Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SUN 21 DEC 14
Going out in the sun? Never underestimate the power of sunscreen! It helps prevent blotchiness, spider veins, and premature wrinkles.
  • Good House Keeping
    End your year on a sweet note with the December issue of Good Housekeeping magazine!
    Good Housekeeping
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: Lasagna  (Read 21098 times)

bettyboop1322

• Mummie of two lil hearthrobs ^_^
  • Super GirlTalker
Re: Lasagna
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2012, 02:39:48 PM »
I cooked last Saturday ng Cheesy Lasagna ganito recipe ko:

1 pack Lasagna noodles (i used Ideal)cook as per pack instruction
1 Quick-melt Cheese
1 small Mozarella Cheese

Meat Sauce:
1 big can Hunts Tomato Meat Sauce
1/2 Kilo Lean Ground Beef
1/2 can Campbell Condensed Cream of Mushroom
1 big Onion (finely chopped)
1/2 head Garlic (minced)
1 Stalk Celery (finely chopped)
1 medium Green Bell pepper (finely chopped)
1 medium Carrots (finely chopped)
4 pcs. hotodogs (diced)
1 small can Sliced Button Mushroom (diced)

Bechamel Sauce:
1 big can Carnation Evap Milk
1/2 can Campbell Condensed Cream of Mushroom
1/3 block Butter
1 pack Eden Cook Sarap
2 tbsp. Flour
1/4 cup water

Saute lang yung garlic & onion then add the ground beef, hotdogs & mushrooms. Pag luto na meat add carrots, celery & bell pepper. Then add the meat sauce, cream of mushroom. Salt & pepper to taste.

Bechamel sauce: Melt butter in sauce pan, add gradually the flour use whisker sa pag halo. Put 1/4 cup water then mix ulit. Pag wala ng lump add milk & cheese. Pag medyo creamy thick na pwede na.

Layer muna ng Bechamel sauce ang bottom ng pan. Then yung pasta, meat sauce then bechamel ulit. paulit ulit lang ang layer until mareach yung top ng pan. (naka 3 layers lang ako ng pasta) the top layer must be bechamel sauce. Then lagyan ng madaming grated cheese sa ibabaw. I used quickmelt cheese and mozarella cheese.

Super love ng lahat ng kumain lalo na si hubby.  ;D

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
  • ♥Chocoholic.Java Junkie.Shopping Diva♥
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2012, 08:53:25 PM »
my tita uses this recipe.. :)

* Meat Sauce
ground beef
red and green bell pepper
tomato sauce & tomato paste
salt & pepper
olive oil
garlic, onions
leftover ham, hotdogs, bacon
basil leaves

Saute beef in olive oil, onions and garlic, put everything in together & cook well.

* Bechamel Sauce
1/3 stick butter
1/3 flour
cream (half a carton)
milk (1 can evap)

Cook butter in low heat. Take out pan and dissolve flour in butter to even out the lumps. Once completely dissolved, cook flour by adding 1 can milk and mixing without let up in medium heat until it thickens. Once mixture has thickened, add some cream and the sauce is done.

Preheat oven to 350F. Spread 1 cup of the sauce mixture onto bottom of 12x8-inch baking dish. Top with layers of lasagna noodles, remaining sauce mixture and bechamel sauce. Repeat all layers; sprinkle with shredded cheese. Cover tightly with foil & bake for 1 hour. Let stand 5 to 10 min. before cutting to serve.

(You can also use the tomato sauce and bechamel sauce mixture for baked mac. Instead of using lasagna noodles, you can just use macaroni.) :D
i spoke to my tita last night coz she called my mom. syempre nabanggit ko ito and natuwa naman sya :) haha!! incidentally, gumawa sila nung long weekend pala sa house nila. nag-suggest pa sya if you wanna make it mas "maarte" (na na-experiment nila nung weekend coz they had leftover pepperoni for the pizza they made)-- you can make the meat sauce without the leftover ham, hotdogs & bacon so ground beef lang. then pag-arrange nyo na yung layers, add sliced pepperoni on top of the bechamel before you repeat another layer. may added spice daw yung taste coz of the pepperoni :) hehe sabi ko dapat ipatikim nya sakin yun next time!
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

Munchy Crunchy

Dhee-Dhee

• programmer, cake boss addict, mom-wanna-be, daydreamer and
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I can't live without ice cream!
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2012, 09:25:53 PM »
^will do that next time sis! :) yung first try ko wala rin ako hotdogs and ham sa ref, i ended up using luncheon meat. yummy pa rin. :) thanks sis!
It's like my heart is a tooth, and it's got a cavity that can only be filled with children. ~Gru

BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH NAH NAH!

Snow globes and carousels.. oh how I love them!

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2012, 07:12:16 PM »
^ pwede rin vegetarian version.. Just remove the meat, palitan mo probably pwede mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and olives. Hehe... Healthy ang peg! :)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:14:40 PM by u8mypinkcookies »
There are four basic food groups: milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate & chocolate truffles. ♥

Munchy Crunchy

Dhee-Dhee

• programmer, cake boss addict, mom-wanna-be, daydreamer and
  • Super GirlTalker
  • I can't live without ice cream!
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2012, 10:33:20 PM »
^like ko rin yan sis. ang worry ko lang eh hindi kakain mister ko kapag ginawa ko yan. pero gusto ko try, two batches lutuin ko, isang vegetarian, saka isang with meat. :)
It's like my heart is a tooth, and it's got a cavity that can only be filled with children. ~Gru

BAH BAH BAH BAH BAH NAH NAH!

Snow globes and carousels.. oh how I love them!

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2012, 06:01:24 PM »
Never thought may LASAGNA SOUP pala. Check this recipe out. Hehe nakita ko lang sa isang blog ;)

You can check http://www.jocooks.com/soups/lasagna-soup/ for pics of the step by step procedure.

Lasagna Soup

Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
1 lb ground pork
1 large onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
2 bay leaves
6 to 8 cups water
8 oz mafalda pasta
1 tbsp dried basil, or 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
mozzarella and Parmesan cheese for sprinkling on top of soup

Instructions:

Browning the ground pork in the olive oil. Add some salt and pepper over the meat, season as you go. Next add the chopped onions and continue cooking until the onion is translucent and soft, for about 5 minutes.

Next add the garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes.

Cook for another couple minutes, then add the tomato paste and cook until the tomato paste turns brownish in color.

Add the can of diced tomatoes and the bay leaves.

Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and continue cooking for another 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, add the mafalda pasta, you can really use any pasta you like.

Stir in the basil and additional salt and pepper if needed.

To serve this scoop a couple ladles in a bowl and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.

Munchy Crunchy

reeseay

• Happy and Contented
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2012, 12:17:41 PM »
^sis ita-try ko yung lasagna recipe ng tita mo later. pero try ko yung no bake. natatakot pa ako gamitin yung electric oven eh. sa microwave ko nalang siguro tunawin yung mozzarella. and i boil ko nalang muna yung lasagna noodles. sana ok ang kalabasan. si bechamel sauce na ang bahala. thanks for posting.

reeseay

• Happy and Contented
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #67 on: November 12, 2012, 09:37:28 AM »
^yay! it was a success. ;) my boyfie loves it and so do i. mas magaling na daw ako gumawa ng pasta sauce kesa sa kanya. so i guess i need to learn baking it na. kase medyu unti lang ang nagagawa pag sa disposable container. :(

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #68 on: November 12, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
^ share mo sis how you did it pag no-bake? :D mukhang dapat pag nag-aral ako gawin nyan ng ako mismo, no bake muna since di pa ko marunong mag-bake! Haha!

Munchy Crunchy

hanson15

• Super GirlTalker
  • Girltalk heals boredom!
« Reply #69 on: November 12, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »
sis nagawa ko yan no bake. as in yung recipe ng tita mo. tapos inassemble ko lang sila sa pan. But i didn't microwave or bake. ayun madali siyang madurog pag nagslice ka. pero kung may matitira tapos ilagay mo sa freezer buo naman siya kahit slice. Feeling ko ang gamit [textspeak!] ng bake and microwave is para mabuo yung buong lasagna hehe.

hanson15

• Super GirlTalker
  • Girltalk heals boredom!
« Reply #70 on: November 12, 2012, 02:06:19 PM »
Hindi yun magiging soggy sis. Pag naassemble na saka ilagay sa microwave. Para matunaw yung cheese kung meron kang toppings sa taas saka para maging buo yung lasagna. Pero kahit walang microwave or bake masarap yung lasagna ng tita mo  sis :)

reeseay

• Happy and Contented
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #71 on: November 12, 2012, 03:04:51 PM »
oo, firm naman siya nung ni-cut. di lang maganda yung edges kase yung nabili ko ridges. dapat ata flat lang. ni-boil lang yung noodles tapos nilatag sa container. and tama si sis hanson15, ni microwave lang para mag melt yung mozzarella. other than that the same as your tita's recipe na. tingin ko talaga nasa bechamel sauce ang sikreto. :)

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #72 on: November 12, 2012, 08:37:38 PM »
^ oh okay ganun pala! akala ko maging soggy pag ni-microwave :P Hehe! mas okay nga if melted yung cheese on top tapos madami para sobrang covered.

Munchy Crunchy

miminibebe

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »
Bubuhayin ko lang tong thread na to dahil nagrequest si hubby ng baked mac for tomorrow.
Nakalimutan ko na recipe na ginagamit ko dati, so hihiramin ko tong recipe ng tita ni sis u8mypinkcookies.
Pwede naman sigurong yung cheese on top of the bechamel sauce eh yung quickmelt lang ano?

u8mypinkcookies

• Simply Smashin'
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #74 on: January 24, 2013, 08:11:40 PM »
^ yup, pwede quickmelt! :D Good luck sis!

Munchy Crunchy

yelle

• GirlTalker
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:58 PM »
Bumili na ako ng ingredients kanina. Penne pasta gagamitin ko. I'm going to cook this on saturday sa bday ng anak ko. :D Nagkamali ako sa pagkuha ng cheese akala ko parmesan yun pala mozzarella nakuha ko, mix ko nalang siguro with cheddar. So excited! ;D
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:51:34 PM by yelle »

miminibebe

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2013, 07:58:37 AM »
Cooked baked macaroni last night using the recipe from the tita of sis u8mypinkcookies.
Nagkamali ako sa unang gawa ng bechamel sauce hehe. Yung next batch, tinantya tanya ko na lang.
Ay ang sarap. hahaha! Well, ako nasarapan at si mudra, sana yung nagpaluto at yung mga kakain later eh magenjoy din.  Thank you sa tita ni sis u8mypinkcookies!!!  ;D

caramelli

• Yeah, I'm a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2013, 10:23:47 AM »
will try this using ground chicken naman.. :)
Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else. - Mitch Albom

japs

• GirlTalker
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2013, 03:03:07 AM »
Hi mga sis. Im just wondering kung may idea ba kayo na what type of cheese to use for lasagna? Nasa US ako ngaun and I don't like the cheeses used here. Their mozzarella cheese is bland and I want something creamy and gooey. We don't have Quickmelt Cheese here unfortunately.

CGuerilla

« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2013, 01:13:20 PM »

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.