Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 28 NOV 14
Need to maximize room space? Make sure you utilize built-in closets and freestanding cabinets.
  • Good House Keeping
    The New Mrs. Pitt, Angelina Jolie, is on the cover of the November issue of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s  (Read 92229 times)

alexandrea

• I'm in your head and under your skin.
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Resistance is futile ... if less than 1 ohm.
    • The Background Story
Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« on: December 04, 2009, 08:29:19 AM »
Hi, I'm 28 and have been single for a year after a failed relationship that lasted for two and a half years. I realized that being single now at my age is a bit tougher than when I was in my early 20s because of the pressure. I'm so far happy with my freedom but I can't help but be aware that my peers are getting married one after the other. My parents are even asking me when I can give them a grandchild (geez wala pa ngang groom, apo na agad ang gusto LOL). I take it all in stride, though.

How do you handle the pressure?

On the bright side, what's so great about being single at your age?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 08:55:41 AM by alexandrea »
The Background Story - We write the stories you will never tell.

hazelbrown_eyes27

• Miss NO pushover!
  • Senior GirlTalker
Re: Single people in their late 20s all the way to 30s
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:10:00 PM »
im 32. single for 2 years? lol! Im even better now than when I had a bf! I looked younger. wala kasing kunsumisyon!
Dont even bother explaining! I cant believe you.

Amity

• I wanna be a...
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Daysleeper...
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2009, 08:46:14 AM »
^ same here sis. 7 years rin kami ng 1st bf ko. Until now i'm quite hurting pa rin. Pero now i can really say na na appreciate ko ang maging single. I'm 26. Pero minsan napapaisip ako kung magkaka bf pa rin ba ako. Pihikan kasi ako. TOINKS!

luisacart

• Senior GirlTalker
  • Never judge a book by it's genre.
    • My Adventures in Finding Mr. Right
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 11:24:07 AM »
I'm turning 26 on December 23rd. Late 20's na. shucks. Well, I've been single for 4 years. I broke up with my first and last serious bf 4 years ago. I'm actively dating but only because I want to find the right person. Some people get it the wrong way though. They think I'm desperate. A committed relationship, for me would be good, but it's not something I can live without. I'm happy by being on my own. Sometimes, too happy but I know I'm getting older and if I really want to have a family of my own someday, I need to start looking for a possible father. lol I mean, I've enjoyed my single-ness enough it's time for me to try being in a relationship again. I'm older and wiser. So, I'll make less mistakes. Masama bang mag-hanap kung sa palagay ko ay kaya ko nang mag-handle ng long term relationship? Ndi kasi ako 'yung tipong uupo na lang sa isang tabi at magdadasal sa Diyos na sana i-ihulog niya si Prince Charming sa lap ko. If I need to kiss 100 frogs to find him so be it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:33:16 AM by luisacart »
*WHEN YOU'RE FALLING, DIVE!~~

sweetubeng

• love to travel , shop, eat, read and a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • without God life makes no sense.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 01:41:45 PM »
sis Alexandria dito ka pala hehe, oh well i dunno kung single na ako ulit since im struggling with my LDR Bf kasi till now dipa din sya nagpaparamdam i feel hopeless but still hoping na anytime magparamdam na sya, i  had 2  past failed relationship  na, i am already 30 and assuming na sya na sana si BF  ko ngayon ang maging partner in life ko na pero as of now parang nagiging malabo na naman.

sis lusiacart same dilemma, enjoy na enjoy ko naman ang pagiging single pero i think this is the right time na for me to settle down since im only child ang lungkot naman kung forever single ako, and syempre yong pressure from friends and relatives na baka daw nasa akin ang problema at masyado akong  mapili, oh well ayoko naman mag settle sa isang lalaking wala naman akong feeelings para lang masabi na may asawa or magka anak man lang,I'm not that desperate but im hoping na sana anytime soon God will grant me the right man im not losing hope and i still believe na sana yong BF ko magparamdam na sya sa akin :-\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 01:47:41 PM by sweetubeng »
Jeremiah 29:11 says, " 'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.' "

LIVE A LIFE that pleases GOD... not People.

muahmuahmuah

• There is no price for Awesomeness! Amp'd Up
  • Super GirlTalker
  • dam it your clothes! punk the devil
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 02:45:06 AM »
ive been single for many years but im kinda in the middle of one or so i think. the only time ill say im in a relationship is when a guy proposes, gets me engaged and gives me a ring harhar. labo kasi sa sobrang tagal kong nagka bf na seryoso i dont get it anymore how or what kind of relationship we're building given all the stress signals we just passively resist. i dont want to burn myself dating so i take it slowly...slow na nga ano pa kaya ikasoslow nito. hehe. one at a time and see where it goes.

i never got pressured into marrying that was way off of my mind until recently na ive been figuring out what i really want in a relationship and in a mate.  i complicate me too much. i know i have a lot of fixing
to do.

current plan of action is collecting reserves. kelangan ng new batch. kidding. nah ayaw ko na ng reserves. i want the real thing na so we could get it on. harhar. 
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection. The Lovers, the Dreamers, and Me.

I am a catch, and I am not going to be the one to get away.

You should never settle for who you are.

><((((>`..`..`...><((((>
`.. , . .`.. ><((((>

belle veena

• Probationary
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 02:07:48 PM »
Thank to this thread... ive come to realize i'm not the only one in this world suffering from this dilemma...

sadly, same story as the other, i've been into a very true 4 long years relationship... i've been into the letting go process already (shock, crying moments, unaccepted reality, realization, going out again etc..) but i stop and found out that there's something missing padin, and gotta admit, im still attached with the guy... i still have sort of feelings to him, and i cant even start another relationship like him... :(

i want to move on 100%.. and want to start another serious relationship and not just a fling thing... i mean,,, anybody can have a boyfriend in just a snap of a finger if we really want to, but at my age, i don't even see myself having a boyfriend for the meantime thing...

hard though to be alone, but i'm trying to enjoy being single... but cant' avoid this emptiness...  :(

i_am_sweet

• GUYtalker
  • GirlTalker
  • I know you want me.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 12:05:04 AM »
I am 29 going on 30... I tried singing it to the tune of the Sound of Music song but it doesn't sound quite right  ;D  Like the TS, I am witnessing my friends get married one after another, in fact I just got a notification that I'll be attending one again a few months from now.  Maybe I do get envious at times when I think about it, but I don't get pressured.  Perhaps this is because I always think that we are meant to find the right one for us, I don't want to rush things only to result in a bad marriage.  I also hold on to the thought that we will find the right one for us, or that if we don't then the right one for us will find us instead.

What's great about my age?  To put it simply I am starting to pursue my dreams.  I quit my job about a little over than a month ago; back then I had my hands stained in blood for slapping the wrists of erring employees or ending their careers at times, but now I just make baked goodies and enjoy seeing and hearing the expressions of my customers.  And I get to meet a lot of people too.  So there. ;)

mypooh

• Probationary
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 12:24:24 AM »
i'm 27 and been single for more than 2 years. pressured? oo naman. i know i'm not getting any younger and i feel incomplete not having someone special. but i don't wanna rush things. Maybe I'm being too choosy na rin kasi nga i'm looking for the real thing not just for fun kind of relationship. if the guy won't understand the nature of my work (which eats up more than 24/7 of my time), nevermind. this time, i wanted to be taken care and not me taking care of him. hay, sometimes i can't stop but to think of it, pero sana may dumating na. only time will tell.  :'(
...i'm looking for a bf...

yinandyang

• bonggang bonggang echusera
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 07:35:33 AM »
pareho kami ni luisacart, hehe tagal ko na ring vacant e,
may boylets pero wala pang seryoso after 100 years na.
"Kung maghihintay ka nang ng lalandi sayo, walang mangyayari sa buhay mo.. Dapat lumandi ka din."

- Bob Ong

blush_blush

• Senior GirlTalker
    • JBP
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 09:51:36 AM »
pressured lang ako magka baby hehe...
I am earning

Signature edited.

helga21

• Amazed that I'm now a
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 10:00:30 AM »
turning 26 next year and have been legally single for the longest time. flings, yeah one after the other, may lag times din pag busy. may oras na enjoy, tipid sa load. pero syempre pag Christmas season as usual melancholic na naman.

i don't know why people keep on asking me if may bf na ko. hey it's not something i can easily get from a store or from the street. bakit wala akong bf? wala akong nammeet na pwede. lahat ng good ones taken, yung mga di taken either sobrang bata or sobrang tanda. basta walang spark.

pero may magpacute lang sa kin basta okay ang package baka iconsider ko, pero wala talaga eh...
apple a day makes me sick

choleb

• GirlTalker
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2009, 11:44:13 AM »
I'll be turning 27 yrs old this coming Dec. 26 and I'm currently enjoying being single.

Nasa iyo naman yun kung mag pa pressure ka sa ibang tao.

It takes two grown ups to make a relationship and Dont marry for a wrong reason but get married for love ( chessy  ;D )

Right now I am enjoying my freedom and currently realizing my dreams.

The right man will come, all you need to do is have faith and believe..

Like what the father of the "dragon warrior" said to Panda " There is no special ingredient, all you need to do is BELIEVE that it is something special"..

:D
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  - Mark Twain

esmeggle

• GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »
i've been single too for the longest time.. have been dating guys naman din, but currently, i have been going out for almost 2years with the same guy. i cannot say na we're a couple kasi i just recently discovered he has a gf pala and they just broke up 2 months ago.

yup nakaka-pressure na din at my age lalo na ang babait ng mga friends ko talagang lahat ng kasal nila eh di pwedeng di ako abay! hay.... but siyempre naisip ko rin naman di naman minamadali ang pag-aasawa, at the same time baka magkamali pa ako ng pakasalan dahil sa pagka-pressure ko..

what's good about being single at my age? i can do whatever i want. i bought my own flat, i have a car. so in short wala ako iniintindi. pero siyempre it feels better if i am sharing my blessing to a better half..

swtnsassy

• Probationary
    • CnDFashion
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 12:59:05 AM »
Hi, im just a newbie here..read all most of your messages and geez i'm in my early 30's now and has been single for more than 3 years na...i admit okay it was fun and wala talaga kunsumisyon but right now, am wanting to have a bf na..am not in a rush to get married naman, but hoping to find my partner soon.. most of my friends are all married na rin, worst i don't get to see them and go out with them... :(
Time to renew,reinvent reinvigorate

witch_goddess

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 10:58:26 AM »
for me hindi naman ako na prepressure na maghanap o makatagpo ng magiging partner ko kasi my mother or my relatives do not ask me when will i settle down or sino ang boyfriend ko...yung mga friends ko naman they do ask me pero hindi ako nagpapadala sa inggit or peer pressure kasi pangit naman nun kung hahanap ka ng magiging boyfriend mo just for the sake of having one or to show off to your friends na may bf kana para hindi kana kulitin...i don't want that..gusto ko kung magkaka bf man ako yung may love talaga and i am enjoying every moment of being single kasi when i was way younger sheltered ako masyado eh..

the best thing about being single is you can do anything you want without someone telling you to do this and that or do not do this and that...walay headaches and heartaches..in short you got all the freedom in the world and stress free ka pa!:D

thegreatestview

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 12:47:44 AM »
i am 27. more than 2 years ng single after ng almost 4 and half years na relationship na.

chocolat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 01:15:22 AM »
it's nice to know that i'm not the only one who's been out of a relationship for quite some time now...i'm already 31 and i must admit that it's harder to find a partner at my age. pressure is there but i don't let it affect me. :) i still believe that there's a special person for me out there...

pocketbell

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2009, 08:33:30 PM »
now, 28 is not late anymore. i think until 31, medyo asa norm pa

naturallyposh

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2009, 09:54:54 PM »
akala ko ako lang nagiisip ng ganito. i'm already 25 and i broke up with my long term bf of 6.5years 2 years ago. minsan, naiisip ko makakapagasawa pa kaya ako? i don't really go on dates anymore coz i don't have time (med school kasi). tapos, lahat ng nanligaw / nalink sa akin before either engaged na or may asawa na.
<Advertising links removed by administrator as per:
http://www.femalenetwork.com/girltalk/index.php/topic,124765.0.html>

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.