More than a year na since I ended my 5 year relationship with my ex. Found out that there was a third party. Iyon pa naman ang pinaka-kinatatakutan ko sa isang relationship, finding out that there's someone else because it makes me feel that I'm inadequate, that I'm not good enough. But through moving on, I realized that the problem was not me (grabe na kaya pagpapaka-martyr ko dun sa mokong na yon lol).
Now that I'm single, I am so enjoying life. I was in relationship for most of my college life until my early yuppie life. My world revolved around my ex and I missed out on a lot. Kung kailan I was supposed to be partying and having fun, I spent my days cooped up with him at home or shopping for whatever he wanted.
1. Kung dati hindi nasusunod ang gusto ko, well now I run my life.
2. The best part is solong solo ko na ang sweldo ko. Siguro kung wala akong bf noon marami na akong naipon (I practically spent most of my salary on him). Ang laki ng nabawas sa gastusin ko (imagine ha, pati load niya ako pa sumasagot. Freeloader talaga. lol)
3. I can travel now. I feel more independent.
4. I don't feel that I have to act in a certain way just to gain approval. I can simply be myself. Walang kailangang pakisamahang "extended family" or "soon-to-be-in-laws".
5. I can decide on my career, on big life decisions, without having to think of another person at kung anong magiging effect sa kanya ng decisions ko.
6. Socializing is fun. I chat with my friends, go out with them. I even tried signing up for a dating site only to delete my account after a couple of days (I realized ayaw ko pa rin magka-bf at karamihan ng nagmemessage sa akin eh mga stuck up guys na feeling gwapo pero full of nonsense naman).
7. Mas maganda na ako ngayon! Honestly I felt prettier after the break-up. Actually, nadiscover ko magpathreading ng eyebrows a week after I broke up with him. I was so desperate to look for "physical" pain just to divert my attention. That's where threading came into the picture. Gumanda pa ako.
Now I'm planning on a solo DIY trip to Europe. Just me. All for me. Masarap pala maging single.