihintay.. feeling ko kasi ang dami ng nasasayang na oras.. para makapagapply din ako ng maayos.
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

ordenclare

• Probationary
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2011, 05:06:43 AM »
ako din sis. i was transferred to a different line of business after i got promoted. sobrang sad kasi mas gusto at love ko talaga yung LOB ko dati. pero wala ako choice, ayoko naman isipin ng management na choosy ako, kakapromote ko pa lang. kaya eto, tiis talaga. na mimiss ko yung dati kong LOB. :'(

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Chocoholic.Java Junkie.Shopping Diva♥
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2012, 02:38:19 PM »
i wanna leave my job na ngayon. my boss is weird. super iba ng taste... daming reklamo saka walang respect sa time ng employees. yung tipong late sya gigising tapos kung kelan late afternoon, saka magpapatawag ng meeting or rush ng pinapagawa! tapos kuripot naman sa pag-fund ng projects pero taas ng expectations. I'm just looking for a new job and iiwan ko na talaga 'to!
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

Munchy Crunchy

snowberry

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2012, 08:19:56 PM »
Sa TS, why don't you look at it in a different perspective? Work hard and show na maayos talaga ang trabaho mo. Try to find something that will make that department  improve. Malay mo, mapansin nila at manghinayang sila at bigyan ka ng more challenging na tasks.

But if di mo talaga matagalan, look first for another  job bago ka mag-resign. Sa panahon ngayon, mahirap maghanap ng trabaho . Meron nga, pero baka contractual position lang o kaya i-under ka sa agency.  So , kung aalis ka rin lang , make sure you will be in a better position.

kwang sun

• so vain
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2013, 06:19:31 AM »
some employers/bosses will lie to u ..normal lang yan... may mga code kasi yan.. ikaw na bahala mag interpret.. same lang sila sa hr  , they
will lie their teeth out para naman hindi masyadong masakit dun sa aplicante na hindi nga sila natanggap

PhamLuis23

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2013, 05:01:44 PM »
Uy.  Is the company downsizing ba?  If they are, I am seeing a different angle, they may be circumventing the due process required by law and that is for the employer to give at least 1 month salary for every year spent in the company.  So to prevent them from shelling out separation pay if you were the target, they would just relocate you to a different department or position which most often than not results to resignation instead since the employee either cannot adjust to the new job or is unhappy.

Look for signs if they are doing this.  If so, consult with a lawyer.  Two words: constructive dismissal. ;)

Here's another example. Some consulting companies regularly need to downsize because they win projects and lose projects like a cycle and they won't always have the correct set skills. e.g. new project needs Java, closing project is .net.  In this case, .net people will be put under performance improvement plans for under performing. Most will resign feeling betrayed and they think they are getting back at the company for resigning. In reality, that's what the company actually wants, for that person to resign because in the current state of things, there is an over supply of .net people.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 05:03:30 PM by PhamLuis23 »
I hate frog bosses... they cause so much grief

ann08

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Made myself prettier :)
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2013, 06:47:22 PM »
Count me in. Pero trainee palang ako. I like the job pero parang fast track. Nakaka stress. Nag rered face ako madalas. :/ then after passing a certificate exam naka bond for 1 year and 5 months. My heart says no but mind says yes. Waa. or need lang talaga ng rest. :/
Quarter-life crisis. :/ Trying to be confident with my imperfections.
Be Random. :D

pretty_in_white

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 03:41:55 PM »
:( u8mypinkcookies, are you working for a chinese employer?
We tell lies when we are afraid... afraid of what we don't know, afraid of what others will think, afraid of what will be found out about us.  But every time we tell a lie, the thing that we fear grows stronger.  ~Tad Williams

BrightIdeas

• Probationary
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2013, 03:48:16 PM »
Ako rin. I thoguht I was going to get promoted this year but it didn't happen.

I am longest member of the project. I am the Veteran.

I organize all the parties.

I created a team within the team and my people look up to me.

I may not be a CPA but I graduated from the best state university in the country.

I'm always the one coming up with new policies and these policies are implemented.

I really feel like a loser now. Everyone in the family is successful except me. My dad was a seaman and my siblings work abroad. Me I'm thirty years old and the car the I am driving is not my own.

Everyone in the team think I'm rich but in truth I really need this promotion.

This promotion would have been the solution to all my issues. Now I don't know what to do. I can't look for another company because my technical knowledge is lacking. I largely depend on the designers I work with and my friend programmer.

What else can I do? I thought about developing my technical proficiency but it is difficult.

I didn't study computer science and don't know anything about programming. I can't read a single line of code to save my life.

I didn't have any accounting subjects and don't understanding accounting.

I have very little understanding of business processes.

My people skills got me this senior analyst position but I really need to be promoted to team lead.

I hope I can get some advise here. I'm really down.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 03:53:47 PM by BrightIdeas »
30 yr old loser

kwang sun

• so vain
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2013, 06:22:57 PM »
expected na pag chinese may ari ng company  either kuripot sila sa sweldo or hindi tama yung pagsweldo... ganyan talaga

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
10 Ways to Wear Shorts in Your 30s
Why should twentysomethings have all the fun?
10 Signs You Need a Diet Makeover
When your body talks, you need to listen.
Be The Fairest of Them All: 5 Ways You Can Get Whiter Underarms
Discover the power of these whitening solutions for yourself!
5 Surprising Facts about Masturbation
There's more to it than the sex toys. No, really.