Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day SAT 25 OCT 14
Want to get an edge at work? Attend seminars, immersions, and training sessions provided by your office to hone your skills.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: How long does it typically take you to finish a book?  (Read 20327 times)

isobel

• Super GirlTalker
Re: How long does it typically take you to finish a book?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 11:21:33 PM »
sometimes overnight, sometimes years!

i usually read before sleeping so i tend to, well, fall asleep. and i forget where i've left off, so i have to read some pages back over and over again. and sometimes i misplace the books and find htem years later. like in the case of anne frank, which i started reading in high school when it was given to me as a gift and which i've finished reading in college, when i found it in one of my forgotten boxes.

maika14

• it's fun bein a
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2009, 01:24:56 AM »
My fastest is 4 hours.

For the twilight saga (my not so latest read), it took me 2 days to finish each book. Daily activities NOT affected. I read it in the afternoon and before hitting the sack in the evening.

If in the middle of the book, hindi ko gusto yung nangyayari or nadiscover ko what a waste of time buying the book itself, hindi ko na tinatapos at all! :D
Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.

"enjoy life. take it easy. anyway, nobody gets out of here alive." ^_^

shadjee

• A certified Shoppingera
    • US Authentic Bags for Sale
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2010, 05:21:42 PM »
before i can finish a book in just one day like mga 4-5 hrs... but now medyo 2-5 days depende sa dami ng ginagawa... ay meron nga ako book months bago ko natapos...

tabbru

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 11:20:27 PM »
depende sa book...

pag novels, less than a day...

pag non-fiction, sometimes inaabot ng weeks / months... depende kung busy ako o hindi...
I shop, therefore I am.

tamarind26

• Super GirlTalker
    • Virtual Thoughts
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »
Overnight. Once I started reading, I'm glued.
M * A * Y * A * N * G * K * Y

thereluctantstylista

• dreaming of faraway places
    • The Reluctant Stylista
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2010, 11:33:33 PM »
Usually 1-2 days.  When I was still a student, hours lang, if it's by one of my favorite authors.  1-2 weeks if I'm busy with work.  Sometimes kasi pinagsasabay sabay ko pa sya, so meron naman na months ko bago matapos.
http://www.reluctantstylista.com
Latest blog post: Lush, natural looking lashes, FINALLY from Philippines first eyelash salon: http://bit.ly/Jk77ze

kettlekorn28

• a very happy wife & mom and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2010, 11:54:59 PM »
1 day especially if it's horror or suspense/thriller. Di ko talaga tinitigilan. ;D
God has given us the greatest gift of all. And that is you, Baby Matthew! :)

ms_rsm

• kape lang ang bisyo
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2010, 12:03:13 AM »
1 day pag walang ginagawa at gusto ko talaga yung book, 2-3 days pag may ginagawa.. pag hindi ko gusto ang book, hindi ko na tinatapos hehe
Just because it's not happening right now, that doesn't mean it never will. - Anonymous

sabr1na

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2010, 04:23:03 PM »
It depends if I have time. I can read about 100 pages in a few minutes. Lately I don't have enough time that's why it takes me awhile to finish reading a book. :(

chimei_17

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2010, 08:15:49 PM »
depends... normally 2 days for good books.. if dragging, never tends to finish it
I'll love you till the end of time...

purple_lady29

• Probationary
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 07:48:20 AM »
It usually takes half a day (8 to 12 hours) in one sitting for me to finish a fiction book if I'm hooked on it. But if it's a draggy book, it could take 2 days, I don't skip on pages kaya much longer, there are times when I could not stand it's dragginess I don't finish it at all =)

em.em

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 04:09:43 PM »
usually 1-2 days, especially if the book is interesting. depends also sa kapal. hehe. kapag medyo busy 1 week, minsan yung iba matagal, kasi papalit palit ako ng binabasa minsan eh  ;D
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnt do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

krisle703

• GirlTalker
  • Swit,Petite, Abt 5 ft. The cutest 1 u'l ever meet.
    • Chase and Chaeli's mom
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 04:43:30 PM »
Harry potter books usually 1 hour straight per book
for twilight about 1.30 hours

Kaya whenever I would ask my friends and relatives to buy me books for gifts.. They would say sayang lang book sakin manghiram na lang daw ako kasi.. 1 hour lang tapos ko na.. hehe
If he loves you, nothing can take him away. If he doesn't, Nothing can make him stay.

em.em

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
^wow! ang bilis mo naman sis. gifted ka hehe!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnt do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

heavensent

• a freelancer, a wondermom, a bookworm, a tv addict and a
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Eric and Sookie
    • my ebook collection:
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
HP book for an hour? wow!

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2010, 09:22:00 AM »
^^^wow, speed reading?
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

niteowl1

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2010, 09:28:26 AM »
depends talaga sa book. if i really like the story, di ko sya titigilan until matapos ko...parang nakakabitin kasi kung bigla ko i-stop, unless di ko na talaga kaya ng eyes ko na mag stay open. haha!
kung di ko masyado gusto, days, minsan months. basa ako ibang book tapos balikan ko na lang sya.

krisle703

• GirlTalker
  • Swit,Petite, Abt 5 ft. The cutest 1 u'l ever meet.
    • Chase and Chaeli's mom
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2010, 01:04:34 PM »
^^really!  ;D can i consider that as my talent? lol
If he loves you, nothing can take him away. If he doesn't, Nothing can make him stay.

lyn

• "Be true to yourself!"
  • Super GirlTalker
  • Say what's on your mind. ;)
    • My Blog
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2010, 01:49:53 PM »
^lol sure, you can. :) 1 hr to read a Harry Potter book is fast...
No matter how clever or sophisticated a man may appear, he is merely clay waiting to be shaped by the hand of a superior woman.  It is, however, best not to let him know this.
                                                    -Helena Pennington-

krnmprl

• Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2010, 05:22:22 AM »
I really make it a point to finish a book in a week. Before I decided to read one book per week sabi ko where the hell will I find all the time to do that? And what do you know, just cut off the cable and I'm able to read one book per week without any glitch.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.