Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day FRI 29 AUG 14
Learn to laugh at yourself! Share embarrassing moments with your friends and giggle along with the rest of them.
  • Good House Keeping
    Forever young Cheska Garcia-Kramer talks about her stay-gorgeous secrets, mommy bliss, and the surprising success of #TeamKramer in the August issue a.k.a. the Anti-Aging Special of Good Housekeeping!
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Build the confidence to strut in a pair of jeans with our 28-day pound-shedding, lean muscle-building workout, and learn the best cuts for your body type with our easy style guide.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: tokyo  (Read 76907 times)

ashleyhan

• GirlTalker
  • born to explore
Re: tokyo
« Reply #540 on: November 23, 2012, 05:44:22 AM »
Hello mga sis. I will be having an over night layover in Narita-Tokyo. I will be arriving at 4pm and flying out to Manila the following day at 6pm. Would it still be possible to take a day trip to Central Tokyo? Ang plan ko is to check-in at any hotel around Central Tokyo, then Raponggi at night and a lil stroll around the city. The following day naman ikot ikot lang sana like Tokyo tower, Sensoji temple Shinjuku garden, Imperial palace. Sa tingin nyo kaya yon kung magstart ako 6AM til 4PM.? Ano ba ang magkakalapit na attractions. I just wanna experience Tokyo even for just one day. Any inputs please. TIA

j_in_tokyo

• Senior GirlTalker
  • You are the worst thing that ever happened to me!
« Reply #541 on: November 23, 2012, 09:04:31 AM »
Hello mga sis. I will be having an over night layover in Narita-Tokyo. I will be arriving at 4pm and flying out to Manila the following day at 6pm. Would it still be possible to take a day trip to Central Tokyo? Ang plan ko is to check-in at any hotel around Central Tokyo, then Raponggi at night and a lil stroll around the city. The following day naman ikot ikot lang sana like Tokyo tower, Sensoji temple Shinjuku garden, Imperial palace. Sa tingin nyo kaya yon kung magstart ako 6AM til 4PM.? Ano ba ang magkakalapit na attractions. I just wanna experience Tokyo even for just one day. Any inputs please. TIA

Hi sis.
kaya naman ng schedule.
bale ang magkalapit ay sensoji temple at Tokyo sky tree tower (new)..near asakusa station (metro)
tapos yung imperial palace at tokyo tower(old) naman ang magkalapit..you can check din odaiba..pra makita mo si statue of liberty replica at si hehe
hiwalay naman yung shinjuku garden..
so kung 6am to 4pm ka
eto suggestion ko
6AM to 8AM
Asakusa (sensoji temple, tokyo sky tree, sumida river)
8AM-11PM
Tokyo (Imperial palace, tokyo tower, odaiba)
1PM-2PM
Shinjuku (shinjuku Garden)
From shinjuku pwede ka na sumakay ng NARITA express going to narita..it takes 1.5H

enjoy tokyo!

mitch2526

• GirlTalker
« Reply #542 on: November 23, 2012, 10:01:55 PM »

Hi sis I frequent Tokyo so I think I can advice you on this. First night, you can stay in roppongi area, kasi nandun ang tokyo tower, not really near imperial palace. By the time you come, just in case soon, magsisimula na ang illuminations. Maganda, or one of the best christmas illum ang roppongi midtown. Magclub ka na rin sa roppongi.

Then start ur day early. Malapit ang shinjuku sa roppongi, if u take the subway. From roppongi to shinjuku gyoen (i have a blog on the garden, nandiyan sa signature bawal kasi magpost) mga 15min or less lang. Pagkatapos ng shinjuku pwede ka mag tokyo imperial palace. I think nagsulat na ako tungkol diyan, iupdate ko galing lang ako dun last month. 1 hr lang yung palace, unless mahilig ka sa gardens ulit. Pero libre kasi dun, at maliit lang garden. Sakay ka train papuntang asakusa station. Tapos dun sa asakusa 1hr, masaya. and skytree magkalapit lang. Sana mga 5 pm nandun ka na. 4:30 ngayon pasunset na. Worth it ang skytree pag gabi. :))

Odaiba out of the way kasi ang hirap isuggest, malls lang naman and tokyo bay. If the odaiba pics seem worth it, go. :)
Blogging about your travels is a way to give back.

http://foodtraveljapan.wordpress.com/

gorgeous_me

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #543 on: November 24, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »
ang lamig n nga sa tokyo,nov 20 ako dumating sa japan,osaka-nara-kyoto-tokyo,last day ko n sa tokyo ngayon,balik n ako ng osaka bukas,libot ng kaunti bago bumalik ng manila :) sakit na ng paa ko,lol...umulan p khpon,pro nakalibot pa dn naman :)

ashleyhan

• GirlTalker
  • born to explore
« Reply #544 on: November 25, 2012, 12:02:02 AM »
Thank you so much sis Mitch2526 and j-in-tokyo. malaking tulong to sa itinerary ko. meron din ba kau na suggestion kung anong hotel or hostel(backpaker) in Raponngi. Hopefully I can leave  Narita airport by 06pm after lahat ng immigration ek-ek then I can proceed na sa hostel/hotel. And also if not too much to ask, pwede paki include na rin yung specific train station or train na sasakyan ko going to one place to another. Im not really into shopping kase madami naman shopping malls dito sa States. mas gusto ko makita yung city/foods/culture/shrine, etc. Gusto ko rin talaga makita ang Tokyo tower, and Tokyo tree observation deck. ano ba yung pinaka popular spot sa Tokyo? salamat ng marami!!! And also, sis Mitch where can i see your blog?

Frozen Toes

• Baby Beast &
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #545 on: December 10, 2012, 09:13:31 AM »
It's my 4th and last day in Tokyo today. I'll be taking the shinkansen to Osaka tonight.

I'm having so much fun shopping, eating, and people-watching here. I love Excel Hotel's location. Very lively kahit past midnight na and it's right above the Shibuya Station. There's also a good sushi place on the 4th floor called Midori Sushi. People start lining up at 10AM to have brunch there. Speaking of which, pipila na rin ako. :)

bagaholic_chewy

• Super GirlTalker
  • *on shopping and travel rehab.. until 2014..*
« Reply #546 on: February 07, 2013, 04:57:34 PM »
seems di na ganun ka-active ang thread na to.. will just backread to help me in planning our 10-day trip in March. plan namin alis week before holy week. we'll be staying mostly in Tokyo, and we also plan to visit Yokohama, Hakone (outlet mall and nice view of Fuji), and Tsukuba..

any suggestion na murang tirahan na malapit sa train station? kahit residential area, basta convenient sa commute, and ok lang kahit late ang uwi.. i saw some "apartment rentals" na nasa usd100/night.. sana available pa mga yun when i book later this month..

sa mga nakapunta this 2013, hope you can share your experience din..
"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you rich"

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook"

j_in_tokyo

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #547 on: February 08, 2013, 09:01:09 AM »
^^ bagaholic_chewy

sis try mo visit to
https://www.airbnb.com/s/Tokyo--Japan

baka may makita ka place to stay na mura..

bagaholic_chewy

• Super GirlTalker
  • *on shopping and travel rehab.. until 2014..*
« Reply #548 on: February 08, 2013, 10:16:50 AM »
Thanks, sis! Will check that out din.. :)
"Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you rich"

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook"

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #549 on: February 10, 2013, 11:16:45 PM »
good month ba ang july mag visit sa Japan? anong weather?

kung first time, mas ok ba sumali sa tour or sariling lakad nalang?

vhanya

• goDdess and L0VeR
  • Super GirlTalker
  • not just your ordinary girl c",)
« Reply #550 on: February 11, 2013, 12:26:47 AM »
^summer nila yan sis. mainit =) best time to go are april-may and october-mid november =)

when we went to japan, DIY lang talaga kami. mas ok to since we can have our own pace sa sightseeing and tourist-friendly naman train stations nila

skylove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #551 on: February 11, 2013, 03:41:14 AM »
Hi sa mga sis who frequent Japan or are living in Japan now. We're going there for vacation this coming holy week. I wonder how's the weather by then. I have a 2-yr old kid with me kasi and was thinking of just getting warm jackets when we get there. Down or fleece jacket maybe. Wala na kasi kami makita dito since they're starting to sell summer outfits na so kahit sa Zara or Uniqlo nakatago na winter stuffs. Do you think it's ok that we buy the jacket when we get there na lang? We'll be staying at Grand Pacific le Daiba. Meron kayang malapit na Uniqlo shop dun? Or any shops where we can find warm jackets? We'll go straight there coming from Narita airport. TIA!

j_in_tokyo

• Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #552 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:03 AM »
^^ sis i answered it na sa isang thread.
pero reply din me dito ha

meron sa odaiba
sa DiverCity Tokyo Plaza kung saan andun din si GUNDAM  :)

may UNIQLO, H&M, american eagle, zara dun.
medyo malamig pa rin ang march pero di na kailangan ng makakapal na jacket.
I think makakabili pa kayo ng mga damit for spring sa UNIQLO..
pero mostly kasi ng binebenta na that time pang summer na like t-shirts and sandos..

greyzie

• in reHav
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #553 on: February 11, 2013, 09:56:42 AM »
^^narita airport mismo may uniqlo & muji...
"D period of gr8st gain in knowledge & experience is d most difficult period in one's life. Thru a difficult period, u can learn, u can develop inner strength, determination, & courage to face d problem. Who gives u this chance? Your enemy." -- Dalai Lama

skylove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #554 on: February 11, 2013, 10:32:31 AM »
Thanks j_in_tokyo! Sige we'll buy there na lang. My baby have jackets naman, not too warm lang. Layering na lang gawin ko. If it gets too chilly for her then we'll but there na lang. Mas onti kasi dito.

I'm excited to see cherry blossoms! Ang itinerary kasi namin is 7d/6n.

Day 1 - Arrival and check in hotel. Go around Odaiba in the afternoon til nighttime. I heard about Rainbow Bridge. Mas ok magpunta dun at night noh? Saka malapit lang ang Ginza from here, right? I want to go to that famous toy store sana. Ok ba mag-Legoland?

Day 2 - Disney full day then city at night.

Day 3 - City tour on our own. Any suggestions sa route if we're coming from Odaiba? Shinjuku daw kaso malayo? Shibuya or what else?

Day 4 - Mt. Fuji tour whole day then take bullet train to Osaka and check in at hotel at night.

Day 5 - Universal Studios day tour and Osaka free day at leisure. We'll be staying at a hotel in Namba. Marami ba makikita or makakainan nearby?

Day 6 - Morning leisure on our own - where to go? Then Kyoto tour in the afternoon.

Day 7 - Morning leisure on our own then transfer to Nagoya in the afternoon for our flight back in the evening.

We took some tour packages since it's our first time. But we didn't get a tour package na for going around Tokyo and Osaka. On our own na lang. What tickets do we need to buy for the mrt rides? Saka recommended restos? Mostly food tripping ang gusto namin gawin. The kids have disney and universal na naman so for adults food naman ang habol namin. And a little shopping na rin siguro. :)

skylove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #555 on: February 11, 2013, 10:34:24 AM »
^^narita airport mismo may uniqlo & muji...

Ah talaga! Sige we'll check it out. Thanks!

greyzie

• in reHav
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #556 on: February 11, 2013, 11:02:26 AM »
^sis, from odaiba, there's a ferry going to asakusa. you can check out the new sky tree  & of course, the sensoji-temple. you can food trip sa nakamise (street market going to the temple).

from asakusa, pwede na kayo mag-train going to shinjuku, harajuku & shibuya.

sa odaiba, you can also check out the miraikan museum and the fuji tv.

ano kasama ng kyoto tour ninyo? for me, kiyomizu-dera is best in the morning (6AM bukas na siya). it gets really crowded pag medyo tanghali na. you may want to check din fushimi inari.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 11:26:23 AM by greyzie »
"D period of gr8st gain in knowledge & experience is d most difficult period in one's life. Thru a difficult period, u can learn, u can develop inner strength, determination, & courage to face d problem. Who gives u this chance? Your enemy." -- Dalai Lama

skylove

• GirlTalker
« Reply #557 on: February 11, 2013, 12:09:17 PM »
^ ito yung kasama sa kyoto tour: Nijo Castle, Kinkakuji Temple, Kyoto Imperial Palace. Ok ba mga yun? Kasi we can have that changed alam ko.

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #558 on: February 11, 2013, 12:28:43 PM »
mga sis kung mag DIY ako, anong magandang itinerary for 6nights 7 days?

late 20's kami ng hubby ko. type namin mag food trip tsaka shempre puntahan mga tourists spots like Mt Fuji.

may tour package kasi 110t per person, 1week rin. kasama na lahat.mahal ba yan?

simplykristine08

• Super GirlTalker
  • Loving mommy and Faithful wifey
« Reply #559 on: February 11, 2013, 01:09:20 PM »
^ sulit sa mt. fuji at punta na din kayo fujikyu highland, kung mahilig kayo sa rides. scaryy kasu ang mga rides dyan, pang adult talaga.
Lovin' my LIFE =)

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.