Get weekly updates via email!
tip of the day WED 17 SEP 14
It's never too late to mend broken bridges! Take the initiative and call an old friend.
  • Good House Keeping
    Judy Ann Santos-Agoncillo returns to our cover this September issue and gets candid about money, marriage, and motherhood.
    Good Housekeeping
  • Women's Health
    Drop two sizes fast—with simple exercises you can do at home! This month's ultimate weight-loss special shows you how. Plus, real women share how you, too, can shed and keep off excess weight for good.
    Women's Health
GIRLTALK

Author Topic: ALL about JEans  (Read 39763 times)

leesha

• GirlTalker
    • My Multiply Site
ALL about JEans
« on: November 02, 2009, 12:10:10 AM »
I know about Viktor jeans in Greenbelt  (and heard good and bad reviews) but is there anywhere or anyone else to get great fitting custom made jeans made?

madeofsuccess

• Probationary
Re: Where to get custom made jeans?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 05:20:59 AM »
Try kostureras :) I would even recommend my classmate because she does so well with our sewing projects, pero she's just 20 years old and too busy. Hehe

Best if you source your fabric yourself. Ilaya and Azcarraga in Manila are great places to find cheap fabrics, but you have to get along with adventure.
Carolina's and The Fabric Warehouse plus other fabric stores also sell denim, but they don't have much variety and they're usually expensive.

twelvth_goddess

• A certified ZOE-holic and a true blue
  • Super GirlTalker
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »
There are a lot of denim shops around who can customize jeans for you. Years back, this was what I did all the time, it's hard for me to find a really good pair kase na tama lang yung fit and length.

Sa may Marcos hiway before, may pinagpapagawaan ako. 200 lang mind you ah but their materials are quite limited so if I wanted something that they didnt have, naga-add ako ng 150 for the material. I brought pics lang of the styles that I wanted.
Whatever I want, I get. If I can't, I don't stop TRYING.

zooom

• auto geek
  • GUYTalker
  • Junior GirlTalker
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 04:04:27 PM »
You can try defacto industry sis. http://defactory.multiply.com/ . You can also try crazy horse jeans if you are in manila area. They were featured in countless tv shows way back. They are the pioneers when it comes to custom made jeans. Rissa Mananquil even went there before and got herself a pair. P300 will get you a nice pair. You can even have it customize to your liking. Enjoy!

sistah!

• sistah!
  • Super GirlTalker
  • proud mom to four doggies :-)
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »
there's a place in katipunan called toppers. i hear that they charge very cheap, but can do a good job too.
arf! arf! woof! woof!

vin

• GUYTalker
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 03:19:24 PM »
viktor and defacto :)

leesha

• GirlTalker
    • My Multiply Site
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2009, 09:30:35 AM »
Thanks for the info Sises. I've been jeans hunting for the perfect fit for almost 2 months now and I cant find anything in the stores. Cant wait to get some made!

I already contacted Defacto I'll go to their shop next week. Does anyone know the contact details for Crazy Horse Jeans and Kostureras?

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:50:44 AM by leesha »

gingerandspice

• GirlTalker
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 02:06:10 PM »
yes, toppers. dami nagpapagawa dun mga celebs :)

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 11:25:34 AM »
san mismo sa katipunan ang toppers?

m_lim

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 11:32:19 AM »
saw the multiply site of defacto, medyo di ko type ang gawa. yung skinny niya maluwag parin sa ilalim tapos 2k. pricey din ah.

wednesdei

• Super Proud To Be A
  • Senior GirlTalker
  • i dream, i fly, i love deeply.. .
    • My Gorgeous Pink Cheeks
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 03:05:51 AM »
at AntiFit  ;)

gingerandspice

• GirlTalker
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »
^ toppers asa side ng flyover so if coming from mcdo, hindi ka aakyat ng flyover, magsstraight ka. malapit sha sa kotska, etc. small shop lang

prinzesin

• Nurse-on-duty
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 03:44:05 PM »
whats the price range for custom made jeans? :) im super interested, mahirap kasi makahanap sa laki ng hips ko :(
Live a life with purpose

avesoriano

• Super GirlTalker
  • Now a twitter newbie
    • AVE Organics
ALL about JEans
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »
1. How many times do you wear jeans/ week?
2. How old is your oldest
3. HOw many jeans do you have
4. What are your favorite brand ( in order)
5. slim, bootcut?, straight?
5. what shoes do you pair it with?

im wearing my levis as im writing this down. i just thought of starting a thread about it. I wear it at least 2-3x a week. I dont have much jeans in my closet. AS a matter of fact out 5, i think i only use 2-3 of them. ME favoritism definitely hahaha. what i like jeans is that i can pair it with almost everything.
either you hate me or love me...

angelwings_hk

Re: ALL about JEans
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 11:39:28 AM »
im a jeans and shirt kinda gal so i wear jeans all the time. ive gotten rid of my older jeans coz they dont fit me anymore, i have 2 kids now so ive gained weight!  ;D so my oldest is probably my 2 year old jeans from topshop.

i have tons of jeans coz like i said, i wear them all the time. cant count them anymore.

my fave brand is 7 for all mankind but i do really like topshop as well.

i like skinny jeans and bootcut.

i pair it with platforms, wedges, havs (when im just going to the mall).

annie19

• a WAHM/W and a
  • Senior GirlTalker
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 01:43:11 PM »
I love wearing jeans (and shorts also) when i go out. I'm most comfortable wearing them than skirts.. so far ang ginagamit is 5 pairs :D i have 4 pa na hindi sinusuot kasi di na kasya. I like Lee/Lee Pipes or Jagthug yun lang kasi pinakamagandang fit for me. Hirap kasi humanap sa iba, hindi magkasya sa hips ko :D but i want to try Mango though, like ko rin style ng guess jeans but it's tooooo expensive. I wear jeans with flats, pumps, sneakers and flipflops  ;D

bella123

• GirlTalker
  • everyone has been misjudged.
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »
i love wearing jeans also more than 15 pairs siguro may branded meron din from GH at bazaar ko nabili i love all types of jeans my oldest jeans is 10yo up to now kasya pa naman,fascinated din ako sa cargo pants. :)

anjelicabarte

• Pysch grad, Licensed Securities Broker, and a certified
  • GirlTalker
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »
I just love skinny jeans. I think they're especially made for my body/leg type. Before, I opt for Jag and Lee jeans, Penshoppe too at times. But now I'm not that particular with brands anymore...basta maganda yung fit, buy na!
In the end, everything's gonna be okay. If it's not yet okay, then it's not yet the end.

XOXO,

-Anj-

ayvigirl

• GirlTalker
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
1. How many times do you wear jeans/ week?
2. How old is your oldest
3. HOw many jeans do you have
4. What are your favorite brand ( in order)
5. slim, bootcut?, straight?
5. what shoes do you pair it with?

I wear jeans once a week in the office. Wash day Fridays and when I go malling on weekends.My oldest wearable jeans is 4 years old and yes! it still fits me a like a T.its a Levis bootcut ..well maybe because I have 6 to 7 jeans which I wear interchangibly that's why the 4 year old levis is still alive.French Connection, Levis, Mango and Gap...Bootcut, straight and skinny jeans goes well with heels, wedges, sneakers and havs

Pink_Sugar

• Super GirlTalker
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
i love jeans also, from butas butas to dark colored jeans gusto ko.

ADVERTISEMENT
follow us
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Featured Articles
5 Steps to Financial Fitness in Tough Times
Instead of grumbling about the plight of the peso and dwelling on the negative, try these helpful tips to stay afloat. Remember--a little discipline goes a long way!
You're the breadwinner: Now what?
You want the freedom to spend your money as you wish but you know that if you don’t bring home the bacon, no one else will.
Getting money-wise: Why women are naturally capable of managing cash
She works hard for the money but she doesn’t know how to invest it. Here, Pearlsha Abubakar tells us why women are capable of managing their money well, but don’t. Read and get smart with your money.
Never go broke again! The FN guide to financial freedom-forever!
Fear not bankruptcy or eternal dependence on your parents (or a man!). There's a financial strategy for everybody. Read and get money-wise.
Wise up: Start your own business!
Tired of living from paycheck to paycheck? Why not go into business? Read on and find out how just a little cash can become a lot.