from Nestle's website
CHUNKY TATER SOUP
1 medium onion, sliced finely
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup all purpose flour
4 cups NESTLÉ Low Fat Milk
2 pieces 11g MAGGI Chicken Broth Cubes
4 large potatoes baked peeled diced
2/3 cup cheddar cheese shredded
1 240g NESTLE Sour Cream
cooked bacon, crumbled for topping
1. Saute onions in 2 tbsp butter until limp. Set aside. Do not burn onions.
2. Melt remaining butter in a large soup kettle. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add NESTLÉ Low Fat Milk and MAGGI Chicken Broth Cubes, stirring constantly until thickened.
3. Add potatoes and sauteed onions. Bring to boil, stirring continuously. Reduce heat; simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Add remaining ingredients and stir until cheese is melted. Serve hot with bacon bits as topping.
CROQUETA DE PATATAS
½ kg potatoes, boiled, peeled and mashed well
3 tbsp butter or margarine, melted
1 8g MAGGI Magic Sarap
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup NESTLE Fresh Milk, or enough to make a paste
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp minced onion
¼ kg ground beef
¼ cup water
1 11g MAGGI Beef Broth Cube
¼ cup minced spring onion
2 tbsp all purpose flour
bread crumbs, as needed
2 eggs slightly beaten
cooking oil for frying
Hot Sauce: Combine -
¼ cup MAGGI Chilli Sauce
¼ cup water
2 tbsp MAGGI Savor, Calamansi
salt, sugar and pepper to taste
1. Combine mashed potato, butter, and MAGGI Magic Sarap. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pour in NESTLE Fresh Milk until a paste consistency is achieved. Set aside.
2. Heat cooking oil, sauté garlic and onion until limp. Stir in ground beef and cook until the beef turns brown in color. Pour in water, add MAGGI Beef Broth Cube and spring onion. Continue cooking until mixture is almost dry. Let cool.
3. Add flour to the mashed potato to achieve molding consistency. Scoop about 2 tbsp of the prepared mashed potato and fill it up with ground beef mixture. Shape into a ball or into small logs. Dip in beaten eggs then roll in breadcrumbs.
4. Heat cooking oil. Fry the cocreta one by one until golden brown. Transfer onto a plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Serve with the prepared sauce on the side.