Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 24 OCT 14
Do you have blemishes on your face? Try making a paste out of blended pineapple and carrot. Apply it to your face for 15 minutes, then
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Losing confidence at work  (Read 8855 times)

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
    • Tumblr Me and I'll Tumblr You
Losing confidence at work
« on: December 07, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
hi sisses, i just wanted to unload this dilemma i have at my job and hopefully someone would give me an advice on what i should do.. :(
months ago i was transferred to this department coz management said they needed staff there. i was kinda shocked and hesitant of course but then i can't bend their decision no matter how i hated it. i even cried and was caught by my Sup and i told them that i felt that i wasn't valuable to my unit anymore that they chose me to be pulled out. she made me bola and said that i was competitive kaya they trusted me.
so the plan went on na nga and i was transferred na. i got even more depressed. i hated my workplace. i used to have this big table, a telephone and a drawer. in this new area, there was none! i was placed in this stupid place where casuals usually work. what the hell?? i dont even have an email and a phone now. i hardly get updates anymore about latest company news, i feel out of place. they said they needed staff here, well i don't see it. they don't seem stressed at all. my workload here is not even half of what i do in the unit i came from! i'm used to the stressful work, a lot of load and running to and fro, i don't feel it here. i feel somewhat degraded. i feel that company wants me out and that they don't need me anymore. they do not care about if it would help or destroy my career.
it's not anymore in line with my career plan. i don't see an opportunity for me here.
i dont know what to do, i don't know how to escape from this mess.. i want to get out from here.. :(

"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

eowyn

• Senior GirlTalker
  • a loving mother to my baby dunedain
Re: Losing confidence at work
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2009, 11:50:42 AM »
hi, sis.

you already said it-- "get out from there." only you can decide.

i know, i know, we are living in a competitive environment, and we are still experiencing a global meltdown. it is very important to be employed, but sometimes, you also have to think if what you have (i mean your work) is something really worth it.

i might have not been into your shoes, but i definitely know how it feels to "lose your confidence" at work. mine is just of a different context though. i lose confidence in the sense that i am slowly realizing the TRUTH in government agencies.

when i was still in college, and even when i was jobhunting, i shunned the idea of applying in a government institution, although i already have a civil service professional eligibility (a requirement). maybe i was just appalled at how things "work" in the government. iba kasi sa private. yun nga lang kung security of tenure at good pay with less workload ang hanap mo, go ka na sa gov't. office.

going back to your prob, sis, have you reflected re: possible reasons they transferred you to that department? i mean, the other reasons aside from saying na undermanned ang department/unit na yan? usually kasi pag ganyan, either may "manok" sila to replace you sa previous position mo, or they have some issues with you...pwedeng personal, work ethics, etc.

experience ko kasi dito sa amin, nililipat kapag napag-iinitan ng BIG BOSS. others are forced to resign pa nga. but that doesn't necessarily mean incompetent sila. basta hindi lang sila "type" ng pinaka-boss.
"No regrets, just L<3ve." - Katy Perry, Teenage Dream

eowyn

• Senior GirlTalker
  • a loving mother to my baby dunedain
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2009, 11:56:10 AM »
p.s. sis, baka pag natagalan ka pa dyan, tuluyan ka nang ma-fall into pieces gaya ng username mo. ;D joke. smile lang. :)
"No regrets, just L<3ve." - Katy Perry, Teenage Dream

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 02:45:07 PM »
hi sis thanks for your reply.
actually natanong ko na yan, why me? kasi yung load ko sa previous ko is super dami talaga. production wise, i've contributed a lot. hindi ako umaabsent, or nalelate. wala akong naging issues with my bosses. ni wala akong audit finding. so what's the reason of pulling me out? they said qualified daw kasi ako. i dunno. i just don't get it.
yun na nga yung iniisip ko, na di na nila ko feel sa department na yun. you know, i'm really having self-pity right now. i feel na left out na ako sa mga kabatch ko.
i really want to get out but ang hirap naman humanap ng work. :(
"Everything that happens in this world happens at the time God chooses." Ecclesiastes 3:1" :)

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 05:12:32 PM »
Trust your instincts... if you feel management put you there to force you to resign.. then do so... but in your own good time.

Meaning, generate employment alternatives....  sige, since you are not fully occupied in your current job -- make good use of it to attend to whatever will make you generate alternative jobs.

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2009, 10:12:33 AM »
hi sis. what do you mean po by alternative jobs? like online jobs?? or i should start looking for another employment opportunity?:(

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 10:33:22 AM »
Seek better opportunities. Maghanap ka na ng malipatan bago ka magresign, not the other way around. Don't let this experience pull you down. If they did not appreciate what you did for the company, it's their loss not yours. Cheer up sis, di lang sa kanila umiikot ang mundo mo. :)
M * A * Y * A * N * G * K * Y

orangelove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 09:53:02 AM »
tama yung sinabi ni tamarind26

my boyfriend kinda felt the same way when ayaw sya pagbigyan dun sa terms nya before signing a new contract with his employer. ayun sa frustration nya dahil sa mga pinapakita ng employer nya (ex: tinanggal name nya sa org chart e hindi pa naman sya umaalis sa company, tinanggalan ng access sa servers e trabaho nya magmonitor nun) umalis sya na wala pang malilipatan na company. mag 3 months na sya na walang trabaho. and feel nya tuloy mali ang decision nya to leave...

pero sa case nya kasi mahirap yun maghanap ng work while employed sa current company kasi contractual lang sya at 5 incentive leaves lang per year ang allowed... so mangyayari work without pay if ever magleleave sya to go for a job interview.
Life is all about timing. The unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable attainable. Have the patience, wait it out. It's all about timing.

ishko

• is a happy mom and
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 12:47:39 PM »
sis, wag ka muna magresign kung wala pang lilipatan.. mas ok sa work mo kahit walang masyadong ginagawa basta may sweldo..

hayaan mo sila na magsayang ng pera sa pa-sweldo sa yo kahit wala kang ginagawa, it's their disadvantage at hindi sa yo..
I love baby Theo!

i_am_sweet

• GUYtalker
  • GirlTalker
  • I know you want me.
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 01:52:30 PM »
Uy.  Is the company downsizing ba?  If they are, I am seeing a different angle, they may be circumventing the due process required by law and that is for the employer to give at least 1 month salary for every year spent in the company.  So to prevent them from shelling out separation pay if you were the target, they would just relocate you to a different department or position which most often than not results to resignation instead since the employee either cannot adjust to the new job or is unhappy.

Look for signs if they are doing this.  If so, consult with a lawyer.  Two words: constructive dismissal. ;)

fall2pieces

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2009, 09:38:40 AM »
^i guess so, they're downsizing. if that's the case, what should i do??

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 11:15:05 PM »
hi sis. what do you mean po by alternative jobs? like online jobs?? or i should start looking for another employment opportunity?:(

Sorry, ngayon ko lang nakita may follow-up question ka.

What I meant was, continue your employment .. but look for jobs na.   Do an active search, you have time to spare while on the job. 
Mag absent ka for interviews... hwag mo bitiwan your current job while wala ka pang lilipatang iba.

Juricks

• Love never fails.... (1 Corinthians 13:1-8a and 13)
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Live, laugh, love. ;)
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2010, 02:38:37 PM »
Uy.  Is the company downsizing ba?  If they are, I am seeing a different angle, they may be circumventing the due process required by law and that is for the employer to give at least 1 month salary for every year spent in the company.  So to prevent them from shelling out separation pay if you were the target, they would just relocate you to a different department or position which most often than not results to resignation instead since the employee either cannot adjust to the new job or is unhappy.

Look for signs if they are doing this.  If so, consult with a lawyer.  Two words: constructive dismissal. ;)

Sayang, ngayon ko lang nalaman. :(
Life isn't about waiting
for the storm to pass..
It's about learning to
DANCE in the RAIN...

hazelbrown_eyes27

• Miss NO pushover!
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 05:05:52 AM »
 Heheh! Ako, Iam resigning kahit wala pa akong job. Why? Im so stressed out from where Iam working right now. Not because of my workload.. its easy! The kind of people who Iam working with in my department are the ones that is stressful. Id rather not have a job at the momment as I have angst. I want to have a break first before  getting another job so that I will have a fresh start. Its going to be unfair for the company who will get me if I will be so negative when I transfer. Iam going to make sure that I will get in a good company.
Dont even bother explaining! I cant believe you.

Halina

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »
Ako, di naman losing confidence. Mainipin lang ako so patalon talon. Sa mga pinagtrabahuhan ko, meron talagang ang probleman yung kumpanya. Meron yung boss. Meron yung coworkers. At meron din yung opisina mismo health hazard. Pero dahil nag-krisis, mahirap na tumalon kasi nung huling lipat ko, walang sumalo. Ngayon, kahit na may di ako gusto, naka-rugby na ang sapatos ko sa carpet. Tiis na lang kasi mas importante sakin yung pera ngayon. Ok na kahit masungit si boss. Pasok sa isang tenga, labas sa kabila. Di na lang ako nagpapaapekto kasi mas gusto ko makita na hindi zero yung bank account ko. Sa susunod na yung kaligayahan at feeling ng accomplishment. Isipin mo na lang ano ang mas importante sayo.
who ever said, "it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all," can stick what he knows of love in a gnat's ear

jehncal

• aMotherWithLotsOfLove
  • Probationary
  • a mother, a daughter, a sister and a friend.
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
if you can afford it. LET GO AND MOVE ON.. ;)
"the best thing a father can do to his children,is LOVE THEIR MOTHER"
"the best thing a mother can invest into.. is to Love her child"

miss resilient

• ..serving God, faithfully
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
demotion ba ito?

ano ba yung previous position mo? ano naman ang current position mo?

apparently, contradicting ang sinabi ng sup mo. sabi niya they have confidence with you kaya you were chosen to be transferred to another dept. but youre telling us here that the job that you have right now doesnt challenge you. ni walang table at computer..i cant imagine na makapagwork sa ganun..huwag naman sana.

zagna isla

• Probationary
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 10:16:32 PM »
sis, y don't u talk to ur h.r. about it? [textspeak!] trusted h.r. kumbaga?  sana malinawan na yan.. me nga, im starting to hate my graveyard shift and it's making me literally sick! grr... wala rin kami permanent workstations and access to emails kahit nung dati pa..

miss resilient

• ..serving God, faithfully
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 05:49:44 PM »
^in the first place ba alam mo na gy shift ang magiging schedule mo?

ako rin dati na experience ko yan paano kasi mga koopal ugali ng mga kasama ko...naroon yung powerplay kasi nga sila yung regular. i was younger then kaya di ko alam kung paano lumaban at that time. iyon namang mga colleagues ko sa work ang naging dahilan ng pagkalose ng confidence ko sa work..but then, that's the past.

u8mypinkcookies2

• GirlTalker
  • $їмplу $мa$нїи'
    • Munchy Crunchy
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 06:05:48 AM »
Me too, i'm starting to lose confidence at work. Sobrang stressful na rin na. Literally dragging myself every morning na para pumasok :( sana makahanap na ko ng better job.
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.