Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 23 JUL 14
Learn and keep active at the same time! Listen to audiotapes and podcasts while commuting or exercising.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Clean up your finances for the new year  (Read 10549 times)

mommamymy!

• RND, Underwriter, Super Wife, Newbie Mum.
  • GirlTalker
  • Happily married, enjoying mommyhood.
    • MOMMA MYMY
Re: Clean up your finances for the new year
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
oen good tip: close your credit card accounts! dito kasi madalas mapunta iyong salary namin ni hubby so balak namin, by the end of 2011, i-close na ang citibank credit cards namin. we'll keep one card na lang in case of emergency. before, okay lang kasi wala pa naman kami baby pero since meron na ngayon, dapat mag-save up na kami. para good vibes na rin for 2012! ;)
I believe in pink. I believe that laughter is the best medicine. I believe in miracles. I believe in Him.

- 03.12.11 -
Regie ♥ Lois
Forever&Always

----------------
http://twitter.com/mommamymy
http://mommamymy.blogspot.com
http://pinterest.com/mommamymy

hardyrissa

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 06:00:52 PM »
i think cutting down on the number of credit cards is a good thing...hopefully next year we'll be able to do it
God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever...

juicy

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 02:40:31 PM »
start 2012 with no debts, lets go sisters!  ;)
Signature edited.

yAbmby

• GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 10:30:28 AM »
naku major goal ko din to for 2012 kaya lang mukhang di kakayanin coz November na & 13th month pay & bonus eh may pinaglalaanan na. sarap sana ng debt free na 2012 i guess i can do it on the first quarter of 2012 hopefully....

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • call me sis bratty for short..
    • Blog
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 10:34:05 AM »
I will start my clearing all my loan balances and make them updated, then I will settle my issued check sa Materials namin when we had our Home Improvement almost 100K din fully paid na before 2011 ends so by 2012.
I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

phurple0515

• your bitchy, sweety, ironic, down-to-earth (",)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2011, 04:46:32 PM »
di man aabot ng end of 2011, have started already to clean up my debt in one of my CC.  target is to clear it by March then on sa 2nd for completion.  So far so good, on track already.  Dapat, by mid-2012, clear and clean na ko :)  Para lahat ng pera sa savings na talaga mapunta :)
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

wengluvsp3k

• Probationary
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2011, 11:53:31 PM »
I'll try my very best this coming year to be very wise in handling my finances. Every year I've been telling it to myself na promise next year I will not be very magastos na but at the end of the year I'll just feel regretful thinking of what I've done with all of the money that I've earned for the last 12 months. This year 2011 is one of the worst kasi I got my retirement fee from the last company I worked for and in fairness it's a big sum of money din. I just got it march and now it's all gone  :( hay.. with all the broken promises that I'vesaid to myself with regards to saving money for the future, i'm determined to make it happen this coming year especially that me and my husband are planning to get a housing loan na.

My husband is very good in handling money as opposed to me who's a total failure whenit comes in handling or saving up. One thing I noticed my husband does is he monitor his finances by creating an excel file where he record his salary,all of the expenses. You dont need to be an accounting graduate to be able to learn this. Then the other day, I saw this application for ipad where you can monitor all of your expenses. Madaming ganitong type ng application online na for free. Im planning to use it for next year and this time I'll be very serious about it. Hindi naman siguto masama yung every now and then I'll still buy some of the things that I like aside from the things I really need pero I guess this time I wont be too impulsive especially when I have money na. Minsan kasi pag may pera na me..I cant stop thinking already of things I want na thats why I always end up spending all the money I have.

phurple0515

• your bitchy, sweety, ironic, down-to-earth (",)
  • Super GirlTalker
  • bitchy sweet (",)
    • La Vie En Rose
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2011, 10:17:05 AM »
^ i also have an excel file.  minsan pag lumabas kami ni hubby, pagdating na pagdating ng bahay, ang una kong ginagawa is to audit our expenses for the day.  lahat ng receipt nasa akin then nakalista sa excel, starting sa una naming nagastos for the day.  kaya minsan automatic na inaabot na sa akin ni hubby receipt pag nasa labas kami.  niloloko nga niya ako lage na nag-o-audit na naman ako pag ganon :) 
"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!"

kisses bratt

• I am LOVED & Im InLOVE! A certified
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Life is not always fair but GOD is always faithful
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2011, 10:33:17 AM »
it's nice to learn the usage of ledger so that so will be able to check and track back the credits and debits. What are your expenses? At first, Im having a difficulty of using it but its nice coz even a single cents either I used cash or credit card Im now aware how to spend my money wisely.
Hope this tip helps you sissesss!
/ToGodBeTheGlory/·•  simply MeLaiRC  •;-)/Phil. 4:13
~Badminton Addict.Traveller.Coffee Lover.Wedding Coordinator~
http://www.facebook.com/melaircreations
http://melaircreations.blogspot.com

samsonknight

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 04:29:17 PM »
good thing nakuha ko na 13th month ko, plan ko bayaran next yr credit card bill ko, 50% [textspeak!] baayaran ko sana, but its time to clear my finances

twgonzales

• GirlTalker
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »
I find it helpful if I list all my expenses at the end of the day. That way I know where all my money goes to. Turned out last year most of my money went to Starbucks. So I cut that down and my savings grew tremendously :)

super bratinella

• I am officially a HomeOwner;queen of the house; a non stop
  • Super GirlTalker
  • call me sis bratty for short..
    • Blog
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
I will update my loans and fully paid our materials loan when we had our home improvement, this 2012 I will focus in paying our loans and credit card and soon to clear everything, then have to do everything one by one with our home improvement, relax muna for renovation ng house most important is ma clear ang aming finances.

Take things slowly and one at a time.

I am nobody.

Nobody is PERFECT.

Therefore, I am PERFECT!.

http://superbratinella.blogspot.com/

lclanzaderas

• Junior GirlTalker
    • work-at-home mom from lipa city
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »
to be debt-free by selling lot to pay the lot we built a house on
to have a budget allocation of 10% tithe/20% retirement/70% expenses
happy new year!  :)

starcare

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 02:46:16 PM »
ako, I'll be opening a new account for additional savings

xee

• GirlTalker
  • Let the things you love to do, inspire you
    • My Landscape Photography
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2012, 10:09:46 PM »
^^ same here starcare, planning to open a new account for savings na hindi magagalaw  ;)
La vita č bella Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

faithmonica

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2012, 01:14:16 PM »
just yesterday, i decided na i fully paid nalng yung car loan namin which is due pa next year jan 2013. the reason is to get a rebate from the car loan..ang laki rin kasi ng interest, compare sa interest ng savings ko banko na sobrang liit nman. So starting today onwards my goal is to save and payback the amount i have withdraw from my savings account. at least less worries the lending company will not profit anymore from my loan interest..Thank God.

dashee

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »
super magastos ako talaga. nagsisisi rin ako dahil most of my purchases (clothing, shoes, accessories) are bought on an impulse. yan tuloy, wala akong naiipon.

unang ginawa ko is to monitor my expenses. hopefully, ma-cut ko yung mga unnecessary purchases ko ng paunti-unti. di kasi kaya kung bigla ko nalang titigilan lahat ng vices ko-- nakakaloka yun!  :o

next na gagawin ko ay ibebenta ko ang ilang mga nabili ko, hopefully to free up any wardrobe space at to save up money. hay grabe, first time kong magbebenta online if ever. i'm still researching on how to do that, given na wala akong credit card. :(

sana talaga magpositive na ang cash flow ko. hay. :(

honeybee830

• GirlTalker
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 01:30:06 PM »
Hello sisses,

Isa sa mga plan ko para makabawas ng credit ay ibenta ang di ko na gagamitin na gadget then pwede na ipmbayad sa natitirang credit.. can anyone help me, paano po magpost sa FN Marketplace ng new topic na ibebenta? thank you in advance.. ;)

caprichosa

• GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2012, 03:15:38 PM »
New Year!

I have been using the envelop system religiously for 3 months now and super helpful. But instead of envelops, I use different pouches in my bag.

I started going online in selling stuff again, to help with the growing expenses of a growing family.

My goal for 2010: Clear up credit card debts and close them - achieved!
My goal for 2011: Track and lessen (useless) expenses
My goal for 2012: Regular savings na.

honeybunny

• i'm a super dooper, mega, hyper
  • Super GirlTalker
  • hahaha
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2014, 03:24:53 AM »
I installed an accounting sofware in my PC to track all my expenses.

I started only buying things I NEED. except for the gifts i wanna but for my significant other.

I cut down on unnecessary expenses.

So far so good. Naubos lang ulit savings ko dahil nag enroll yung kapatid ko.

Hayyyy
i don't need education, i need inspiration.
                   if i was just educated, i'd be a damn fool.

*whoever said money can't buy happiness didn't know where to go shopping

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.