Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day THU 23 OCT 14
Accidentally get super glue on your skin while finishing a home project? Soak it in acetone and wash with soap afterward.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: STEAK RESTOS/HOUSE  (Read 39551 times)

cody23

• Junior GirlTalker
Re: STEAK RESTOS/HOUSE
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2009, 03:56:47 PM »
^ it used to be good, now it's only so-so.

jaiaquino

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Aching to be a full time mom to my Mckenzie Bianca
    • McKenzie's Little Shop
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »
^^well for it's price, it's nothing grand like what you will get at Melo's or even Elbert's.
Sulit sya though especially with the sidings - love ko yun spinach souffle. :)

marose17

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 10:07:11 AM »
Mamou
Myron's
Fire Lake Grill at Cliffhouse, Tagaytay

barnkinney

• GirlTalker
  • expect the worst, but don't expect
    • the jagged barn
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »
could we categorize Grilled Tomatoes here?  although it's more of grilling place, but i enjoyed their lamb chop and it's really cheap..

jamboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2009, 07:02:52 AM »
i've tried pa lang outback, highlands steak house, chelsea and house of minis. soon i'll be trying 145 fahrenheit and elbert's steak room
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:14:31 PM by jamboo »

Mamita

• i love being a
  • Junior GirlTalker
  • Mommy knows best!
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2009, 10:21:12 AM »
Thanks to all your inputs. :) We have decided to treat the family at House of Minis, near Tiendesitas instead. My dad-in-law loves listening to old songs and since may inhouse pianist sila, added attraction pa.  ;)

Still, let's share more insights on our steak resto experiences para we have other options for future foodtrip gimmicks. :D

Speak your mind. Don't be shy.

jamboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2009, 10:53:54 PM »
yes i agree, house of minis' ambiance is very homey, really good for the family compared to other steak places na medyo parang bar ang dating

belle_in_pink

• Missing the old GT!
  • Platinum GirlTalker
    • Belle Bath & Beyond
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 09:59:05 PM »
Wow thanks for the feedback.  I have yet to dine in House of Minis, I've only tried the food from the food court version. :D 

To Melo's fans out there - there's a new branch pala that looks really nice sa The Fort. 

trinity94

• Junior GirlTalker
  • Google and Mr. Webster are the best defense!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »
one thing i hate in eating at House of Mini's in C5 is that after youre done eating, you smell of food or of the smoke from your food... when theyre jampacked, di na kaya ng aircon nila... dont like to eat naman dun sa open space nila kasi yung pollution naman ang maaamoy mo...

for steaks, hit and miss yung sa Pancake House... so far, okay yung preparation nila ng steaks at their Metrowalk branch... There's also Hot Rocks at libis for affordable and good tasting steaks... the rib-eye steak at Gourdo's Fort is also satisfying...

If you can't keep your Integrity ONLINE, what does that say about the person you are OFFLINE?...

READ. UNDERSTAND. REACT INTELLIGENTLY!

I love to be Hated, specially when I'm Right... ;

aiden

• .aspiring hermit.
  • Senior GirlTalker
    • My Cluttered Desk
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 01:41:59 PM »
I think Alfredo's is good. We ate dinner there a couple of weeks ago and the meat was tender. I had my fillet mignonettes done rare (I usually have my meat medium rare so this is new for me) and I was in heaven!

phranczeska

• GirlTalker
  • "once a princess now a queen"
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 03:26:51 PM »
love outback better than tagaytay highlands steakhouse. mas malasa yung steaks nila.  :D

wkt

• Senior GirlTalker
    • my kikay blurbs
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2010, 11:01:29 AM »
thanks sa feedback! lapit na anniv namin ni hubs and i wanted to treat him kasi.  personally ive tried outback pa lang and sa fridays.  bihira kasi kami mag-dine sa 'mahal' hehe
you know you love me!

bluemargarita

• life has truly been good to me
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 10:03:06 PM »
How about sa Mamou's?  Anyone who tried the steak here..I keep hearing na masarap daw :)
life is good! :)
"I thank my God every time I remember you, constantly praying with joy in every one of my prayers for all of you."--Philippians 1:3-4

barnkinney

• GirlTalker
  • expect the worst, but don't expect
    • the jagged barn
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »
so far, i think Alfredo's is the best.. but there's a high price to pay.. but i think it's sooo worth it!

ratacutie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2010, 09:56:46 PM »
How about sa Mamou's?  Anyone who tried the steak here..I keep hearing na masarap daw :)

i like mamou's steak. it's high grade talaga since hindi nagsesebo even when the fat has cooled na. yummy and juicy.

i have been wanting to try elbert's steakroom kaya lang laging nagreresist husband ko. mahal daw. he always ends up disappointed kasi tapos nasasayangan sya sa money. for us kasi, we always like Arthur's in New Jersey. Pero once every 2 years lang kami nakakakain dun haha  you cant buy it raw and bring it home to cook...bawal daw.  sarap din garlic bread nila, as in!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 10:04:56 PM by ratacutie »

jamboo

• GirlTalker
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 10:37:30 PM »
I had a taste of Duo's t-bone steak which my boyfriend ordered. It was good, but not too filling. malasa siya and nakuha nila yung tamang medium-rare na hinahanap hanap namin.

wkt

• Senior GirlTalker
    • my kikay blurbs
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 02:41:03 PM »
i might try cooking steak at home one of these days.
madali lang naman daw according to my friends na mga chef.
ahehe, mahirap yatang gawing benchmark ang outback :P
you know you love me!

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »
some of what i've tried:
- melo's - love their wagyu
- myron's - masarap with foie gras but i love their pudding more
- highlands steak house - i like their fillet mignon
- texas roadhouse for their flat iron steak, mura pa
- mamou - ok din but i found it too oily
- antonio's - super sarap sulit because it's good for sharing plus comes na with soup, salad and dessert and coffee
- gourdo's - ok din but it's not really a steak house
- chelsea - i only had a bite from a friend's steak and ok din naman
- alfredo's - used to eat here a lot as a kid. ang layo ko na kasi sa morato now kaya bihira na lang
- house of minis - for budget steaks
-  italianni's - the steak with spinach leaves (forget the name) but it's also not a steak house

any feedback on malcolm's place and that wagyu place at the new eastwood mall?

wkt, if you plan to cook, you may want to try melbourne prime. they have a facebook page, search mo na lang, or i'll give it later when i get home. bawal kasi fb sa ofc.
may store na sila sa fort area. we had this for christmas and super sarap.

ratacutie, welcome back! i've also been wanting to try elbert's steak room. we chose between that and antonio's for our anniversary dinner last month but we chose the latter. we had steak din at antonio's and we both loved it. i found it a bit similar to how mamou serves their steaks but i liked it more.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 04:43:37 PM by clueless »

ratacutie

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2010, 09:58:29 PM »
^hi clueless (hehe di ko na sinabi real name mo baka ayaw mo hehe), oo I'm back...naging busy sa games sa FB and with my baby but now I'm bored with the games not my son hehe.  Yes, Antonio's is really good...even the non-steaks.  But I love their foie gras the best hehe...pang pabata lang talaga.  Yes, oily yung sa Mamou...pero that's what makes it tasteeeehhhhhh hehe  ;D

clueless

• Super GirlTalker
    • babytopia.ph
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2010, 10:24:34 PM »
;D

nahilo ako sa pagka-oily ng steak sa mamou. but i agree, masarap siya. a tad too oily lang for me.

yes, the foie gras at antonio's is love!

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.