My colleagues & I spent our New Year`s break in Tokyo, I`d like to share our itinerary for 3 days, 2 nights.
Very busy station! Interesting are the skyscrapers and the malls surrounding the station. We came here for the Winter Illumination but even if it`s not winter, the place are well illuminated and very lively at night.
* Hachiko statue photo op.
- didn`t spend much time here except for the photo op with the Hachiko Statue (It was featured in an Amazing Race episode and there`s also a movie about the dog). If we have more time, we might have explored this place also.
* Takeshita Dori for the famous teenage fashion. We went here on a weekday but I read it`s more interesting to go on a Sunday, that`s when a lot of cosplayers go to strut their stuff.
* Stores like Forever21, H&M and Gap are also there.
* La Foret Shopping Mall
* Meiji Jingu (Famous Shrine)
* Yoyogi Park
* Biggest LV Store in Japan is in Omotesando Hills
* Kiddyland - toy store, along Omotesando Hills din.
* Tokyo Disneyland
- near Maihama Station is the IKSPIARI, disney-inspired mall.
* Odaiba - getting there in Yurikamome line is an experience in itself. You`ll get to see the famous rainbow bridge. Must see: Fuji TV, Miraikan Museum, The Venus Fort.
Some other interesting places:
Ghibli Museum (anime museum)
Asakusa Sensoji Temple
Instead of shelling out entrance fee at Tokyo Tower, you can go to Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building for a bird`s eyeview of the city or the Sumitomo Building in Shinjuku.