Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 17 APR 14
Stressed? Give us a smile! Smiling releases endorphins in your body, which combat stress and have you feeling better in no time!
  • Good House Keeping
    Find your bliss this summer! GH's guide to a calmer, luckier, and happier you. On stands now for only P120.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Real Living
    Real Living’s April 2014 issue is a thing of beauty, literally! The magazine’s Beautiful Homes issue features 43 pages which will inspire you to rethink your own space.
    Real Living
  • Women's Health
    Everything you need to score your hottest, sexiest summer EVER is in the Women’s Health March issue!
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Have you experienced working overtime alone at the office?  (Read 9788 times)

Purple_Power

• Super GirlTalker
Have you experienced working overtime alone at the office?
« on: November 20, 2009, 11:41:47 pm »
Are you afraid  ;D or you were also brave enough of working alone at night in the office?

Wala lang I've experienced that because I am not thinking too much like if there is a ghost or something. But I am really pissed off with the cockroaches that are roaming around my table.  >:(

I've also experienced sleeping alone at the office when I spent over time since I was a graphic artist on that company. Infairness sa pinagdikit dikit pa na mga upuan yun.

gwacie

• also known as Grace the Great
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • daydream believer
Re: Have you experienced working overtime alone at the office?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 01:47:18 am »
Yes. I kept the door open so the guard outside could hear and the tv on for background noise. Scary.
I'll seek a four-leaved shamrock in all thy fairy dells,
And if I find the charmed leaves, oh, how I'll weave my spells!

pink

• Mao Asada Fan
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Mao-Fan!
    • Casual Doodles
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 02:06:58 am »
Yep. But I'm not too concerned as I know there's a guard nearby.

Nakatulog na rin ako sa pinagdikit2x na upuan. Went home late sa tinutuluyan ko kasi nga grabeng overtime. Napagsarhan ako sa bahay. Everybody slept early and no matter how many times I loudly knocked and how many times I dialed my roommate's number wala pa rin. Nilalamok na ako dun sa labas kaya I decided to go back to the office. Mabuti na lang pinapasok pa ako ng guard. Naawa na siguro sa akin. :p

freeswan

• I am the new superhero!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I am a beautiful swan
    • Swan Princess
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 03:06:20 am »
yes..sometimes coming to work on weekends to finish deadlines. sometimes, may mga "others" na nagpaparamdam pero sinusuway ko sila. i actually like working alone.
I am happy. I am blessed. I feel loved. I am in love.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 11:12:47 pm »
Not overtime, more of working alone on a saturday. When I was with my previous company, I had training classes from Tuesday-Saturday while all of my colleagues were on Mon-Fri schedule. There were a lot of creepy stories about our buidling but hinde naman ako natakot cus daytime naman yung work ko non.

Am not a big fan of overtime kase, it's like pulling teeth on me to have me go.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

aquacharly

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 12:14:44 am »
Oh yes, I pull an all-overnighter once a year at least. 
When I am hot on the trail of some financial performance story... saan nandaya the suppliers and project management?   Which work components na lugi?   How to skew the presentation of Change Orders.  Since these are construction projects, the numbers are overwhelming.  Thank God for Balmori!    :)

Natakot ba ako?  No  coz I lock up.
At Tektite, you gotta inform the Security Office if anyone is gonna be staying in the units (yes, even if you own the units, coz rules are rules).  If they are aware that someone is working in... the guards come very hour or even every 30 min to check on you.
Eto nga lang, when they rap on the locked glass doors... you gotta show your face (ocular validation, LOL)  that you are okay pa rin.   

Oh, my driver sleeps downstairs in the basement parking. 
And well, the most trusted male messenger/alalay stays in kasi at times I need something xeroxed; or an original voucher pulled out...  and to serve my coke and junk food.  But most of the time, he sleeps while waiting for me to have him do something.

Natakot ba ako?  No, never. 

But hubby has caught on  that when  he goes out of MManila alone, that is when I undertake ambitious projects (eh walang istorbo as in utos ng utos, check up ng check up. hay buhay)  -- so sinasabihan na the accounting staff that if I work in late... they must stay with me to the end. 
I don't like keeping people on standby though.  It is faster to be working alone and not being worried that people are uncomfortable and just waiting for something to do for you.

mommynin8

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 09:24:38 am »
yes, i have.  and there was one time that while i was working (my office had floor to ceiling glass windows, right behind my chair - so my computer monitor 'faces' the glass windows (and i'm at the 18/f that time)), i saw a 'lady' looking at when i was typing away in my computer.  her 'face' reflected on my computer monitor, so when i saw her i looked back and yep, she was there, floating (i'm at the 18/f then, and she was just outside my window!!!).  i just said hay sige mangawit ka dyan i need to complete my performance reviews pa.  i didn't feel fear then, kasi siguro nga i was bent on finishing what i was doing.  a few days after, i realized that she could be lurking somewhere else in our office, that i was afraid to go to my washroom right inside my office he he he....
And there comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular but because conscience tells one it is right.

kettlekorn28

• a very happy wife & mom and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 09:53:34 am »
Yup, nung gradeschool teacher pa ako. It was my 1st ever working experience. The school is right beside the directress'/owner's house, as in paglabas mo sa back door nila, yun na. I'm not "pa-impress". It's just that I wanna finish everything, ayokong dalhin sa bahay ang trabaho. The children were out at 5pm. I usually stay til 6-7pm, to think na walang OT pay ang mga teachers. Minsan napapakain pa ko ni directress ng dinner sa kanila. I'm not afraid naman of the rumored ghost in the building kasi I know, di sya ghost. It was like lamanlupa, a golden pig whatever. Sinusundo din ako ni then bf, now hubby. Yung pinakamatagal kong nag-stay dun is 9pm ng di ko namamalayan. I fell asleep pala. Buti na lang nagbukas ako ng ilaw nung hapon. Pagbaba ko ng hagdan nung building, naku locked na yung gate. Nagulat sila directress tsaka mga maids nya kasi kala nila wala ng tao sa building. Tawa sila ng tawa kasi napagsaraduhan ako.
God has given us the greatest gift of all. And that is you, Baby Matthew! :)

Beng01

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 06:50:46 pm »
Yes, I did! Noong nasa SM pa ako, lagi akong overtime at lalo na pagka cut off!
Life for me now is Eat, Pray, LOVE!

Thanks be to God for this Gift of Life. Finally soon to be mom this year!!! ♥♥♥

slickchick

• WaRpEd & TwIsTeD
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Enjoying the Best of Both Worlds...
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 09:45:59 am »
i've tried but not during night time. OT on a saturday lang. medyo nakakalungkot nung start ng day kasi solo lang ako sa office. nung close to lunchtime na medyo ok na rin kasi i was able to concentrate on my work dahil wala yung mga usual na maiingay at magugulo sa office. umalis din ako nung early evening na. i've heard creepy stories about our office so ayaw ko abutan ng gabi dun.. hehe..  :D
Sky above me... Earth below me... Fire within me...

bella123

• GirlTalker
  • everyone has been misjudged.
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 01:12:09 pm »
yes,mas ok sakin un kc nakakconcentrate talaga me lalo n kung design ang gagawin ko talaga or detailed masyado nnna try ko abutin ng 12midnight kc nman pag office magdalas na field ako meeting [textspeak!] inspection doon kaya [textspeak!] mga office and paper works naiiwan.Gusto ko kc the next morning wala na ako babalikan work na di natapos.

gorgeouschef

• "taray duchess"
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • http://ekonomistangpinay.wordpress.com
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 11:29:31 pm »
I did. nung bago pa lang yung project. I have to render ot on a rest day. wala namang something creepy pero hindi ako nag-pee the whole night sa takot.. yung maintenance and janitors sa office lage nakikipagchikahan sa amin na merong nagpapakita sa CR na black lady.. hahahaha.. But if it happened na I work in an office na nagooccupy sa Lepanto Building, hindi ako mag-overtime mag-isa.. lolz!! ;)

artegirl

• Junior GirlTalker
    • My Online Shopper
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2009, 09:11:30 pm »
yes, when I was just starting to work.  almost every night.  ako lang mag isa sa 7/f.  I usually stay until 10-11pm.  minsan naman, pag may deadline, I stay until 1-2am.  grabe, those were the days.  tanda na ko now.  di ko na kaya yun =D

...ben

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 01:32:15 am »
Lots of OT in my line of work.

Sa first job ko, we had a lot of overtimes up to 7 or 8PM and probably about 3-4 times a year that we had to stay overnight.  But the company actually had rooms (sort of like a staff house) wherein we can sleep in.  But I was never alone.  Kami pa nga yung nagbigay ng pangalan doon sa mga "ghost" daw.

Sa second job ko, the longest I've worked without sleeping was probably close to 48 hours straight.  And it was about a week na ganyan yung situation.  It was provincial assignment, sa Cebu.  Nagulat na nga sa akin yung mga night-shift receptionists ng hotel dahil laging "Good morning." lang ang greet nila sa akin.  At minsan 2 beses na "Good morning." ang greet nila.  Naligo at nagpalit lang kasi ako ng damit.  Di pa sila pinapalitan ng day-shift.  But this only happened once dahil talagang heavy yung assignment that time.  Btw, I was implementing a new computerize system and the task that week was data preparation.  Unfortunately, late binigay yung data ng site at medyo marami kaya we had to work overtime just to keep up with the roll-out schedule.  After that, it's overtime from Monday to Friday for about 1 month.  And depending on the size of the site, the overtime would push us anywhere from 8PM to 2AM.  But we do get time to sleep, unlike yung 1 week incident.
Always look on the bright side of life... and GT ain't bright no more.
LET'S GO HOME!!!

sugardrop

• Super GirlTalker
  • Loving life's simple pleasures.
    • J'adore Rougit
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 06:26:24 pm »
Yes. I had to work on the night shift. The lights were turned off at the entire 7th floor except for my area and the reception and the pantry. It was freaky.
A little backreading won't hurt.

J'adore Rougit

Instagram: greenappletini

stupidgal

• has been here since 2003 and is currently a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 07:40:45 pm »
Yes I did. I took a nap tapos pag gising ko pinatayan na ko ng ilaw ng guard. Hindi yata ako nakita.

hushkirby

• GirlTalker
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2010, 10:52:52 pm »
Naku hindi pa at ayoko! May multo daw dun sa opisina namin eh. Pero maraming times na ako pumapasok pinakamaaga as in wala pang ilaw sa floor.

greyish

• miracles continue to happen!
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • stay positive!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 09:04:38 am »
yes, maraming beses sa previous job ko.

as early as 5:45 am, as late as 11:30pm, saturdays and sundays...

ako lang mag isa...though they said the room is a portal, wala talagang nagpaparamdam sa akin hehe...maingay daw ako, pero pag ako naman mag isa hindi naman ako maingay syempre kasi nagcoconcentrate ako. printer lang maingay..

hindi din ako nag iingay kasi minsan ang mga faculty pag andyan pa, daming utos hehe, di ko matatapos gagawin ko
thank you for the blessings :)

jamie_0117

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2010, 10:22:32 pm »
Yes, when I was still a newbie. I won't do that anymore, it's not healthy! Haha :)

laviere

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 01:34:37 pm »
yep. all the time! my latest OT was til 1am. it's normal in my profession though - mas napapansin pa nga if you leave as 'early' as 5pm ::)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles