Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day TUE 21 OCT 14
Going swimsuit shopping? If you have wide shoulders, play up your torso with colorful bikini bottoms. A square neckline will also do wonders for your upper
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: ROOM COLOR COMBINATIONS  (Read 46464 times)

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: ROOM COLOR COMBINATIONS
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 03:34:24 AM »
Sis one solution i can see with the problem is just to paint the existing cabinets a lighter shade brown/mocha using gloss paints. Then you can have a darker colored brown floor, if that is the one element that you would like to highly consider in your kitchen.

Or if it is feasible, you can sand the cabinets to totally eliminate the present color then have it stained.

But you can also never go wrong with white, just add a warm tone backsplash so that there would be a little texture and color to visibly separate the cabinets and countertop.

I was also thinking of a a pale yellow paint, even maybe lighter mustard/khaki, this is if you would really like to be experimental and put color to this part of the house. In this color, red will visibly stand out, then maybe you can either paint the walls ivory or the something orange/peach-beige for a full burst of warmth and energy.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

prettygurl00001

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 06:05:32 AM »
Nice ideas sis! Sige I'll consider all your ideas then try ko magdrawing sa Photoshop para ma-try ko lang how it would look like to try the different colors na na-mention mo. Grabe, nakaka-excite na toh! Thanks thanks!

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 12:28:50 PM »
I was just looking at a 2010 model home design calendar and saw a similar kitchen design you have in mind.

Actually sis, ok lang din naman if you have dark cabinets and dark floor, as long as lighter konti ang shade of the floor so that there is contrast. Problem kasi with this color, this will make the room look smaller. If you have high ceiling and good source of natural light I think this will work.

You can get a lot of inspiration from different sources anyway. But sometimes, it can be a bit confusing since you have different choices.

Update us on your project sis.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

hunny_ally

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2010, 01:50:10 PM »
whats hot and whats not for 2010 http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-home/room-design/staticslideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23204484&gt1=32001

out na pala ang dark wooden furniture. eh thats what we bought  ;D

ms. independent

• PRODIGAL DAUGHTER of GT and a moody
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • First Time Entrepreneur
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2010, 03:08:13 AM »
^ thanks for the link sis... nice!
Whatever you give a WOMAN, she's going to MULTIPLY.

Give her a SPERM, she'll give you a BABY.
Give her a HOUSE, she'll give you a HOME.
Give her a SMILE, she'll give you her HEART.

Give her a CRAP, you can expect a ton of s***.

stormy

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2010, 03:30:23 AM »
If ang iconsider ko na final choice ay (ayaw ko na palitan, sana ok) black countertop at choco brown na floor tiles ano kaya ang babagay na kulay ng kichen cabinets, backsplash at wall paint color?

2. sa dining room, if ang final na ay may cabinets sa floor paakyat on both ends ng couch (nakaembed or pushed againts sa wall yung couch) ok ba na gawin pa fire truck red ang paint para accent wall or sobrang busy na? Dapat ba isunod sa kulay ng kitchen cabinets yung dining rm cabinets?

dami ko kasing kailangan na cabinets since condo unit ito, dapat realistic ako abt storage system d puro aesthetics lang.

d ako makapag set anong design theme kasi halo2x gusto ko. Eclectic? Pwede sana kada area iba theme :( as if ang laki ng total area.

happy na ako sa living room na earth tone at mga typical na kulay ng sofa. Pero yung totoo na gusto ko e deep purple colored na sofa haha ang weird pero feeling ko yun na accent sa area na yun.

sa bedroom wala pa ako naiisip. Nakakaloka pa-start na kami d pa final mga decisions ko :(

cosmochick

• aint it cool to be a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2010, 05:34:53 PM »
help naman mga sis!

my room walls is white with blue carpet then cabinets ko dark brown.. yung curtain ko rin is parang golden yellow..

i find it so boring.. any suggestions?
I want a life that sizzles and pops and makes me laugh out loud.

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2010, 01:59:18 AM »
^My suggestion to paint your walls a very light soothing blue so that it ties with the color of your carpet then change the curtain to white to create a spa-like/hotel like feel to room where the soothing colors promotes relation. You may also like to add an interesting light fixture like a small chandelier.

ms_kitkat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2010, 04:45:30 PM »
if on the neutral side ang color (khaki, brown family) ng walls, ano maganda color ng base board at crown molding? or wag na lang lagyan ng baseboard? gusto ko sna [textspeak!] modern look ang rooms eh

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2010, 01:32:30 AM »
^white. better to also put a base board so it matches the crown molds.

ms_kitkat

• GirlTalker
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2010, 12:53:02 PM »
^thanks, sis :)

sieggy

• sweet-tooth mommy and
  • GirlTalker
  • i love my lil stinker
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »
my house is under construction pa. i would really really love the color mustard yellow sana sa kitchen. Ano kaya magandang color ng countertops? Ok lang ba yung brown but lighter? Kase naman yung mga plates ko kase combi ng white and brown na yung color. gusto ko sana. match silang lahat.  ;D or black granite tile nalang? haaay bibili na naman ako ng mga plates and everything pag nagkataon. please help.  :-\
Hate to see someone alive because you can't afford a killer! :P

Haters are people who dedicate so much time to keep you on their mind. Means, they're just your fans in disguise. Love them! ;)

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 01:08:59 AM »
Granite comes in a lot of different colors and shades, better to see samples first that way you can better decide.

Since you chose mustard to be your wall color, anything in this color family puts harmony to the room. Also, before you chose your counter top color, you should already have an idea of what your cabinets color will be. Black granite is relatively common and a safe color choice so you see it in a lot of kitchens. You can go for the lighter shade brown but choose one that has darker grains.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 03:18:28 AM by rics »

sieggy

• sweet-tooth mommy and
  • GirlTalker
  • i love my lil stinker
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 11:37:13 AM »
^thanks sis, actually im kinda crazy thinkin of matching it with blue. Mustard wall then blue-ish thing for cabinets.  :o maybe a lighter color for countertops? ecru perhaps? marble kind.
Hate to see someone alive because you can't afford a killer! :P

Haters are people who dedicate so much time to keep you on their mind. Means, they're just your fans in disguise. Love them! ;)

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 12:08:33 PM »
^warm and cool color combination is really a crazy mix  :). You can always go for blue cabinets but maybe a little lighter on the walls (mustard color but not too dark maybe a few shades lighter). Now depending on the kind of blue you have in mind, if ex. you have a darker shade, a lighter colored counter top is a good choice.

almond

• GirlTalker
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2010, 11:32:55 PM »
calling sir ric!!! help please!!!!!

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2010, 05:25:04 AM »
^present!
Ano pong problema?

prettygurl00001

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2010, 03:30:13 AM »
Hi sis rics! Mejo nag-change ang mind ko dun sa mocha-colored kitchen cabinets. Natigil kasi yung contruction ng kitchen ko kasi ni-require kami ng HOA ng bldg permit, which is sooo hassle pala kumuha sa Antipolo area.
Anyways, I saw one photo of a kitchen kasi na orange yung walls and dark wood-like tiles yung floor. Na-attract ako sa color sis. Yung orange nya is not the neon-orange na nakakasilaw ha, parang matte yung pagka-orange. What do you think sis, okay ba yung ganung color combi, tapos white kitchen cabinets na lang? Lagyan ko din pala ng cornice na white yung walls.

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2010, 04:04:18 AM »
^Hi sis.
Orange always is a good color choice for the kitchen bec. it is a color that increases appetite, same with the color red. So if you really want to have darker color floors, you can go with that, then just like what I suggested before, go a shade or two lighter if you want to have similar color for your cabinets.

But now since you will change cabinet color to white, your kitchen will look very bright and fresh with that color combination. It will look very modern also.

I also would like to inject some orange in my kitchen/dining/breakfast area. So i was thinking maybe orange placemats, dish towel, etc. The backsplash and the floor has some shade of orange so i might combine this color with apple/lime green.

Im watching HGTV as I write this and it just featured a dining area with dark brown table with orange chairs, very nice.

prettygurl00001

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2010, 04:14:45 AM »
Thanks sis! Grabe, excited na ko! Will post some pics here once construction is finished.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.