Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 23 JUL 14
Learn and keep active at the same time! Listen to audiotapes and podcasts while commuting or exercising.
  • Good House Keeping
    The July issue is our Makeover Special! Be inspired by the weight-loss successes of The Biggest Loser’s Kayen Lazaro and Osie Nebreja, who entered the reality TV show simply wanting to lose weight but ended up gaining whole new (healthier!) lives.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Jumpstart your best body today with this month’s best foods special. Women’s Health shares over 100 of the best packaged foods for women, sourced from leading supermarkets, specialty stores, and delivery services.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collin  (Read 36739 times)

graciegraciegracie2135

• Junior GirlTalker
Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collin
« on: November 28, 2009, 03:42:57 PM »
Just finished the first book and I've got to say that the book really lives up to its hype. Its a highly recommended read even though it targets the young adult. It has the thrill, the suspense, the action and the romance all bundled up in one book. I read this book nonstop for 4 hours. You definitely can't put it down.

What did you think of the book sisters?

kittenheels

• steady as she goes.
  • Probationary
Re: Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collin
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:56:28 PM »
I agree! This series is definitely one for keeps. I've started on Catching Fire, but I haven't finished yet--and I'm so excited to find out what happens next. One minute I'm kilig, and the next I'm horrified. It's a weird, unsettling combination, but it works. Suzanne Collins sure knows how to write a page turner  ;D
I'm a good girl...with a lot of bad habits. ;)

catwoman

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 11:43:01 AM »
Im reading this now sa ebook because of your recos here...

catwoman

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 10:25:21 AM »
This book is really good!! Haha...you cant really put them down. Di ko lang ma-reconcile yung fact about killling each other for entertainment....LOL...parang showbiz pero at the end you have to kill each other......Overall, it's a good read but Im just 25% halfway through. May kilig moments din..hehe...

Na publish na ba yung 3rd book? Parang Books 1 and 2 lang yung nakit ako sa Natl Book Store.

mom_wanwan

• numero uno window shopping
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • flipflop queen, coffee lover, physiotherapist mom
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 09:07:04 AM »
I just borrowed the Hunger Games and Catching Fire from the library today and will be starting tonight...heard raves about it that's why I'm so excited to start reading it  ;)
Beautiful in every imperfect way...

juana_antonia

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2010, 12:09:08 AM »
Read both, and yeah hard to put down sila. 
\"There is NO perfect man or perfect woman in the world, only  PERFECT LOVE... built together by an imperfect man and an imperfect woman.\" -soulmate

catwoman

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 05:12:39 PM »
^^Really sis? Just finished Book 1 and i immediatley started Book 2...Very nice!! Suspense!!May love story pa..LOL

mom_wanwan

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 08:12:34 AM »
I just started Book 2 and I really enjoyed Book 1...may crying moments and kilig moments that kept me hooked...I hope the 2nd book is as good as the first one  :)

mom_wanwan

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 08:01:06 AM »
Just finished Catching Fire...grabe, nakakaloka...i never thought the story would turn out that way...kept me guessing till the end  ;) Nakakabitin ang book 2, can't wait for the third one  :D

berrylicious

• Parenting Notes
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »
Can't wait to read the Final Book.  Mockingjay will be released on Aug 24 2010. (http://www.hungergamestrilogy.net) :)
http://www.parentingnotes.info

I'd rather be bored by you than be amused by someone else...

catwoman

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
Nabitin ako sa Book 2...I cant wait for the last book...parang ah..ginamit sila ng di nila alam..what the ffff?

come_undone

• Probationary
  • such a saint, but such a whore
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 02:27:25 AM »
I read Hunger Games two months ago pa... di ko pa sinisimulan ang Catching Fire. ayaw ko mabitin! saka na lang siguro pag malapit na i-release ang third book.

heavensent

• a freelancer, a wondermom, a bookworm, a tv addict and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 01:28:11 PM »
im torn between Gale and Peeta..

cant wait for Mockingjay

lemonkisses

• Probationary
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 12:02:49 AM »
This series is my newest addiction.  :D I actually read the first book in one night! Grabe, pinagpaliban ko talaga pagtulog para dun. Hahaha. The book kept my interest until the end kaya di ko talaga siya mabitiwan. Halfway pa lang ako through Catching Fire, and I plan to finish it by tomorrow. 5 months pa intayin natin for Mockingjay.  Gaah. :(

I like Peeta and Gale. So far, 'di pa ako makapag-decide between them.  :)

I heard that they are planning on making a movie. Sana lang 'wag nila itong i-butcher like *cough* Twilight *cough*. No offense.  :P
You make it real for me.

heavensent

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 02:56:55 PM »
^same here sis, as in 4 am na ko natulog just to finish the book, you cant really put it down once you started reading..

and im also hoping that when they make a movie wala masyadong changes..

ive watched Blood and Chocolate (super excited pa) and i was so disappointed dahil halos lahat binago nila, sana hindi nalang nila inadopt yung book since they made a very different story..

gnela_21

• music loving, book reading
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 03:50:45 AM »
^ count me in. almost 3AM na ako natulog kagabi, parang it's not something na pwedeng ipagbaliban, kelangan talagang matapos! I literally finished the book in 1 sitting!  ;D Hehe. Every emotion was captured! I felt so sad, specially dun sa part in Rue... I'm starting Catching Fire tonight, can't wait. ;)
remind me that we'll always have each other when everything else is gone.

mom_wanwan

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 05:03:43 AM »
^ako rin sis! Naiyak ako dun sa part na yun with Rue  :'( Torn ako between Gale and Peeta...pareho ko silang gusto for Katniss  :-\

heavensent

• Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 09:58:47 AM »
super touching nga yung part na yun, ang hirap maging contestant sa Hunger Games..

princessa bratinella

• GirlTalker
  • I'm happy and I know it!
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 08:35:50 AM »
aha! i haven't started reading these yet, nakatambal lang sa cabinet. pero dahil mostly positive feedback, im gonna start reading, later!!!
What are b!+C#3$ for but to b!+C# around with other b!+C#3$ - Temptation Island

crazyshopgirl

• I am the true master of the Elder wand
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2010, 07:54:13 AM »
grabe ang tagal pa pala ng 3rd book...

i just read part 1 and 2 in 2 days hahaha... ang galing ni suzanne collins kasi if you think about it hindi na new yung story. Pero ang ganda nyang basahin. Para talaga akong nasa lugar nila. Parang natatakot din ako. And very likeable yung mga characters, especially si Katniss. I also like Cynna. And yeah, like dun sa ibang nakabasa, di pa rin ako makadecide between Gale and Peeta. I like them both!!!
this is my newest addiction since Harry potter!!
"Protego!" roared Harry, and the Shield Charm expanded in the middle of the Hall, and Voldemort stared around for the source as Harry pulled off the Invisibility Cloak at last.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.