Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 01 NOV 14
Need a quick makeup fix? Use a tinted moisturizer to keep your skin fresh-looking when you're tired.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: ROOM COLOR COMBINATIONS  (Read 46619 times)

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
Re: ROOM COLOR COMBINATIONS
« Reply #140 on: June 07, 2012, 04:52:30 AM »
^girly but sophisticated.
you can make pink the base color for walls, then use black as an accent color. backread ka sis since i think there was a similar post here.
-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

bruce_lyn

• My thoughts
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #141 on: June 07, 2012, 06:31:58 AM »
nakaka relate naman ako dito.I  painted my room with satin white and thinking of combining it with light or a bit dark brown. :)

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
  • live well, love much, laugh often
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2012, 10:58:15 AM »
hello-
I would like to ask if black and pink a good color combination sa isang room? i want to have a girly effect kaya pink and black naman para d madumihin. do you think magandang combination un?  :)

thanks

in one edition of real living, i saw how one interior designer combined pink and black. actually the room is painted salmon pink and the decal used in the wall is black and the accessories are black. i find it sophisticated.
The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time - James Taylor

chrys09

• Probationary
« Reply #143 on: June 11, 2012, 12:33:55 AM »
thanks sis for all you ideas and suggestions. i'll consider them all and will let you know kng mganda kinalabasan. (sana)  ;D

Heatherette

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #144 on: June 11, 2012, 04:13:54 PM »
I am planning on painting all the wall sa unit ko ng light gray. Ano ang magandang color combination sa ceiling? Plan ko rin kasi pa-paint yun.

toinkz

• GirlTalker
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2012, 04:42:00 AM »
i used the concept of accent wall sa house renovation namin, maliit lan kasi un house and although ok naman ang pastels/similar color i like something na mejo dramatic ang effect. so un wall where the tv is was painted with red, then around us all white. same sa bedroom na orange ang accent wall. whereas sa kitchenette naman avocado green un dominant color. the bathroom is light blue due to the tile color. seems like a lot of color pero it works naman kc highlights lan un ginamit namin and white pa rin ang dominant color. ;D   

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »
^^the ceiling should be painted lighter than the walls so that it would appear high. usually light gray walls have white ceilings. or, why not try pale blue? and then install white crown mouldings  to make the blue and gray pop out.     

Dacian

• Don't hope for a miracle. Make one.
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • Death is fleeting... Love lasts forever.
« Reply #147 on: June 27, 2012, 10:11:36 PM »
@Heatherette
white pa din for the ceiling pinaka-okay.  matte paint finish.
Do some time with the one you love.

bump

• Work at home mom
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • living a charmed life
« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
i havent decided talaga for but for sons' rooms we want blue and brown sa walls nla.
Je suis pre mon amour.

I am ready my love

<Signature modified by admin>

Romina

• Olivia's (woof!) mommy
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2012, 01:48:15 PM »
I love the rustic look of wooden floors pero my floor is carpeted as of now. My dog kasi. I don't him scratching it all up. My bedroom wall is white pero my furnitures are of the color green and blue. Emerald green/ turquoise actually. It helps brighten up the room. Downstairs naman, the colors are earthy, spicy, reddish brown, parang Morrocan style. My kitchen, ecru ang walls with almost black granite counter tops and black appliances. My kitchen cabinets, dark brown. My significant other dont like the combinations on our living room pero what can he do hehe!
Paleolithic lifestyle :)

vuzhia

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #150 on: October 02, 2012, 12:16:28 PM »
ma achive ko ba sa paint ang ganitong color ng kitchen cabinet:

http://cdn.decorpad.com/photos/2011/01/26/c2658d54b54c.png

iniisip ko kase baka varnish yan ganyan

may sinasabi kase pintor namin na semi duco paint, sobrang mahal kase pag duco...available ba sa Boysen yang ganyang color ng paint para sa wood? anong shade po yang ganyan...thanks!
Death - the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening......

rics

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2012, 11:23:29 AM »
^the color of my kitchen cabinets are like that, and i think its better to use varnish to  achieve that color and shine.

-- If the only prayer you say in your life is "Thank you Lord," that would suffice. --

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #152 on: October 04, 2012, 04:50:40 AM »
^^Wenge finish yung pinakamalapit sa color nung nasa pic.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

$ale... seeker!

• Super GirlTalker
  • A delighted wife since 2002 + proud momy of M&C!
« Reply #153 on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:14 PM »
What would be a great border color for a plaid (army green/blue/light yellow) wallpaper? Base board and cornice is white. TIA!
LiFe IsN't EaSy BuT yOu CaN aLwAyS cHoOsE tO bE hApPy!!!

Our Eat Dates!
Bambino Phils

mishyla

• GirlTalker
  • i love my Miko and Dana-bebe
« Reply #154 on: April 04, 2013, 05:12:30 PM »
hi mga sis..Since nasa planning stage kami ng house renovation. We are planning to have it red, white and black ang paint ng house.

gusto ko sana yung color, it will make the place much bigger. and furnitures would be either black or dark brown, ok lang kaya yun. accent na lang ang red and white.

sa room ng baby ko parang gusto ko ng pink and green..i saw one online. ang ganda..sa room namin, hindi ko pa alam. sa room kasi namin now. super light lavander and maaliwalas naman sa mata. pero parang boring..

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2013, 09:02:59 PM »
What would be a great border color for a plaid (army green/blue/light yellow) wallpaper? Base board and cornice is white. TIA!

Either dark blue or emerald green para mag pop ang mga base colors ng plaid.

cindylulu

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2013, 09:08:13 PM »
hi mga sis..Since nasa planning stage kami ng house renovation. We are planning to have it red, white and black ang paint ng house.

gusto ko sana yung color, it will make the place much bigger. and furnitures would be either black or dark brown, ok lang kaya yun. accent na lang ang red and white.

sa room ng baby ko parang gusto ko ng pink and green..i saw one online. ang ganda..sa room namin, hindi ko pa alam. sa room kasi namin now. super light lavander and maaliwalas naman sa mata. pero parang boring..

If your furnitures are dark colored, then the color of the walls should be light, like white, bluish gray, or creamy beige for the room to look bigger.

As for your baby's room, cute naman ang pink and green sis. but don't go for hot pink coz it looks tacky and garish. Just go for pastel pink (salmon or baby) and green (mint). 

mishyla

• GirlTalker
  • i love my Miko and Dana-bebe
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2013, 02:55:31 PM »
^ thanks sis. more on dark furnitures nga kami if ever.

beachpatrol

• witty title here
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • nostalgic wander kid
« Reply #158 on: August 25, 2013, 10:55:37 PM »
Planning to go with teal, coral, white, black for my room. Mag DIY lang ako, gaya-gaya sa pinterest! haha
Nothing worth having comes easy.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.